Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you northerners who have their cars put up for the winter, what are you doing to pass the time?
This is the worst time, it hit 48 here yesterday, just a tease, we still have lots and lots of snow, and the roads are full of potholes and frost heaves. It will be another month or more before my car sees the light of day...

Now is the hardest time... Just waiting. So what are you doing to pass the time?

I spend alot of time on ebay car oogling, been stocking up on car wash, got a battery tender (finally) bee. Getting mf towels and cloths for inside/outside cleaning... Bought a few chally shirts... Just biding my time...

Oh, my coolest thing for spring, i got one of those gilmore foam master guns...

What are you guys doing, or stocking up on for when your ride peaks out of the garage?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Just like you, been stocking up on cleaners and watching a lot of hot rod related TV. Just spinning my wheels waiting for the weather to break. Went to the Cleveland Auto Show yesterday and drooled over the Shaker Challenger and new Viper on display. Lou.

·
Registered
949 Posts
JXP, I'm not far from you! I think I'm gonna take it out of it's winter cocoon today and let her run for a bit. Might even make some noise with it! It's gonna be a while before we can get out on the roads. Need some rain to wash the salt away. The roads just might be the worst I've ever seen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JXP, I'm not far from you! I think I'm gonna take it out of it's winter cocoon today and let her run for a bit. Might even make some noise with it! It's gonna be a while before we can get out on the roads. Need some rain to wash the salt away. The roads just might be the worst I've ever seen.
I know the heaves are insane this year, my truck bounces like a basketball down rt 5 the road is such a mess... My poor wife drives a focus... Some potholes are deeper than her car. Lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Watching 2 to 3 games of Hockey every day!! Trying to keep warm !! Snow 2-3 ft. deep in yard yet . (NO MOWING GOING ON!!). Dodge Z Forum Alot; Really Enjoy The Site. Waiting on SHAKER to show up at the Dealer's Lot!! (1 wk. to go!!) Pa. starting slow thaw, watching the geese fly north.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
When I was in Alaska... the winter was when I did all my mods... At the time I had a 67' Coronet. Winter gave me time to research parts, wait for them to be shipped to AK, then take my time doing the mods. I had a heated garage, that helped ALOT...

On a side note - I see some of you are from Maine - I was stationed at Loring AFB, just before it closed... I LOVED it up there!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
This has been the worst Winter EVER! I haven't seen my car since Dec. 7th....and it won't be coming out for at least another month or so. I did the unthinkable and test drove an SRT yesterday!! Helped with the DT's!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has been the worst Winter EVER! I haven't seen my car since Dec. 7th....and it won't be coming out for at least another month or so. I did the unthinkable and test drove an SRT yesterday!! Helped with the DT's!!
I know! Mine went away november 2nd. Its a sad 5 to 6 months each year.... Plus, i dont park my car in the garage, my wife parks in there, so she at least sees my car every day when she puts her car in the garage. I go out to the garage once a week just to say hi to my car... Lol:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
This is my fourth winter storing the car and waiting for spring. I guess I'm used to it now. The last three years I'd buy mods and have them waiting for spring to do the install. This year I didn't get anything. We hit 40 deg yesterday so I fired it up and sat in it for a while enjoying that 'new car smell' that it still has. By mid April I expect to be back in the driver's seat!!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
working and trying to stay busy. Football season was a great distraction of course, especially playing into February this time! As I thought would happen...this weekend has been very nice, lots of melting and warm sun and I am having a hard time resisting to pull her out of the garage for a rip up the road and back!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
We've had a couple nice weekends where the roads have been dry, )and because of recent rain, not frosted white with road salt), so I've taken the car out of the storage unit. Once to put the front strut brace on and once to ride out to my mom's house to work on her computer (nice 2.5hr drive each way...even goosed the supercharger once or twice :))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts