Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a car show in Rapid City yesterday and this new Challenger was on display. Just wondered what everyone thought about the letters in the grill. I am not sure what they mean. I will post more pictures from the show in a different thread. There were over 400 cars there on the downtown streets of Rapid City. A really amazing show. Here are those pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Sanderson on the left (instead of Challenger) and VPC on the right, instead of the trim level.
My guess is someone decided to rebadge the car based on who did the mods, and whatever they're calling it.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Look down on the rocker panel. Sanderson Challenger by ?.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to post this, but the car was a 2008 Model.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Just a thought...

...the VPC might indicate the Challenger has a Vortech Power Cooler installed.

EDIT: Strike that. The Sanderson VPC Challenger actually has more notoriety than we suspect. The Challenger was a collaboration between Steve Sanderson of Sanderson’s Customs & Conversions and George Barris, the King of Kustomizing. The VPC stands for Vanishing Point Challenger.

See this link for more detail: http://www.musclevehicles.com/2008-sanderson-barris-kustom-dodge-challenger-vanishing-point/

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I've actually seen this car before. John is correct.....it is a Steve Sanderson Custom. Not as well know as Barris, but he's got a following.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John for getting all the info on the car! You're a thorough guy!! Very interesting about the VPC. Should of thought of that I guess.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
The two tone split like that isn't terrible. I'm a solid color guy. But I definitely do not like the colors picked.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Yeah, ummmm......no. Doesn't do anything for me at all. :shakehead:

:smiledown:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,699 Posts

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point Art! I think the thing I least like about this Challenger is the wheels. Yellow wheels just don't do it for me. It might not be so bad if it had some nice chrome wheels.

·
Registered
640 Posts
X2..I normally like solid colors, but this paint scheme is actually pretty interesting. I do not like the color combination all that much though.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It's certainly not the ugliest Challenger I've seen... definitely not a fan of the yellow wheels though :smiledown:

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts