Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 sets of weather tech floor mats one for my wife's car (Avalon) and my sons car CTS caddy. not more than 2 weeks passed and my son calls me up and says he almost got in an accident because the floor matt "buckled" on the side where the accelerator is at. when he brought it over I could not believe it. (not what you would expect for the cash I spent on these.) I removed them right away but took pics first....then I went to look at my wifes car for the heck of it, and low and behold the same thing, only she never complained because it was blocking the gas pedal (yet) I removed these as well. I contacted WT and so far the jury is still out on customer service. the key issue is here why did this happen? maybe on $20 matts you might expect that, but for $300 you would think they would keep their shape a while. These guy loves to see his pictures in car magazines, radio and even the super bowl tis year. lets see what he says about this ..............not happy at all

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hum, Interesting..... I was just thinking about getting a set for my Ram QC 4x4 as the showroom is just right down the street from me.

Maybe I will hang on to see the outcome here.......

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have had WT floor mats in my 09 Ram truck, 10 Challenger, and 13 Ram Journey. Never had a problem and they really keep the carpet clean. My neighbor has had them in all his vehicles and he has not had a problem either. They are model specific and are supposed to fit like a glove.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, when you cant touch the gas pedal becuase the mat has buckled in such a way that you cannot reach it, I'd say its a problem.....

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,406 Posts
here is the pic of my wifes car and this is not the bad one...my sons is actually blocking the pedal.
Just checked the son's car (2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee). Same issue as shown with your wife's car. I removed it, and used a heat gun to straighten the section. I'll see if this remedies the problem. I totally agree, this should NOT happen.--:smiledown:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
For what they charge for those, the mats should clean themselves and fit like a glove!

Reactions: Als Challenger TA

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll have to keep an eye on mine, so far no issues and they are 1.5 yrs old. Thank you for the heads up...don't want to get in an accident. Hope you are able to resolve this quickly with WT.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hum, Interesting..... I was just thinking about getting a set for my Ram QC 4x4 as the showroom is just right down the street from me.

Maybe I will hang on to see the outcome here.......
Just put a set in my Ram 2011 QC. They are the best I have seen in quality and looks. Must have been defective.

·
Premium Member
24,759 Posts
I have the Weather Tech floorliner digitalfit in 2 vehicles and no problems for over a year and a half. :4-dontknow:

Maybe you should send those pics to Weather Tech.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a set for the winter, and I must agree it looks good during the first week but after that it begins to warp around the edges, I notice that the rubber is just too thin and not very flexible. will dump them after this winter it's not worth the money. As is usually the case American company's come up with great ideas but always tend to use cheap material in order to maximize profit thereby pushing the American consumer to go elsewhere. I'm going to keep holding on and hope they start putting back the pride in the manufacturing of goods. That's why I bought this 2013 Challenger I saw the pride in the American made muscle cars coming back. (even though I know theres a little mercedes or bmw in there) LOL

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of course I sent the pics to WT why do you think I'm posting here? up date they say they will replace them, but as far as I can tell based on others, its only going to happen again. too bad that was money I could have spent elsewhere on better product, too bad for me for not doing research, you should see all the complaints on the BBB.....unreal. and the owner David McNeal loves him self, he likes seeing his company name in every car magazine, every radio station, he spent millions on 30 seconds for a super bowl commercial, why not improve the product instead?

·
Premium Member
24,759 Posts
Of course I sent the pics to WT why do you think I'm posting here?

Missed where you stated you sent the pics to WT.
Good luck resolving the issue.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPdate on WT
They are sending out re-placement mats for me, which is good, however they are telling me that the reason the material buckled is a result of the fact I did not remove the carpet mat under neath, which makes no sense to me at all. but once I replace them I'll keep an eye out and see. not sure how the position on the floor effects the structure integrity of the material.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I have put many WT mats thru the paces without fail. I always pulled out the carpet mats before putting them in for best fit. Love this product. Made in the USA. I'm glad they took care of you and I wouldn't have expected anything different.

Reactions: bigsnake

·
Registered
997 Posts
I know that Weather Tech stands behind there product, a year ago I problems with my drivers side. But it was on the left side where you rest your foot. It started to get flimsy also. I took a picture of that side and send it to them.

They sent me whole new set, driver and passenger side. No problems since then, any time your dealing with plastic of any kind there can be problems.

Just my two cents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.