Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my washer fluid stopped working. Wipers still work normally. No leaks that I can see. Would you suspect the pump is bad? Or is there a fuse for this I could check? I don't have the owners manual. :(

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,916 Posts
Is there fluid in the reservoir?

If low/empty you can fill it with distilled water.

If the right fluid is not used over time the nozzles can plug up. But an outright blockage of washer fluid is usually not the result. The nozzles emit a very weak/misshappen spray or just dribble fluid.

Have a helper operate the washer and you have a hand on the pump or tank to feel for the pump coming on.

If you don't feel this then sure check the fuse. If the fuse is good I believe a tech would then arrange to supply the proper voltage to the pump to see if it ran. If it does, then the problem is at the switch or upstream in the wiring harness.

If the pump doesn't run then the pump is bad.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the reservoir is full, the fuse looks good, so I guess I'm moving on to the pump. Bummer, but at least the pump is cheap. Lately about $650 has been spent on repair and I'm not even at 100k miles yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a pump for $13 off Rock Auto and it fixed the issue quickly. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts