Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use water wetter in their coolant? If so, does it work? Is it compatible to our type of coolant?

Thanks

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Here is the technical sheet for Redline Water Wetter. http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/910-15709.pdf
It is supposed to be compatible with all antifreeze types. I used the Royal Purple version(Purple Ice) in my Magnum and noticed a little reduction on my gauge.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
When I swapped out to a 180* thermostat I added a bottle of Water Wetter and some distilled water to top it off. My car hardly ever gets above the second big mark on the temp gauge and I have had no issues. Most of keeping it cool has to do with the fan setting changes though I am sure the WW helps. My high speed fan runs A LOT now.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
When I swapped out to a 180* thermostat I added a bottle of Water Wetter and some distilled water to top it off. My car hardly ever gets above the second big mark on the temp gauge and I have had no issues. Most of keeping it cool has to do with the fan setting changes though I am sure the WW helps. My high speed fan runs A LOT now.
That's because your always hauling A$$:gy:lol

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I tried a bottle after hearing another forum member sing its praises. I didn't notice a whole lot of drop in temps. Anything is good, really and I don't remember it as being very costly, so might as well give it a try.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I've used it many times in the past. No issues with it. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I have used it in the past in my '78 Vette and it worked, reduced the temp down a bit. I have not used it on my Challenger yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's good stuff but only makes a big difference when using with straight water. I read a test report many years ago that said cylinder head temps rise approximately 1 degree for every 1% ethylene glycol added, so if you run a 50/50 glycol/water mix you raise cylinder head temps 50 degrees. That seems a little high to me though. Where water wetter shines is in added lubricating properties so when running straight water you still maximize water pump life. I've never seen much temperature reduction just by adding it to glycol/water mix. Maybe a few degrees.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,587 Posts
I see it also says treating "glycol" systems. Could not find "hoat" anywhere in the article. May not do much good in our systems.

·
Premium Member
21,659 Posts
I see it also says treating "glycol" systems. Could not find "hoat" anywhere in the article. May not do much good in our systems.
Still, unless you're running straight HOAT..

BENEFIT SUMMARY
•Doubles the wetting ability of water
•Improves heat transfer
•Reduces cylinder head temperatures
•May allow more spark advance for increased
torque
•Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis
•Provides long term corrosion protection
•Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
•Prevents foaming
•Reduces cavitation corrosion
•Complexes with hard water to reduce scale