Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6898 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread to share any pictures of life lived pre 1985 that you like or you think others will enjoy. The idea comes from another site which has a thread call Vintage shots of days gone by! It has 40,939 replies with 8,118,088 views. It really is a great collection of images.

I think it would be neat to see what you come up with. It can be anything from ads to icons, people or places. Have fun with it. Here are some pictures I think are interesting.

early LA,

Van Nyes

Heat wave New York 1950's

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great link and photos. The problem is the photos seem like only a few years ago to me. Maybe I am getting to be vintage also. Do not feel like I am vintange though.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great link and photos. The problem is the photos seem like only a few years ago to me. Maybe I am getting to be vintage also. Do not feel like I am vintange though.
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing when I said pre 1985. Then I realized that a lot of members on this board are post 1985. :)

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmmm....this hasn't worked out the way I thought.

I guess I am trying to get us to take a moment to look backwards. It’s amazing to look at the faces of people that lived so many years ago. Look at their smiles and their tears.
Look back at the things we did well and the things we did not do so well.
Rediscover what was normal for the times. It’s your history and it’s what made you what you are now. Acknowledge the people and moments in these images. One day, sooner than later, that's all that will be left of us. Nameless figures in a photograph.

It’s not good to live in the past but its worse to ignore it.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing when I said pre 1985. Then I realized that a lot of members on this board are post 1985. :)
i've enjoyed the thread, but i fall into this era. i was born in 1984, so unless you want to see my newborn pics i don't have much to ad :gy:

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The old Los Angeles pictures are cool, and weird to see such a blue sky. As a 70s/80s kid that grew up in LA I don't remember ever seeing the sky like that.
Here are somemore Los Angeles pics for you!

Late 20's 4th and Hill

From city hall 1952

1 - 20 of 6898 Posts