Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So even though i was using Meguirs products I thought I would give Surf City Garage a shot. As far as the products go they are pretty good. A little pricey IMO.

However, i have noticed the last two days that overnite my car now is covered, i mean hundreds, of little gnat like creatures. First day I thought it was just a weird occurance but now two days in a row and I am thinking its the wax or detail spray. It does have a kind of fruity overripe smell to it.

Anyone else been invaded because of their wax?

·
Registered
575 Posts
One way to find out if that's the cause might be try to remove it from part of the car and see if the gnats no longer gather there.

Have you contacted the mfr? I'd be ticked! (No pun intended.)

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I have been using SCG products for many years now and never seen or heard of that before. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using SCG products for many years now and never seen or heard of that before. :4-dontknow:
It happened three days in a row and then nothing. Maybe they were attracted to the red color and smell combo. Who knows?!

I haven't asked fresh product since my original post so I will update in the future if it happens again.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I think they just really liked your Challenger and wanted a ride. :D

:smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Most detailing manufacturers add floral or fruit scents to their products to make them more pleasant to work with. The annoying side affect is that insects gathering nectar or cross-pollinating are also attracted to those same scents. The other thing at work here is the bright color of your vehicle which might also attract insects.

Try washing/waxing your car in the late afternoon. Insects are usually done for the day by mid-afternoon and there's less chance of pollen strikes left on your paint by pollinating bees.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Dang! I thought it was just a Southern thing, but every time I wash my car bugs (mostly the little gnat types) are just constantly flying around and hitting me in the face! It's the only thing I don't like about washing my car! :smiledown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts