Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washington Island Ferry is at the end of Door County WI.

Has anyone here driven your Challenger Scat Pack on and off a ferry?

If so how did it go?

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
i haven't had a chance to take my scatpack onto a ferry, but, i remember taking the staten island ferry in my corvette. it was modded and lowered with wide tires. and i wil say that it was interesting trying to steer on that slick surface. i was lucky that i was first on because it took forever getting on and off because i was trying to keep from scraping and i needed a huge amount of room in front of me because the vette wanted to go where it wanted to go. what is your worry?

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Break over is my main concern. But also the front splitter. It seams to scrape on everything. I put ZL1 splitter guards on it, and have the side skirts, that take about another 3/4" out of ground clearance

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
drive slowly, don't know how much of a break angle there is, but the one for the staten island ferry from waaaaaaaaaaaay back was steep when you either left or were entering manhattan. the state island side was almost level

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drive slowly, don't know how much of a break angle there is, but the one for the staten island ferry from waaaaaaaaaaaay back was steep when you either left or were entering manhattan. the state island side was almost level
Yeah, Last time I was on the Staten Island ferry was back around 1983, I had Toyota Land Cruiser and it was lost on that ferry, I would bet you could fit 6 or 7 of the Washington Island Ferrys on one of the Staten Island ones LOL. So our little one bounces around if its choppy. I have to see how much I have to bring, might take a chance
Sky Water Boat Watercraft Naval architecture

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Yeah, Last time I was on the Staten Island ferry was back around 1983, I had Toyota Land Cruiser and it was lost on that ferry, I would bet you could fit 6 or 7 of the Washington Island Ferrys on one of the Staten Island ones LOL. So our little one bounces around if its choppy. I have to see how much I have to bring, might take a chance
View attachment 306824
oh, you should be fine. you shouldn't be scraping the chin spoiler.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad we had to much stuff camping gear to stuff in the Challenger, we took the Santa Fe, packed to the gills. I would have never gotten my Challenger on or off the small ferry the break over angle would have left it high and dry the Camery in front of us bottomed out just a little, that was the one we took over. On the way back I wouldn't have had it easy getting it on the bigger one, BUT when we arrived at the port on the way home. They adjusted the dock, so it was almost flat. I'm guessing whoever loads the ferry loads has the ability to adjust the entrance/exit ramp just chose not to

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Maria and just went to Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie late last month, and a super nice Scat Pack drove onto the Ferry without any issues. They do a good job at keeping things pretty even for vehicles to drive on and off. I didn't get to talk to the driver he was one of the first ones on and then off. The winds were high and the lake choppy that day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maria and just went to Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie late last month, and a super nice Scat Pack drove onto the Ferry without any issues. They do a good job at keeping things pretty even for vehicles to drive on and off. I didn't get to talk to the driver he was one of the first ones on and then off. The winds were high and the lake choppy that day.
There was a guy that was giving everyone lip, so he might have been the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts