Freudian slip?

• Haha
Reactions: Tony1320

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
"Challengers resemble boats in any way!"
Freudian slip?
For some a Challenger is the same as a boat. They can't stop with the mods. But, the Subaru guys are the worse of the bunch. When they bring the car home, They immediately read on the Sube forums that the factory (insert whatever part here) is all junk and must be replaced with better parts. Then the car mods ends up costing twice as much as what they paid for it. And the engine still burns the #3 piston ring lands. (You gotta know Subaru people to understand that last comment.)
-John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just purchased a new 2021 challenger scat pack 1320. I got the extended warranty and feel I made a mistake. I can cancel it if I have to. Been watching YouTube videos and seems the dealer is refusing work just by plugging in to the computer and seeing if ur racing it or on it hard. Has anyone have issues like this or heard of any? Has anyone used warranty and drive like it’s been built to drive?
very nice

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,109 Posts
Sorry but I don't think that is accurate, why would they make a model called 1320 and put a transbrake in it if they did not expect it to be drag raced.
it is called marketing. Like ads showing trucks/SUVs bashing about in the desert or blasting through snow or dodging trees at high speed in the woods.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
it is called marketing. Like ads showing trucks/SUVs bashing about in the desert or blasting through snow or dodging trees at high speed in the woods.
How about the old Ford lightning commercials showing the truck flying off sand berms 3 feet in the air? RIGHT! Do that twice a week and see how long it takes to totally destroy the truck.
-John

·
Registered
2021 scat pack 1320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I drive tractor trailers and we have a computer that shows everything from hard breaking to high revs and shift points. The company watches everything. The only reason I ask is YouTube showing a lot of guys complaining that dealer trying everything they can to deny warranty. I can’t c how they can tell if I broke my car at the track or at my local street race place. I got the extended warranty 5yr 100k but will cancel it if it’s a waste.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
475 Posts
I drive tractor trailers and we have a computer that shows everything from hard breaking to high revs and shift points. The company watches everything. The only reason I ask is YouTube showing a lot of guys complaining that dealer trying everything they can to deny warranty. I can’t c how they can tell if I broke my car at the track or at my local street race place. I got the extended warranty 5yr 100k but will cancel it if it’s a waste.
GPS and engine/drive train diagnostics. If they know how fast your car is going (I have received speed alerts for my car that I set up via e-mail) they know here your car was when it broke. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,109 Posts
Some years back I worked on the software for OBD2 trip/data loggers. The device had user settable thresholds for low medium and high speed acceleration (and braking) events. It tallied up idle time, time spent above certain speed thresholds. There was a high speed alert. It was not provided but it would have been easy to include alerts for engine RPMs/throttle (or just engine load) vs. coolant temperature. The other device had all this plus GPS so one could know where an alert occurred.

All this data is flying by, in the case of our cars, on the CAN bus. (The data loggers I worked on supported the 4 CAN protocols but also ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230-4 (aka: KWP2000), SAE J1850 VPW, and SAE J1850 PWM. The software specifically requested the desired telemetry every second. The data in a somewhat compressed format was stored in non volatile memory. Even with a modest sized non volatile memory chip hundreds of trip data could be stored and retrieved very quickly when connected to a PC with software which supported the downloading of the data.)

I would be very surprised if Dodge didn't have something similar. Years ago we demo'd this trip/data logger to a major auto maker. From the automakers HQ in Detroit a co-worker was able to access the in vehicle data logger. with the vehicle sitting on a dealer parking lot 2000+ miles away, on the west coast. The demo went very well, but the auto maker never bought the product but I'm sure implemented something similar. And like I like to point out the technology is in the air and all the automakers breathe the same air. So if Brand X has this so too does Brand Y and Z and so on...I have seen some evidence of this with other brands of cars I have owned. At the start of every service it was (and still is) SOP to connect the diagnostic computer to the car's OBD2 port and the computer scans every controller for errors but also to suck out "huge" amount of telemetry which gets routed straight to the factory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone on here have any actual verifiable evidence that Mopar warranty or extended Mopar warranty has ever denied a repair on a Challenger that was completely stock and was using the 0-60 100-1/8 mi-1/4mi apps installed on a Challenger by Mopar? If you do I wish you would put that on this forum and stop all these somebody said. Because if it is true I will be selling mine because that's why I bought it.

·
Registered
2021 scat pack 1320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
go to Youtube. I watched a few warranty refusels. one guy was refused because they said he was driving it to hard and doing donuts. If i can find it i pill post it

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Watch the 2nd one to the end he has more videos of this going to the dealer. They saying its data thats refusing his warranty.
The door panel is absolutely my experience. I was told at 16000 miles when I had to replace the front control arms because my car was so far out of line it couldn't be aligned that it was normal wear and tear so I had to fork out 500 to have a basically new car aligned so I could drive it. That session is on the forum.

Both videos are very informative thank you Dandydog1.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
years back, i had a good friend who purchased a gtr. one of the first in n.y.c. he loved that car and loved showing the launch control to anybody who would sit in his car. he got a phone call 3 weeks later saying that his cars warranty would be canceled. when he asked why, he was told because of all of his launches. so he sued. he sued because that was what he purchased the car and because all the ads showed this all the magazine were sprouting how quick it was, blah blah blah. so, i can believe that there is something logging in the amt of times we do burnouts, how fast we have gone, etc. heck, it shows us on the dash what our last 0-60 times were. and they don't want us doing that? they just announced they were looking for chief doughnut maker to do just that.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Just a regular Scat pack Challenger has the ability to sit in a driveway and have the operator slam the engine into the rev limiter until the engine explodes. After all, the rev limiter is there to "protect" the engine. Anyone really think warranty will be covered? RIGHT!
-John

·
Registered
19 Posts
years back, i had a good friend who purchased a gtr. one of the first in n.y.c. he loved that car and loved showing the launch control to anybody who would sit in his car. he got a phone call 3 weeks later saying that his cars warranty would be canceled. when he asked why, he was told because of all of his launches. so he sued. he sued because that was what he purchased the car and because all the ads showed this all the magazine were sprouting how quick it was, blah blah blah. so, i can believe that there is something logging in the amt of times we do burnouts, how fast we have gone, etc. heck, it shows us on the dash what our last 0-60 times were. and they don't want us doing that? they just announced they were looking for chief doughnut maker to do just that.
Don't leave us hanging what was the result of the lawsuit?

·
Registered
408 Posts
My car gets a monthly "health report" e mailed to me from Dodge by VIN.
It hasn't been back to the dealer since purchase.
I'm sure others get it too.
It tells me my current tire pressure and oil life remaining.
Who knows what else they can monitor. Don't kid yourself, they're monitoring every startup.
They can keep an eye on us from afar, with even without taking the car to a dealer.
So, if you change your own oil by mileage, and don't reset the reminder, will that void your warranty if the recommended miles are exceeded in the computer, but not in real life?
Sure I keep a record, but what court's gonna believe scribble in a notebook.
Gettin' to be a slippery slope for sure.
If you get it preowned, there is no monitering. I dont get a report and i got mine from a Dodge dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Don't leave us hanging what was the result of the lawsuit?
oh, i am sorry. old age. he won out of court. nissan threw him a bunch of money, an nda, etc etc etc. but a year later, there were a dozen videos of people with the same problem. they also sued, but nissan did not back down, they supposedly monitored the "abuse" on a case by case study. i am waiting for the same thing to happen to stellantis. every commercial shows the challengers and chargers doing huge burnouts. just try and tell me that this wasn't the most important part of creating this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh, i am sorry. old age. he won out of court. nissan threw him a bunch of money, an nda, etc etc etc. but a year later, there were a dozen videos of people with the same problem. they also sued, but nissan did not back down, they supposedly monitored the "abuse" on a case by case study. i am waiting for the same thing to happen to stellantis. every commercial shows the challengers and chargers doing huge burnouts. just try and tell me that this wasn't the most important part of creating this car.
Totally agree and I imagine Mopar feels the more they get people to back down money in their pocket.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts