Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got lucky and drove the Challenger in the warmest city in the USA. That would be Rapid City, SD! What a great day, 70 degrees, no wind and the windows down, just cruisin' and enjoying life! I heard they reopened the golf course up here this week. I also saw some convertibles out, and many classic cars. Amazing day, wish it would have lasted much longer.
I went to deliver a few calendars. One to another Challenger owner who was in a few car shows with my family this summer. Another two calendars went to my dealership. They all loved them! I made sure that one calendar went to the guy who does my oil changes. He takes good care of her. I walked into the dealership after looking at a cool new sublime Challenger that was just unloaded off the truck today. In the showroom there are various little stations for the salesmen. They wanted to look at the calendar. An older guy was looking and very interested in our cars. We got to talking and he said he has a Hellcat coming in next week. Then I figured out it was the dealership owner! He is the only one getting one. He said it will be black. I will be checking it out for sure.

Here are a couple of pics of the sublime challenger. It was an RT/Classic. Then the salesman pointed out the cool little challenger that is located in the front driver side on the windshield! Loved it!!

Attachments

· Premium Member
12,749 Posts
i am glad someone in the cold areas got to get their car out. i am still waiting for a good day foe a bath and a nice drive.... Betty those Are nice pictures.

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, yes it was!!! I went to the local mall and everyone was walking around in shirt sleeves on Dec. 12th! I parked the Challenger way out at the end of the parking lot and here is what was parked next to me when I came out! That was the best looking school bus I have ever seen! It was washed and waxed to perfection, plus being brand spanking new!

Attachments

· Registered
3,183 Posts
Dave, yes it was!!! I went to the local mall and everyone was walking around in shirt sleeves on Dec. 12th! I parked the Challenger way out at the end of the parking lot and here is what was parked next to me when I came out! That was the best looking school bus I have ever seen! It was washed and waxed to perfection, plus being brand spanking new!
It's supposed to 52 and sunny on Sunday and Monday but my Challenger is officially in hybernation mode. However I may pull it out into the driveway. Then I just might take the '55 over to Blue Top and have some lunch. Business has been a little slow for them since the warm cruisin weather has come and gone and I've been trying to support them as much as I can. They're really good guys. They had to let go of most of the car hops for the winter.

I've never seen a front end like that on a school bus...wonder who it's made by.

· Registered
23,118 Posts
You have to enjoy it while you can, because I have a feeling it's not going to last LOL. Cold and snowing today in central PA, hope your weather makes it to PA because I sure could use a warm sunny day.

· Seeing red
14,196 Posts
Glad you had such a great day, Betty. I just think of SD as being locked in by cold 8 months a year. We were in the 60's today and rain/snow is expected tomorrow and we are about 1,000 miles south. That must of been a great feeling!

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
61,399 Posts
Pretty good day I would say Betty. We were in the low 80s yesterday today it is supposed to be raining and a high of 57.

· More Than Just A Car
20,083 Posts
Nice pics!! green with the white strips looks pretty good! Glad your having just nice weather Betty, it's pretty nice here to, most of the snow has melted, in fact it's raining right now!! I don't recall rain in December ever up here.

· Premium Member
17,689 Posts
What a great day Betty!! It's not even officially Winter here yet and I can't remember the last time I saw 40 degrees!!! Love the pictures and yes, the school bus is killer!!!

· Premium Member
38,992 Posts
Betty, sounds like you had a great day out playing Santa with your Challenger! So glad you've got some great weather out there. It's supposed to be in the upper 50's here today and I might just ghetto spend a little quality time with mine!

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha! Yes that school bus looks nothing like the ones I rode as a kid!

I really like the challenger cutout in the windshield. All of you probably already knew about that. I wonder if it is just in the R/T Classics. Dodge really paid a lot of attention to small details in 2015!

2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
32,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you had such a great day, Betty. I just think of SD as being locked in by cold 8 months a year. We were in the 60's today and rain/snow is expected tomorrow and we are about 1,000 miles south. That must of been a great feeling!
It was a great feeling. South Dakota really isn't super cold but about three months of the year. Normal years we have December, January and February as the cold months. Some winters can be longer with November and March being cold too. But we have great weather the other seven months of the year.
Today will hit in the 60's again! Then colder weather is coming with highs in the 30's and 40's for the rest of December.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.