Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Done a few searches and got some info, But I wanted to know if any of you have done your own Vinyl wrap on the front slip using just rolls of vinyl. I live in an area that is real buggy, and want to do something to protect my front end. I like the 3m matte vinyl, but not sure how tough it would be with the curves. Any first hand knowledge of doing this wrap without a kit? I mean something like this... it is just a bad paint edit, but something similair. I suppose I could try and plasti dip it, but That tends to have a grabby texture, and would be hard to clean all the dirt and bugs off.

Attachments

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
There is a new plastip product called Dip Coat. It hardens the surface of the dip and makes it chip/scratch resistant and also slick so easier to clean. I would not use any bug and tar remover on it though as it will probably eat right through the dip itself. This has happened to me in the past.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Coat-Spray.html

With all the curves of the front end I think it would be much easier to tape it off and spray with dip and try to vinyl it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. Gonna have to look into the dip coat. I was thinking that the vinyl would be a PITA too. Thanks for the info.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
When I had my vinyl done I was there during the process. I think the nose wouldn't be too bad with some trial and error but you'd need adhesive promoter to keep it from rolling up plus vinyl cutting tape to get clean cut lines without needing to use an exacto knife for cuts. I've been happy with vinyl but of the two I'd guess dip would be easier.

Here's a shot from when my hood was about 75% done. The hood was by far the hardest part the nose fenders and doors were maybe 50 mins once the hood was done.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts