Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a clip from Two Guys Garage where they installed an exhaust system on a SRT-8 from Hearththrob Exhaust. It looked like a typical high flow performance exhaust, well designed, build, etc...

At the end of the clip they drive off and the car sounded great. What if anything do you folks know about Hearthrob Exhaust. Does anyone have one installed and how does it sound at highway speeds, can you hear the radio? You can easily find them on the web.

·
Registered
535 Posts
According to their website, the CatBack system they offer for the 08-09 Challenger SRT will add 44 rwhp :Wow1: Seems like a whole lot of ponies for exhaust alone to be adding.....

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw that and its hard to believe that as well. Nevertheless the system looks well built but I never looked to see the cost and see if it's compreble to other systems.

·
Premium Member
20,314 Posts
According to their website, the CatBack system they offer for the 08-09 Challenger SRT will add 44 rwhp :Wow1: Seems like a whole lot of ponies for exhaust alone to be adding.....
Reps to ya, you have much more restraint than me ! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had recorded a Motorweek episode on the Dish DVR and it always records 5 mins before and after the program you record. I saw 2 Guys long enough to see them get it finshed but never got to hear what it sounded like. I about choked when he said 40 horse and 48 ft lbs on the dyno. That must be their butt dyno!

I saw a clip from Two Guys Garage where they installed an exhaust system on a SRT-8 from Hearththrob Exhaust. It looked like a typical high flow performance exhaust, well designed, build, etc...

At the end of the clip they drive off and the car sounded great. What if anything do you folks know about Hearthrob Exhaust. Does anyone have one installed and how does it sound at highway speeds, can you hear the radio? You can easily find them on the web.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, forget about the dyno numbers because its just wayyyyy exaggerated, but the overall construction appeared well made and it did have a very nice sound. I'm not sold on the idea of buying them just looking to see if anyone has had any experience with them.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yes, forget about the dyno numbers because its just wayyyyy exaggerated, but the overall construction appeared well made and it did have a very nice sound. I'm not sold on the idea of buying them just looking to see if anyone has had any experience with them.

Seems like an honest, fair enough question to me. Sorry cant help but hopefully someone may provide some info specifically to your question, outside of dealing with the H.P side issue. Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I saw the save video and was shocked at the horsepower gains by the Challenger SRT8 with 6.1 L (44 HP). I call the manufacturer to question the stated horsepower gain and the sound of their exhaust produces. They stated that they developed a system that incorporates H pipe versus X and were surprised how well it works on the 6.1L Hemi. They said they received same results multiple installations at their facilities on 2008 and 2009 Challenger SRT8 (Dyno 41 - 44 HP on multiple runs on each cars). They had good but nowhere the same results on newer model Hemi engines (2011 - current) or with Chevy or Ford products (15 - 18 HP). They have three versions of their cat back exhaust at very reasonable prices, aluminized $408, 409 stainless steel $677, and 304 stainless steel $1063. All have four flowpack mufflers (similar to the old cherry bomb mufflers just not painted red) and hardware. I purchased a set of the 409 stainless steel from JEGS, I think AutoAnything also carries their products. After I installed them I plan to have my car Dyno prior to having a ProCharger supercharger installed (before and after Dyno is included with installation). I should be able to see what HP gains at the wheels from the cat back exhaust and from the second Dyno the combination of the ProCharger and exhaust. I will let you know what my findings are in the near future.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I saw the save video and was shocked at the horsepower gains by the Challenger SRT8 with 6.1 L (44 HP). I call the manufacturer to question the stated horsepower gain and the sound of their exhaust produces. They stated that they developed a system that incorporates H pipe versus X and were surprised how well it works on the 6.1L Hemi. They said they received same results multiple installations at their facilities on 2008 and 2009 Challenger SRT8 (Dyno 41 - 44 HP on multiple runs on each cars). They had good but nowhere the same results on newer model Hemi engines (2011 - current) or with Chevy or Ford products (15 - 18 HP). They have three versions of their cat back exhaust at very reasonable prices, aluminized $408, 409 stainless steel $677, and 304 stainless steel $1063. All have four flowpack mufflers (similar to the old cherry bomb mufflers just not painted red) and hardware. I purchased a set of the 409 stainless steel from JEGS, I think AutoAnything also carries their products. After I installed them I plan to have my car Dyno prior to having a ProCharger supercharger installed (before and after Dyno is included with installation). I should be able to see what HP gains at the wheels from the cat back exhaust and from the second Dyno the combination of the ProCharger and exhaust. I will let you know what my findings are in the near future.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Received the exhaust, very poor workmanship, one of the welds was only half completed around one of the flowpack mufflers. The others welds were complete but were horrible workmanship as well (uneven weld thickness, start/stop build-up). Even though the were sup-post to be made from 409 stainless steel the exhust were rusting at the welds right out of the box. Sent them back. I'm thinking of purchasing a set of cat back exhaust from Solo Performance (SRT-8 Mach X-3 CAT Back Exhaust Kit with Solo High Flow Catalytic Converter). On the other hand the ProCharger installation went very well, still in 500 mile break in period, (Dyno at 509 HP at the wheels with 7 psi boost).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts