Dodge Challenger Forum banner

6981 - 7000 of 7070 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
Began the BIG job of cleaning my basement. This year I am not only cleaning, but throwing away a lot of stuff. Truthfully, I didn't realize it was that cluttered. Kind of hit me all at once! One thing I always do once a year is turn on the 1949 Philco. Always pray it still works. I plugged it in, cleaned it up a little, turned on the on/off knob, and waited. That warm up period is always anxious for me. IT WORKED!!! Played a nice new country western station for about an hour. I am still in awe that those tubes work!!!

Today:

74351.jpg

I listened to the Lone Ranger on this, my parents danced to Lawrence Welk, and later when my sister was in high school, she listened to KOMA out of Oklahoma City. They only came on at night, and had all the top rock n roll in the early 60's!

·
Registered
981 Posts
My friends had old Zenith shortwave radios built into their furniture and it was those two radios, one in the living room, and one in the parent's bedroom, that got me hooked on SW. I heard my first Radio Moscow BS news on those radios. I asked them to save me the one that still worked when they remodeled, but they forgot and junked them. They were similar to this one, but built into a room divider and an odd bedside table:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Station.png

Store.png

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
The 1969 Dodge Challenger Yellow Jacket Concept Car... was created to test the waters for a two-seater that would compete with the Corvette and similar sports cars. You can see similarities in the grille and tail lights in what would eventually be the '71 Challenger.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Definitely not what I will be watching today. Never cared about football, it's boring unless I have money on it, and even more boring is basketball, nothing will help that. I guess I should turn in my man card, as sports never much interested me.

Only sport I really care about is Drag Racing, and the NHRA seems to be trying to get me to not like it anymore. The nitro cars still pull me in though.

6981 - 7000 of 7070 Posts