Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off today so I figured I'd wax up the car really good. Used some Meguiars Gold Glass wax, turned out great! Wanted to back it out for some good pics but it was raining off and on today. Did up the tires, trim, vacuumed the interior, and cleaned under the hood. Car looks like new again! :smileup:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Looks like you did a great job, excellent use of a day off. :smileup:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, it was a great day off! Spent some time with my wife and kids and cleaned up the car really good! I've been off since last Friday. It'll be tough going back to work tomorrow!

·
12,989 Posts
Nice job Carl!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, your car does look brand new, like it should be on the showroom floor! You did a great job. :)

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
Looking Great, Carl!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! It's my daily driver but I try to keep it looking as good as I can. It's almost 4 years old now and looks a lot nicer than some cars that are only a year old on the road. I love the way the paint feels after a good wax job. Things just glide right off of it! :)

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha no thanks man! I was a sweaty mess after I was done waxing the car. It was pretty humid out and doing it all by hand with some microfiber towels and no power buffer takes a lot of grunt haha!

I still have to do my Nova sometime this summer too. I really should do my wife's car at least once even though it is just a lease. It always ends up being more work than you think. I also always seem to pick the most hot/humid day to do it too haha!

Reactions: Northernhawk

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,676 Posts
Nice job, Carl. Very nice reflections. Your Challenger looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! :smileup:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man! That's how I'm trying to keep it! My S-10 had 145,000 miles on it and was 7 years old and it still looked almost brand new since I sprayed it off all the time in the winter and waxed it 2-3 times a year. Hope I can do the same with this car. It might have to be my daily driver for a while longer so I have to keep it looking good!

I've always had great results with the Meguiar's line of wax products. My Dad turned me on to them years ago and I've stuck with them ever since.

And wouldn't you know it that after I got to work today I looked out the window and it's pouring down rain! Haha! Go figure. I'm hoping the roads will be dry before I leave today and maybe I'll luck out and it'll stay clean.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have used Meguires Wax and cleaning products for as long as I can remember. I used their products on my boat, and also my cars. I like using the premium boat wax for added protection and a great shine. In between paste or liquid waxing I like to use their quick detailer for a nice quick shine. I have tried their clay bar kit and that works wonders on swirl marks and to get the paint really clean and smooth before a nice paste wax using their premium yellow wax. Just mine choice as far as waxes go but you have to use what is working for you and their wax products have always worked for me. I do use their black wax kit also, which works great also.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Great job on the Challenger. I was going to ask if that was a Nova in the background until I saw it listed in your profile. Post some pics of that bad boy.

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
Car looks sweet ! Nice job....

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone! I do my best to keep the car looking great since it's my daily driver. So far so good!

Those are all different beers I've had over the years. I figured it'd be cool to put one of each up on that one shelf in my garage. Now it's kind of a cool collection.

I had the Nova out the other day. Went up to a local cruise and then just drove around a little. I even got groceries in it too haha!

Here's a few pics of the Nova since you wanted to see it...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
WOW cdahl383 that car looks like glass, Great Job. Love the color also. Best of luck with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts