Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the all the excitement of the holidays cooled down and I had some free time I started buying myself some toys for my SPS, which is still not here, but I will be ready and waiting once it is.

It looks like I will have to drive my SPS in the snow when I get it this year as I have no other car, next winter I should have a winter vehicle ready to go. With that in mind I wanted to pickup the best mats I could find to help prevent any leakage of snow from my shows and what not. I believe I really did make the right choice with these mats, they just reek of quality and for the price, they had better. But without even having installed them yet I already feel good about the purchase as far money/quality goes.

There are a couple pictures here illustrating just how deep these things are, for those unfamiliar. After inspecting these it seems quite clear they would hold more liquid than you would ever be likely to shed in one instance of snowy boots or what have you, and remember I am Canadian lol. Comparing these to average or common winter floor mats makes what I am use to seeing look like a complete joke, WT's are very impressive, as far as floor mats go.

20160114_094842.jpg
20160114_095357.jpg
20160114_095451.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Installed Weathertech floor liners in my Wife's Chevy Traverse. The front ones do a great job of holding a lot of slush and liquid and fit very well. I also installed the full mat that completely covers the floor for the second and third row seating. Keeps the carpets like new! My experience with Weathertech is they make quality stuff. Also Kicking around getting a set for the front seat in my SP.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,222 Posts
My son has the same ones in his 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They work great. One thing you will discover, over time, the raised sides will start to droop slightly. Very easy fix.:D Place the floor mats upside down on the garage floor, use a heat gun (ON LOW), or a hair dryer (your wife won't mind) and go back and forth along the edges where they curve into the flat floor section and press down lightly with your hand. Couple of passes and they will be back in shape. Hope this helps. Oh yea, almost forgot, Congrats on your new SP. Try taking up chess, it will help keep your sanity till the SP arrives.;)

·
Premium Member
6,093 Posts
So after the all the excitement of the holidays cooled down and I had some free time I started buying myself some toys for my SPS, which is still not here, but I will be ready and waiting once it is.

It looks like I will have to drive my SPS in the snow when I get it this year as I have no other car, next winter I should have a winter vehicle ready to go. With that in mind I wanted to pickup the best mats I could find to help prevent any leakage of snow from my shows and what not. I believe I really did make the right choice with these mats, they just reek of quality and for the price, they had better. But without even having installed them yet I already feel good about the purchase as far money/quality goes.

There are a couple pictures here illustrating just how deep these things are, for those unfamiliar. After inspecting these it seems quite clear they would hold more liquid than you would ever be likely to shed in one instance of snowy boots or what have you, and remember I am Canadian lol. Comparing these to average or common winter floor mats makes what I am use to seeing look like a complete joke, WT's are very impressive, as far as floor mats go.

View attachment 65780 View attachment 65781 View attachment 65782
The weather tech mats are definitely top of the line, manufactured about 5 miles from me, I checked out their location. But I ended up with the Dodge mats. Slightly different, a little cheaper, but still very functional in my mind

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts

View attachment 65780 View attachment 65781 View attachment 65782
I have been think about these. They look great.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Those are some serious floor mats!

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Best part of Weathertech mats other than fitmebt is that they are made here in USA.

Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
That is is probably one of the reasons they are so expensive, but hey I don't have a problem with that at all.

Reactions: jgoodz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts