Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
On the other hand, if you bring the car with rods hanging out of the block and a nitrous bottle in the trunk, that will probably put up a red flag right from the start.

__________________[/QUOTE]

Good information, How about guns,beer and whiskey bottles in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bump for new members questions on Warranty laws.

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They are now updated! Thanks for the heads up !:smileup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Does the 180 T Stat void my warranty? I thought I read somewhere that if I have problems then I should put the old T Stat back in. I still have all my original parts, but it seems the T Stat would help the engine not hurt it. Maybe it is the emissions thing that is the problem? If I need service would you switch them back?

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Unless your car has a overheating problem or something directly related to that the dealer will not even know you have a different Tstat. The only way they would know is to run it up to a high temp and notice when the fans cut on or look at the temp. Normally these are not things they do in normal service. I've had a 180 Tstat on my 06 300C SRT and now my 09 Challenger SRT and never have the tech's noticed them in 3 years. The lower Tstat is not something that usually will cause a problem. A lot depends on your relationship with your dealer.

Read this about your warranty :

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers.

·
Dodge Challenger Forum
1,669 Posts
My Tech recommended the 180 tstat to me due the extreme heat here in AZ. He even offered to install it. I had already put one in months ago.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Has anyone out there possibly put a list of "Performance Oriented" dealerships and/or service departments together? What are good questions to ask a service department to determine if they fall into that category? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Has anyone out there possibly put a list of "Performance Oriented" dealerships and/or service departments together? What are good questions to ask a service department to determine if they fall into that category? Thanks in advance.

I will send you a PM on that!

·
Registered
35 Posts
70 charger I sent you a pm I would like that info as well thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone have any experience, legal info for warranty issues up in Canada..??

I am just starting out with some minor mods.. Filter, throttle spacer, exhaust....
I really want to take advantage of the potential with a Diablo Predator... but the dealer said the Warranty guys are getting even stickier with any problem / failure that might be related to a mod../ tuner.

Also they said the the Predator will cause fault codes / warnings that they cannot get rid of?? (I'll check out the mod threads for this)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Anyone have any experience, legal info for warranty issues up in Canada..??

I am just starting out with some minor mods.. Filter, throttle spacer, exhaust....
I really want to take advantage of the potential with a Diablo Predator... but the dealer said the Warranty guys are getting even stickier with any problem / failure that might be related to a mod../ tuner.

Also they said the the Predator will cause fault codes / warnings that they cannot get rid of?? (I'll check out the mod threads for this)
hey bud, i have yet to hear about the DSP negatively affecting warrantys, but things may be diff where your at. The good thing is with the DSP you can load a tune enjoy it and if for some reason you have to go to the dealer you can load the stock tune back as a "just in case". most people do this in the event they goto a dealer and they reflash your ecu, and if that happens you basically lose your tune and would have to contact diablo to get another. i would say your safe with getting the DSP, just make sure to reload stock tune before going to a dealer. it take only a few minutes to do...hope this helps....:)

and as far as fault codes, if it did throw one you can use the dsp to clear it...:)

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Not true, predator will not cause codes. Someone in that shop is a dumb a$$.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Not true, predator will not cause codes. Someone in that shop is a dumb a$$.

Snake is right, the Predator does not cause codes. Also, there is no way a shop or dealer can tell if the tune was changed, all they can do is reflash it and lose the new tune. Then you just redown load the new tune. Someone is pulling your chain. The only way they can suspect it is if you drive in with a wild cam or a supercharger on the engine.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts