Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently changed the stock exhaust on my dodge challenger scat pack to a corsa exhaust system. i drove it to the muffler shop after removing the whole exhaust system up to the xpipe but i noticed my check engine light came on for codes u1140 and u113f. if i take it to the dealership to get checked out will they not even bother and say i voided my warranty????

·
Dazed & Confused
35,479 Posts
Well you voided the exhaust part of your warranty by replacing the original for aftermarket. I'm guessing those codes are dealing with the missing valves (I'm assuming they were removed).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you voided the exhaust part of your warranty by replacing the original for aftermarket. I'm guessing those codes are dealing with the missing valves (I'm assuming they were removed).
No i kept that piece from the factory exhaust on. For the corsa exhaust you have to cut them out and use them.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
My experience with dealers is they will do everything to not honor a warranty repair if possible. Wish you the best of luck on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
So i recently changed the stock exhaust on my dodge challenger scat pack to a corsa exhaust system. i drove it to the muffler shop after removing the whole exhaust system up to the xpipe but i noticed my check engine light came on for codes u1140 and u113f. if i take it to the dealership to get checked out will they not even bother and say i voided my warranty????
Those codes are for the now missing exhaust actuators. The dealer will NOT fix them under warranty (and why should he?) since you had the actuators removed.

No i kept that piece from the factory exhaust on. For the corsa exhaust you have to cut them out and use them.
Umm...if you knew you had to use them, and you suddenly threw two codes when you didn't use them, I think you might have found your solution.

My experience with dealers is they will do everything to not honor a warranty repair if possible. Wish you the best of luck on this one.
There's nothing for the dealer to "honor". The owner removed the exhaust actuators, thus generating the codes; it's all on the car owner, as it should be.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I'm wondering if on the 2019s, Dodge has added more sensitivity to its computer programming, making user aftermarket changes to the stock setup red flag easier.

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Car should never have been driven to muffler shop with components missing/removed. Have exhaust installed, then pay someone to clear codes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My brother has worked in the car dealership business for fifteen years and told me this AS I was in the process of buying my 2016 challenger rt. You can discuss before paperwork begins of course but there are some aftermarket mods that warranty companies will accept and still honor the warranty but those mods HAVE to be included in that warranty paperwork or else you will catch hell from a dealership getting them to honor the warranty. They'll bend over backwards to try and prove your mod/s were the cause of the issue and then stick you with the bill.

So for anyone out there who is looking at getting a challenger or trading your current ride in for a challenger and you know you'll want to do some aftermarket modifications to it MAKE SURE that the warranty provider will cover those mods.

Most of the time, from what my brother has told me, these warranties will cover the entire exhaust system and CAI swaps as long as the mods use the factory sensor plugs. The exhaust system is the ENTIRE exhaust system from the exhaust manifolds back to the mufflers.

The warranty on my car, which was through PAL covered up to long-tube headers and any other exhaust system that was street legal. Keep in mind that I'm from southwest Georgia and we don't have ANY kind of driving inspections on our vehicles down here.

Get it in writing in your warranty and thank me when we meet with a cup of coffee or if the sun is past the yard owl, a cold brew.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts