Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing first i just thought i would put out a honest review, so i don't really care if you're old school or not. I was curious about this product so i decided to buy them and try them out with a self install. Reviews are hard to come by for this so i thought i would share mine here.

PRICE- 6/10

Dont pay the first price you find, if you dig you can find them for around 800-900 dollars. They are very easy to find for 1,400-1,600.

SHIPPING- 8/10

They should ship for free so you can't complain to much. Only downfall is there made to order, so expect about 10days before they ship out. (even when you buy them from another site like Amazon)

DURABILITY- 9/10

I was worried about this at first but when i opened the box, to my suprise, they are built very strong (but heavy). Not made with cheapo metal. There should be no worries in bending/breaking these unless you pull your door open extreamly rough. Only reason they dont get a 10/10 because i dont like that it does a little bounce when you let the door up/down (not a bending bounce, just a normal one as if you where to open you door all the way)

CUSTOMER SERVICE- 1/10

I'm in Germany (stationed) so it's kind of a pain for them to ship it to me. I called the company and they attempted to help because i was a serious customer, but once the sales rep realized it was going to take some figuring out he told me he would have to get back with me......never herd from them again, not even when i emailed back to check up. So i bought it on amazon (i mistakenly thought they may have had them in stock). Long story short, they sent me the kit with the wrong amount of pressure in the shocks so the doors wont stay open. I can't get them to responed nor did they responed to the company from Amazon... Wait, i lied. I recieved one email after my 2nd attempt to contact them and they ask for my info and said i would recieve a call that same day. Never herd back from them.

INSTRUCTIONS 2/10

The instructions had pictures and a few small tips but overall weren't in detail by anymeans. This is not a job for the weak! You have to dig around and find every screw holding the fenders and bumper on, maybe you can find a better way but thats how i had to do it. Instructions do not help you with this. They also have a picture of the vertical doors installed and the instructions say install vertical doors as seen in picture.

PICTURES-

Will be coming as soon as if i can ever get them to respond and send me the proper shocks, no point right now when the doors wont stay open. I will have to re-enstall anyways, so i can post a few of install process.

OVERALL- 5/10

Just for look wise (if your into it) then they might be for you. As for me, i would never buy them again mostly because of customer service. I'm a firm believer of backing your product and supporting the customers that are willing to pay for your goods. If you can't do that then i dont care how good you think your product is, it's worthless to the consumer without support when/if needed. That and i dont want to have to install them again, lol. Besides that, there's a lot of other good products out there that you could get for the $900. Again, if this is what you like tho then this is probably the best type of vertical/lambo doors out there right now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i got them for my mustang in 2008 and they were the worst thing i could do to my car always had to get them calibrated never lined up with the door in cold and hot weather and just a pain in the butt

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
I'm not a fan, and I know for fact that after this past weekend, MoparX2 is not either!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question for you.. What did you do with the trim thats between the door and the fender? Thats the only part i still haven't got to. Since the door open out insted of inside the fender the trim hangs over, did you cut it or keep adjusting it and eventually it fit? Since im waiting for the replacement shocks i havent bothered to atempt anything yet

·
Registered
142 Posts
That looks pretty freakin cool man!:smileup: I did not expect the car to look that good with that type of door.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks bad ass! as long as you like it that is all that matters.

·
Premium Member
12,524 Posts
My hat is off to you brother.... I thought I was doing something when I drilled holes in my hood. This was all the rage when I was over on the Charger Forum back in 08-12. I am not a fan but I would still like to give you props for doing this.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
That looks much better than I thought it would too, well done. It's obvious you really care about your car and didn't go into it half cocked. Must be kind of nice in a parking lot situation. I've heard the process is not reversible, is that true?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wanted to do this to my shaker but heard the shocks get worn out over a short time because the doors are so heavy. Is this true?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts