Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been thinking of unloading my 2011 R/T. I see prices all over the board...what can I expect to get for this car? 24k miles, 20" wheels, cloth int, no NAV, really clean & Toxic orange 6 sp.

I have seen a few on ebay, and craigslist..plus, a few local dealers.

What do you guys think? Ballpark price is fine.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
The price will fluctuate based upon where you live and how impacted the market in your area is for Challengers. Go to cargurus.com and build out an ad for a private sale, just don't publish it. What I love about this site is that after you create the ad, cargurus will give you the FMV (fair market value) of what identical make/model cars are selling for based upon your location by both private sellers and dealers. It even has a sliding value bar that allows you to adjust price on your car to make it anywhere from a fair value to a good value to a very good value. After you determine the private party FMV of your vehicle, deduct up to 15-25% off that price to help determine what a dealer will likely offer you for the trade-in value.

I sold my 2008 Honda Accord sedan as a private party after I bought my Challenger last year. The Dodge dealership I bought my Challenger from only offered $11000 while CarMax offered much less. The cargurus FMV value of my car was $15800 at the time. I listed it for $14700 to rate it as a very good value on cargurus and to leave myself negotiating wiggle room. I ended up selling it for $13700.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dealerships here always go by "market value" based upon what the cars can be bought for at auction, which is always lower than KBB and NADA.

Edmunds.com will give you what they call "true market value" which I have found to be closer to real life expectations.

Having said that, cheapest R/T I saw when I was shopping was a 2010 model with 25,000 miles or so on it, 20" wheels, TorRed color, leather interior for $23,995. It sold via phone before I got to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have an 11 RT Plus 11k miles moonroof and leather Auto.
Car is in showroom condition. Best trade in price i was offered
was 22,775. Funny thing is that Dodge offered me the lowest price 21k. You would think they would try to keep me as a customer. Really disappointed with Dodge, actually looking at other brands, anyway I can probably sell it on my own for 25k but I would lose the tax break of trading it in. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
If you can, sell your R/T privately.....you'll get hosed on a trade-in. I did a quick search on cars.com and came up with a couple R/T's similar to yours....these are dealer prices. If you sell privately, you will want to list at 3-5% below avg. dealer prices, which is still well above what you would get on a trade-in. Looks like you could get around $25,500-$26K if you sold privately. To sell it quick list at $25K.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20012&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20012&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
If you can, sell your R/T privately.....you'll get hosed on a trade-in. I did a quick search on cars.com and came up with a couple R/T's similar to yours....these are dealer prices. If you sell privately, you will want to list at 3-5% below avg. dealer prices, which is still well above what you would get on a trade-in. Looks like you could get around $25,500-$26K if you sold privately. To sell it quick list at $25K.

Susie, you are right on the numbers! I ran a listing estimate based upon what Chuck put in as a description of his Challenger and this is what it came up with

Instant Market Value: $27,157

Dealer Trade-In Estimate: $21,551

Best Deal in your area (62226): $25,134 based on 39 listings
Price Estimator

Great Deal
Recommended Listing Price: $24,728
Search Rank: 2 out of 35
Buyers save: $2,429

1 - 9 of 9 Posts