Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I have State Farm Insurance for all of my insurance...house/life/cars. I went to add my Challenger and they said they have to charge me full...like I was driving it every day. I said it is a weekend toy. I want full coverage, but feel it should be reduced due to be garaged and minimal use...1,000 miles a year or so. They said...sorry.:(

So, my question is: What are those of you that use your Challengers on the weekends as toys using for insurance?? I had a 1967 Mustang in 2002 and I think I used Haggerty Insurance for classic cars. My 2014 does not qualify as a classic...yet. ;)

Let's hear what your all choosing, please.:)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Progressive with snapshot.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Liberty Mutual, Full Coverage with an agreed value payoff.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I have mine listed as a "Pleasure Vehicle" and hardly noticed the $$ bump with 3 cars. I think I'm limited to 5K or 6K miles a year...can't remember. I would run as fast as you can away from State Farm though IMO. I use an Insurance Broker who shops several different companies for best deal every couple of years. I'm with Auto Owners now.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
We have Travelers for our Challengers. Full coverage listed as 10% of the time drivers (pleasure vehicle) in summer and then just comprehensive when they're in storage over the winter.
When we put them back on the road in April I usually get a bill for $500 or so (that's for two 2010 Challenger R/t's). Then when we store them at the end of October I get a refund check of $160 or so.
The gal said as 10% of the time drivers they prefer we don't put on more than 3000 miles a year but they don't check.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
I used to have Farmers. I dropped them when they jacked my rated due to moving. My agent said if I wanted I could insure the car for the summer only. The car is garaged in the winter. Add it cancel it thats what you might want to look into.

Reactions: ArchGE

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,878 Posts
Every state is different, as far as rules and rates. Here (NY) I must have liability on all cars, while they are registered. If I cancel the insurance, the tags MUST be SURRENDERED first. If your vehicle is financed or leased you MUST have full coverage. Annual usage (miles, type of use) is a small factor. So for me I must have full coverage all year, until I pay it off.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have state farm with full coverage ....had them for 15 years...for my Challenger..its my DD..and my renters I pay $150 a month.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I only drive my Challenger on weekends. Allstate insures it as my second car and part time vehicle. Discounts for multi-car and multi-policy (I pay $90 a year for renter's insurance, which reduces my auto insurance premium by (ta-daaa) $90, so it's like getting renter's insurance for free.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
Progressive, and its listed as a pleasure vehicle, approx. 7K miles/year. Costs just about the same as my RAM....but I do drive it year round...

·
Premium Member
12,543 Posts
I tried Hagerty but it was $1,000.00 per year for agreed upon value. I am still shopping...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Like somebody else stated it varies from state to state, I do highly recommend every 3 or 4 years quoting insurance rates from different companies. The good old days of a loyal customer are gone when it comes to insurance rates. I had been with Country Companies for over 20 years and decided to check out different rates with other companies. I ended up going with Farmers because they saved me $1500 a year for the exact same coverage :( even my Farmers agent told me to compare rates about every 3 years to make sure you get the best deal. Mine is insured under a storage rate and I just email or text my agent when I take it out and he charges me by the day when I do under full coverage.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I got USAA I pay $30 a month while in storage in winter then I pay $560 or so for 3 car when I take it out. The highest car to insure I have is this 2014 volt cost more than my SRT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts