Dodge Challenger Forum banner

6861 - 6880 of 6898 Posts

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Some of my 70’s & 80’s
I’m replying to my own post....My sister is putting together a family album of family pics past and present. She sent me this pic Last night. So why am I replying to my own post? It has to do with the can of aqua-net. Some of you met me on the Skyline drive this yr. so they know what I look like @ age 53. Can any of you pick me out at age 25.
hahaha..Be nice....

D250A2FD-2EA3-4D0A-B1E8-DE68F4076C84.jpeg
@ age 53...can you pick me out when I was 25?

·
Business
18,844 Posts
I’m replying to my own post....My sister is putting together a family album of family pics past and present. She sent me this pic Last night. So why am I replying to my own post? It has to do with the can of aqua-net. Some of you met me on the Skyline drive this yr. so they know what I look like @ age 53. Can any of you pick me out at age 25.
hahaha..Be nice....

View attachment 240308 @ age 53...can you pick me out when I was 25?
Middle White Shirt!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,227 Posts
That is what I would guess and I never met you in person. Same as Jeff.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,227 Posts

·
Now that was dumb!
5,990 Posts
Colorized photo of a worker standing on the Golden Gate bridge in 1935.

View attachment 240427

I've seen Ironworkers do some unbelievable work. They were always working on the furnace when it was running in some area. And were all over the place when the furnace was down for a reline/rebuild. They'd ask me while we were operating "what time are you going to drill up?" I'd tell them and they'd come into the mudgun room to watch me drill the tap hole open. When I finally got the hole open a huge gush of gases, fire, smoke and sparks would literally launch itself from the taphole. then I'd go outside to check the taphole in all that stuff with my arm bent across my face where the inside of my elbow would cover my nose and the bottom of my face. They called us nutz. I also watched them, 4 of them walk out on two I-Beams about 40 feet long around 300 feet off the ground. We were setting the top crane (25-ton capacity) which had rails on it so the crane could travel out and in. Now...here are the four of them, standing on top of these beams and rails, waiting for this huge trolly to be placed using a Helicopter. The Trolley had ropes on all four corners. Working with a Helicopter with the wash of the props blowing down on them. Each of them grabbed their rope and helped guide the Trolley down onto the rails. Imagine the skill that they and the Helicopter Pilot had. Amazing. 300 feet in the Air! They did it professionally and safely. I was worried the whole time during the process. The last thing I wanted to see is someone fall. I also..this is really impressive, watched an Iron Worker approximately 6' 7" walk up an incline beam that the skips traveled up the furnace full of raw materials. This was about 50 feet higher than where the Crane was placed. The incline was on a 75-degree angle. This Iron Worker also had a 20lbs. Sledgehammer, full length in his back pocket! He climbed on top of the I-Beam at about 30 feet above the ground, bent over, placed his hands around the edges of the top of the beam, and climbed all the way up using his feet and his hands! We had a mutual admiration society. We thought they were nutz, and they thought they were nutz. They wanted nothing to do with the Furnace, and we wanted nothing to do climbing that high and working! We always met at The Golden Stallion after work and had a few, er maybe more than a few Beers together.

These things are what make our country great. The few that do something the majority fear to protect and build our country.

6861 - 6880 of 6898 Posts