Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I will not say the name of the vendor because mainly many do it , They take advantage of Mopar owners by over pricing the Mopar branded items for whatever reason :smiledown::smiledown:

Seems they think many of us a uninformed and have to order from them , When many items they sell and charge shipping on can be ordered from local dealer with no freight or cheaper from other Real Mopar sites .

Now If you didnt know for many Mopar branded items you can order Direct from
WearMopar .

I was looking at what was new and simple little Air freshener on "Wear Mopar "
site 9.99 for a pack of 10 and this vendor wants to sell to everyone at $8.88 for one :3-smoke: Now I have no problem with a vendor making money and support them BUT raping Mopar Customers that they say they cater too is another story :SHOCKED:
As always buyer beware but just because that vendor caters to Mopar dont mean they offer the best deal.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
That's what I tell everyone, the internet is your friend use it. Another thing to watch for is shipping, there is one well known vendor with decent prices but makes money on extremely high shipping cost.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I tell everyone, the internet is your friend use it. Another thing to watch for is shipping, there is one well known vendor with decent prices but makes money on extremely high shipping cost.
Exactly thats why when I did Parts I would rather sell 5 of something and make 20% the 1 at 50% or in this case 100 plus .

·
Registered
584 Posts
You've helped me out before. I actually stopped using a vendor on the site here because they over charge for their parts. I can usually find the same parts looking around for about a minute at 15% - 30% less.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That's what I tell everyone, the internet is your friend use it.
X2!!!

It's much easier to shop around for deals these days, instead of going from store to store to find the best deal that could take forever... all it takes is 15-20 minutes doing simple online searches for the best deal. Why not do it?!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Google the part name or SKU # + lowest prices always returns to me the best results. On eBay, I always sort by lowest price + shipping and always select a US seller.

I have bought from vendors here on the Z, and I don't mind shouting them out by name (in a positive way) for decent pricing. AutoAnything, Billet Tech, and Speedlogix.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i do shop around before i buy anything for my car. the best i have found from the supporting vendors here is autoanything. if they don't have what i want i find it from other non supporting vendors. they are cheaper and free shipping can save you alot.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have to add Amazon especially when I was stationed in Hawaii.
one such part was Gorilla lugs vendor 68.00 (ish not looking it back up) but get part Number from Gorilla site and on Amazon 28 bucks and free shipping.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Buyer Beware!!!
Anyone that would pay $8.88 for a single paper air freshener deserves to be ripped off!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
I so want to just explode all over this thread....but I'm still holding out for a little luck on my side....as I've mentioned before...I'm a brute for punishment.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
in fairness, I'm going to give them one last chance to step up....if that happens to fail, I'm gonna go postal. Not a threat by any means...I just like to give people the opportunity to do what's right....and after 4+ months...I think that's much more than what others would do!

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I am always about getting the best deal, I work hard for my money and I won't spend more just because.. I have good friends that are vendors and have their own speed shops, but I don't always order from them.. It's something they have come to understand.. I ordered my Hotchkis Sways for example from Amazon, $418 to my door.. I won't tell you what others were charging..

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree on the outrageous shipping costs from one well known vendor here. I stopped using them after I made sure that's what they were doing. Guess I couldn't believe that they would do that.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I made the mistake of ordering from a supporting vendor that charged me whatever it was for shipping then when I finally got the package I looked at the shipping cost and it was half of what they charged me. Pretty cheesy !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.