Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Maybe they are waiting on a more powerful engine to be ready to drop into the Viper? I also noticed they said $60,000 Hellcat in the article, that would certainly be good news if true but I'm not sure they will come out priced that low.

·
Premium Member
21,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe they are waiting on a more powerful engine to be ready to drop into the Viper? I also noticed they said $60,000 Hellcat in the article, that would certainly be good news if true but I'm not sure they will come out priced that low.
If that figure is close add about $10 to $12K FOR DEALER MARK UP.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I think adding twin turbos to the Viper would certainly increase it's sales, especially if they don't raise its pricetag. 800+ hp would be sweet on the Viper. :smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
That Hellcat is really tempting me.LOL

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
$60k plus another 10 or so for dealer markup? I'm gonna start asking people at work if they need their lawns mowed, for around a grand a pop lol :hah:

Or maybe I can just find me a sugar momma that wants to put her fine young beau in a beast of a car. Hot damn this car has me beside myself. I cat wait to see one on the road, I'll become a gawker myself! :smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,476 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
Spending the money to buy the car is only part of the equation. Just wondering what the insurance would cost? Taxes? Hmmm......it will be interesting.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Spending the money to buy the car is only part of the equation. Just wondering what the insurance would cost? Taxes? Hmmm......it will be interesting.
I think thats one of the problems with the Viper, the insurance....those hoods are big bucks, like the most expensive hood out there, might be enough to scare people away.

If the Hellcat is around 65-70,000 in the States I fear that up here in Taxalot it will be around 80-90,000! for that money all kinds of nice cars open up as options...none of which I unfortuantly can afford.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
If that figure is close add about $10 to $12K FOR DEALER MARK UP.
When they said 60k that means $69,999.99..............
Well I just saw from someone that has been reliable in the past that the base price would be $59,990. I'm sure if that's true we will be seeing that number thrown around a lot more shortly. That is certainly less than what many have been predicting.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Well I just saw from someone that has been reliable in the past that the base price would be $59,990. I'm sure if that's true we will be seeing that number thrown around a lot more shortly. That is certainly less than what many have been predicting.
IF..this price is correct...and IF the car can be had without a minimum of 8K worth of options in the first year...and IF dealer mark-up isn't ridiculous....then the out the door price with a 10K down payment may be under a grand a month. I'm thinking another 400 insurance and there you have it. Completly out of reach of anyone in my position....LOL:doh:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
IF..this price is correct...and IF the car can be had without a minimum of 8K worth of options in the first year...and IF dealer mark-up isn't ridiculous....then the out the door price with a 10K down payment may be under a grand a month. I'm thinking another 400 insurance and there you have it. Completly out of reach of anyone in my position....LOL:doh:
Oh come on now Dan if they give you 50K for your trade it will be downright affordable LOL. :smileup: I hear our cars appreciate in value, yeah that's the ticket LOL.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Viper production has always been very low every year. I'm not sure if the Viper is a money maker for Chrysler or Chrysler keeps producing it at a loss for the value of its image to the company.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
At first when the Hellcat performance went public I was excited. I still am don't get me wrong. But I can't help but to go back to 1971 & 72. The years that the muscle cars started dropping performance, horse power.

The insurance industry along with the environmentalists and the shortage of oil :i_rolleyes: suddenly slammed into the performance car market. No more muscle was the result. At that time the most HP one could buy to drive was around 425 HP. Now....707HP. Challengers went to 360 cu.in, and the HP on the 350 and other engines were castrated.

707 street able HP is a lot. I love it. I'm just not sure the majority does.

I guess we will see. I hope they see it our way. At least at this time in History our Senators, Congressman and President can't agree on anything.
In that case I think we will be fine.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
At first when the Hellcat performance went public I was excited. I still am don't get me wrong. But I can't help but to go back to 1971 & 72. The years that the muscle cars started dropping performance, horse power.

The insurance industry along with the environmentalists and the shortage of oil :i_rolleyes: suddenly slammed into the performance car market. No more muscle was the result. At that time the most HP one could buy to drive was around 425 HP. Now....707HP. Challengers went to 360 cu.in, and the HP on the 350 and other engines were castrated.

707 street able HP is a lot. I love it. I'm just not sure the majority does.

I guess we will see. I hope they see it our way. At least at this time in History our Senators, Congressman and President can't agree on anything.
In that case I think we will be fine.
The sad thing may be with CAFE requirements increasing we may lose the affordable intermediate muscle cars while still retaining the high end. Those expense cars will be few in number so car companies can still sell them and get all the press and notoriety while having little effect on the overall CAFE numbers. The Hemi V8's in the R/T I think will be a different story, base R/T may become a six or gasp a 4 cylinder at some point. That's why I say get them while you can people, it may be a while before we see another muscle car hey day quite like this. :smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
I think everyone should make the best on what seems to be the last hurrah of the current muscle car era, things are surely to go down hill real fast when this CAFE stuff kicks in.:smiledown:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
The sad thing may be with CAFE requirements increasing we may lose the affordable intermediate muscle cars while still retaining the high end. Those expense cars will be few in number so car companies can still sell them and get all the press and notoriety while having little effect on the overall CAFE numbers. The Hemi V8's in the R/T I think will be a different story, base R/T may become a six or gasp a 4 cylinder at some point. That's why I say get them while you can people, it may be a while before we see another muscle car hey day quite like this. :smileup:
I totally agree. So all you Challenger owners, drive those beasts!!! Never know how tomorrow will pan out. Sometimes I think, gee maybe I shouldn't take another road trip. Then something happens to someone I know and they aren't able to drive anymore, or they have a health problem. With the government working against us, we need to enjoy this great time for muscle cars!!

Reactions: friendoffur

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I think everyone should make the best on what seems to be the last hurrah of the current muscle car era, things are surely to go down hill real fast when this CAFE stuff kicks in.:smiledown:
I completely agree!! I've felt for a while that we are witnessing the last hurrah of the 'second coming' of the muscle car era as we know it...i.e. V8 engines with high HP and lower than CAFE standard MPG.
I'm sure the future will bring riced up turbo 4 & 6 bangers making good HP numbers while still conforming to MPG requirements. If that's all that's available to the HP hungry public I guess they'll have to accept it or buy a 'used' muscle car and do some work.....hmmm, reminds me of 1981 all over again........:i_rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts