Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was out driving the Challenger around for one of the very few times I have had the opportunity since buying it.

I went to a drive-thru for lunch. When I got to the order remote box this female voice comes over and says, "Oh my God I love your car, can I take your order?" I said thank you and placed my order.

When I get to the window I about fell over dead. There stood a 18 yr old African-American girl who was freaking out. Her 1st comment was Purple was her favorite color. So I figured OK, she's a typical girl that age only interested in colors. She then went on to ask, I see that has the 392 in it how does it run? I said good, thank you. I must have been looking at her like she had three heads when she said, "Oh my dad loves these cars. Loves the old ones too. That's why I love them and how I know so much about them. Cuda's are actually my favorite!" I'm like, well your dad sounds pretty cool and Cuda's are my favorite e-body too. Told her about my 70 Roadrunner and her eyes got as big as saucers. So we talked a little more about old Mopar's until another customer pulled up. She really knew her stuff. Her dad must have really taught her well.

So as I am getting ready to leave she tells me anytime you drive one of those cars to the drive-thru and I am working I will give you a free drink because she very rarely actually gets to see any up close.

I have owned Mopar muscle my whole life and never have I met a young African-American woman who had any interest in them at all much less was like an encyclopedia on the subject. Freeeaaaky!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You weren't in Foley, AL were you? I had almost the exact same experience at a Krystals there. The description of the girl was exactly the same. She told me how much she loved my car and liked the classic option because it looked old school. Then she gave me fries for free because my car was "bad ass"

·
12,989 Posts
That's a nice story!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You weren't in Foley, AL were you? I had almost the exact same experience at a Krystals there. The description of the girl was exactly the same. She told me how much she loved my car and liked the classic option because it looked old school. Then she gave me fries for free because my car was "bad ass"
No, I was in Florence, Kentucky.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
That is a great story, I have had many high school girls admire my car! This car just attracts the girls!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,606 Posts
Very cool story, there are some young people out there that are car savoy but not many. Yes these cars do get good reactions at drive thrus I know I have gotten many.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,481 Posts
That was a Great Story!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Cool Story.....see, there are a few girls out there who know a little about cars!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Cool story guys especially with the youngsters knowing about them. I only run into the young girls that want to lay across my hood so their boyfriends can take a picture.......you know that ain't happening!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
That's definitely a cool story. Surprises the heck out of us guys when the ladies know a ton about cars, doesn't it? My mom was one of them, and whenever she would take her Cadilac in for service she would stand around and observe what they were doing. Whenever they would try to pull the wool over her eyes, she would shock the crap out of them with her knowledge. Mom had some cool cars in her time too: '55 red Eldorado Caddy conv. with yes..dual quads, '55 torquois T-bird, then a white '61 T-bird (which I learned to drive in), and then a midnight blue '64 Grand Prix. We all of course wish she would have kept the 55 Bird.
Anyway, yeah it's very cool when the ladies know their cars !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts