Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help determining where to tap into a vacuum line. I got some exhaust cutouts welded in but the place wouldn't install the rest of the kit, so I need to find out which line to tap into for the vacuum solenoid valve. I've read too many things that have been very misinforming and I just want to get it right, thanks.

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T

I can send pictures if necessary.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,047 Posts
Isn't there a fitting on the back of the intake for the power brakes? I would be careful there though as you would not want a leak in that line.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,047 Posts
Sorry I can't help with an answer, but all the exhaust cut-outs I've read about were electrically operated and nothing regarding installation of any vacuum solenoids. .????????
they make them so they only open at full throttle, they also make a set that opens with boost. ProFlow or something like that. I am getting the electric ones as I plan on them being open 24-7, just like my local Dunkin Donuts.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,034 Posts
I believe OST Dyno uses QTP, that is what they are putting on mine. I hope they make my long tube headers sound badass!!!
It's open, like having no exhaust!

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,404 Posts
they make them so they only open at full throttle, they also make a set that opens with boost. ProFlow or something like that. I am getting the electric ones as I plan on them being open 24-7, just like my local Dunkin Donuts.
Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it okay to T into the hose coming off the intake? I read it may affect it negatively if I do that, does this line provide a vacuum?

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if this vacuum pump works I can skip the wiring and hosing from the front of the car to my exhaust by mounting this in the spare tire well where my battery and fuse box is. I can tuck everything away in case they check my hood and wonder what all the blue vacuum lines are.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,229 Posts
oh I see I apologize, there was just no context to it I can see how I could make this work much easier without having to cut any lines, thanks old guy
He’s also a very smart guy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts