Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
12,973 Posts
Thanks for sharing John.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great bit of information regarding the E15. Makes me wonder a little more about the E5 or E10 that is abundantly available here in Iowa.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,733 Posts
This is bad stuff....was wondering, just with the E10 that most of us use due to ethanol free gas not being conveniently available, does anyone use this regularly with each fill-up?

·
Politically correct.
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is bad stuff....was wondering, just with the E10 that most of us use due to ethanol free gas not being conveniently available, does anyone use this regularly with each fill-up?

I've used it during winter storage but not at each fill-up. If the car sits for awile between fill-ups, it wouldn't be a bad idea. If you go through a tankfull of gas in a week's period, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to use it.

:4-wavey:

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,733 Posts
I've used it during winter storage but not at each fill-up. If the car sits for awile between fill-ups, it wouldn't be a bad idea. If you go through a tankfull of gas in a week's period, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to use it.
Thanks John...I was just wondering after reading the label. Lucas seems to suggest it's a good idea to add it to every tank...of course this is in their best business interest as it would result in more sales. My car gets mostly short trips since I have a work vehicle, so I'm thinking maybe once a month or semi-monthly through the year couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have found a gas station that has ethanol free gas, (just filled up with it) am I right to think its better than the gas with up to 10% ethanol and worth the extra 50 cents a gallon?

·
Politically correct.
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have found a gas station that has ethanol free gas, (just filled up with it) am I right to think its better than the gas with up to 10% ethanol and worth the extra 50 cents a gallon?
It's better for the car but not $.50 more per gallon better. Just my opinion.

:shakehead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think at the current price of gas and the amount I will be driving (not much) @ 2.69 a gallon for ethanol free ill go with that. of course if the prices go back up ill reconsider.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,135 Posts
I am only guessing here, but I would think California doesn't have much pure gas. We get a lot of choice here. Pure gas premium (91), pure gas 85, the ethanol in premium, 89, & 87. There was a short time a few years ago when no one wanted to sell pure premium. Now that has changed. Can find it almost everywhere. I have never put ethanol in my Scat.

Reactions: Bert
1 - 20 of 21 Posts