Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Z, I need some help! I found a R/T I'm completely lusting over... I've only had my SXT for a year and a month. Is it even worth it to go check it out and see if I can get a good deal? At least going down to check it out would be good experience I suppose?

Here is the R/T, 2013/$26,540/13,900 on the clock. That interior is killer.

I think I'm gonna go down there just to see what they say and where I stand on a trade in...

Or maybe I should hold off and be patient for a newer one with no miles on it? I don't know! :4-dontknow:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,684 Posts
Dang! What story are you going to tell your SXT?

"I have to work this weekend. Hauling tree stumps. I'm going to leave you here in the garage..."

BTW, sweet looking R/T. If the deal is right, pull the trigger.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,549 Posts
Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave! You know it's like a hot Chick with an STD! You know it can get you in trouble, but you still wanna nail it!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
^^ Oh My... I don't like the new 2015 platform so I suggest you go test drive and trade in. You will be very happy you did it so early into your current commitment.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,712 Posts
Well the seats can be done for around $1500.00 on any Challenger so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Yes you should check it out, that's one sweet looking ride. :smileup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
At the least I'll get a good test drive out of a sexy R/T. If the dealer wants to talk numbers I'll certainly consider trading in, 3 hour drive from where I am, so around 6:30am I'm gonna be hitting the road! Tonight is super washing, waxing, vacuuming, and prepping my beauty! I'll just tell her we are going for a nice weekend getaway....

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,712 Posts
At the least I'll get a good test drive out of a sexy R/T. If the the dealer wants to talk numbers I'll certainly consider trading in, 3 hour drive from where I am, so around 6:30am I'm gonna be hitting the road! Tonight is super washing, waxing, vacuuming, and prepping my beauty! I'll just tell her we are going for a nice weekend getaway....
Well good luck, hope it works out for you.

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave! You know it's like a hot Chick with an STD! You know it can get you in trouble, but you still wanna nail it!
Nothing tastes as bad as a yeast infection. :Wow1:

Anyway. Back to the topic. Definitely go test drive and the best of luck.

·
Banned
149 Posts
That is a tough call on that R/T, while it is very nice I am confident that there are going to be a LOT of Challengers either being traded in for 14's or the upcoming 15's. between now and September.

Might be able swing one with lower miles and more options for around the same price range over the coming weeks/ months.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is a tough call on that R/T, while it is very nice I am confident that there are going to be a LOT of Challengers either being traded in for 14's or the upcoming 15's. between now and September.

Might be able swing one with lower miles and more options for around the same price range over the coming weeks/ months.

I agree,Almost 14k miles,You dont know how its been driven or if it has some flaws that you wont notice until you purchase it.There are lots of Challengers and the grass always looks greener on the other side..The devil you know is better then the devil you dont!!...Take that into consideration as that dealer is like a wolf licking his lips because he sees a wide-eyed sheep coming to his doorstep..Good luck to you in whatever you choose....JMO

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Dave......you've been fantasizing and lusting after an R/T for a while now......take her for a ride....see what she's about! Can't hurt.....right?????

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang! What story are you going to tell your SXT?

"I have to work this weekend. Hauling tree stumps. I'm going to leave you here in the garage..."

BTW, sweet looking R/T. If the deal is right, pull the trigger.
Oh yea, once we get to talking numbers if it's still within reason of what I want to be paying a month I may just have to break out a pen. I'll just walk out to my SXT and give her the ol "it's not you, it's me" speech :D

^^ Oh My... I don't like the new 2015 platform so I suggest you go test drive and trade in. You will be very happy you did it so early into your current commitment.
Yea there are things I like and things I don't like about the new '15s, specifically the interior. After the test drive I hope I'm not cheesing or anything. Might be in trouble after that.

Very good point. It certainly would be a good idea to hold off because I'm sure I would be able to get a better deal. But today when I was browsing and saw this car my mouth dropped. At the very least I'm going to look at her in person!

Dave......you've been fantasizing and lusting after an R/T for a while now......take her for a ride....see what she's about! Can't hurt.....right?????
We have talked about it before Susie so you would know! I'm going down there with the mindset of "ok just going for a test drive" and if I don't get the car, for whatever reason, no big deal. Honestly after spit shining the sixer I'm starting to have second thoughts, there's nothing like that black shine! But.... it ain't no Hemi! I finished washing my car just before the sun went down, gonna wake up early vacuum the inside, detail the wheels and I'm off for my weekend adventure!

I'll let everybody know what happens tomorrow! :smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,684 Posts
Stop waffling, Dave!

I DARE you to go buy that R/T!

I DOUBLE DAWG DARE you to buy that R/T!!

C'mon Dave. Buy that R/T. All the cool kids are doing it :D

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Dave, OK when you look into the mirror and say to yourself "I had the chance and let it go and now I feel so bad and want I feel bad and must drink many beers to forget or"..........

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,456 Posts
Dave, I get a turn here to weigh in! I think you should definitely look at this car. I disagree about the mileage. That is nothing on vehicles of today. My car has 16,000 miles and only a year old!! It is just fine. I also remember you saying you would like to get something easier to wash and detail. White would probably be a lot easier. It would just be a fun trip in any case!! Have fun!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave, I get a turn here to weigh in! I think you should definitely look at this car. I disagree about the mileage. That is nothing on vehicles of today. My car has 16,000 miles and only a year old!! It is just fine. I also remember you saying you would like to get something easier to wash and detail. White would probably be a lot easier. It would just be a fun trip in any case!! Have fun!!
Thanks Betty! I agree with you about the mileage, I was talking to a coworker about it today. Granted I only live 7 miles from where I work, at 1 year I was barely pushing 8,000 miles. She told me her car was also 1 year old and she had around 16k on the clock as well. So a hair under 14k for a year old car doesn't concern me. I'm going to get down there and go over the car with a fine tooth comb and if everything seems cool I'll take it for a spin. And if things STILL seem cool, I will see if we can play ball. And if things are even more cool, I may come home with a Hemi :D

But I'm trying not to get my hopes up, if not tomorrow... then soon. I will find a good Hemi to give a home to :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,456 Posts
Dave, you are two hours ahead of me??? Get some sleep!! Don't need you falling asleep on the way!! Have a good trip!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dave, you are two hours ahead of me??? Get some sleep!! Don't need you falling asleep on the way!! Have a good trip!!
Ha! I was just thinking that, it's 10:30 here now, better get some zzz's before my 3 hour trip in the morning. Goodnight! I'm off to la la land :fly2:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts