Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive managed to get my hands on a great set of 20X9 SRT alcoas, 1 has some scrapes on the face but would be perfect for paint, other 3 are excellent, just trying to either sell or gauge interest before I think about making them my winter wheels and possibly painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
225 Posts
Well the replicas of those wheels are selling for $620 per set brand new which includes shipping. So I'd say those would be worth a few hundred bucks at least. One of these days I'm going to pick up a set for myself.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where are you finding them that cheap? Ive seen no lower than 750.

·
Registered
225 Posts
www.discounttiredirect.com has any Challenger OEM wheel design you want for $155 delivered...and they are probably even more lightweight and better for performance, plus they have an ever so slight bit more offset to really fill the fenders out.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, dunno....i do know though those are around 5lbs heavier a piece an cast not forged, one thing I like about thes srts, well two things, lighter and forged...lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if they ar discontinued, lol I have these....lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
Forged is stronger and is usually always therefore heavier. I remember when Jeep started putting forged wheels on the Rubicon model back in '04...that was a 16x8" wheel and it weighed 30 lbs! Ouch!

So what kind of money realistically are you looking to sell those for?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See I've heard that forged is typically lighter and stronger than cast. Honestly I'm not looking to get a fortune but just wondered what others have seen. I was thinking around $600ish but haven't seen many threads on anyone selling these and research has showed me that prices go for $500 and higher. That's why I wanted to gauge interest and see what others are seeing out there for OEM and not aftermarket

·
Registered
387 Posts
Forged are always worth more than cast. Problem is with so many cast replica's you have to find a buyer that cares. If you go to a dealer those forged wheels are very pricey. But you are right in your statement. Forged is lighter and stronger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.