Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

A while back I was asking people for thier opinions on what colour Cuda strobe I should go with. I am close to picking something and I have narrowed down a few choices. Here they are. Please let me know what you think.

Orange

Matte Black with Orange Pin Stripe (I'm starting to like this look)

And for something else:

Orange RT Stripes

Or Terra Cotta RT Stripes

Finally I tried out Purple to see how it would look with the Blackberry.

Dark Purple

Light Purple

Let me know what you all think. In the meantime I ordered some Orange Plastidip for my R/T Badge and thought about doing a Cuda Strobe Mock-Up with it. I'll post pics of that when I can.

Denis

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I think I'd go for the purple AAR stripe with matte black AAR being my second choice. I'm thinking both at times would give you a nice ghost stripe effect depending on lighting etc.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like RunningWithBeers idea ... just flat black. Legendary Motorsports did this on a Cobra (?) on their show and it looked wicked.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
The question I have is would you prefer to have the stripe stand out all the time or would you like it to blend in and occasionally stand out?

If you want it to stand out all the time then the brighter orange looks like it would go well. If you want it to occasionally stand out then the dark purple/matte black would be better options.

In my case I wanted to go with the AAR styling so I went matte black which is in high contrast with my red but in the right lighting the stripe almost looks silver. So occasionally it'd really jump out from a "black" car.

Take it easy
Jay

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Don't like the orange in any combo at all...a real dark purple or a ghost stripe would look pretty cool though. Blackberry is a tough color to do a stripe on IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The matte black with orange pin stripe looks good... or a Matte dark Purple with orange pin stripe
Ya, I'm having a tough time deciding. While I like the Orange RT stripe option I'm leaning more toward the matte black with orange pin stripe. That way if I don't like the orange I can at least leave the black on the car.

I never would have thought of purple and orange. A kind of Joker look.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I have a blackberry with the factory matte strobe striping. I really like the looks of that (you can see some pix of what black looks like in my albums).

http://www.challengerforumz.com/album.php?u=15474

I think either the black or the dark purple is a nice offest. That said, I am not into garish contrast (not criticizing those who do like it, just saying its not for me). Whatever you chose - good luck and post pix for all the rest of us to ogle!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
colors

Im having the same dilemma with mine. I have a metallic silver harsh marks on mine but want to change it up.
I like the blue and the purple RT stripes. The matte black is interesting too but not very noticeable.
Not a fan of the orange but the pinstripe looks ok.
Where are you getting them from? I used motor ink and they are inexpensive. Please post where you get them from.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
mine came with the matte black RT stripe. it was subtle. looked real good on the blackberry pearl. but then most people thought the car was black....including the dealership that has it on their used car lot. :(

there was another member here that did the silver and it looked pretty good. take a peak in the Blackberry Pearl pictures thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts