Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what kinds of dash cams people are using. I’ve had several and have had the best luck DDPai Mini 2.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YB6VBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wb.VBb68JE8WR

Great video quality and sound. All of the usual dash cam features but my favorite feature is it comes with a remote button that you can press anytime you see something and will go back and trim out the last 30 seconds for you. WiFi connect so you just open the app on your phone and videos and pics automatically download. No messing with taking out the memory card.

You can also set it to not power off X amount of minutes after the car shuts off. That’s handy when I take it in for service. It stays running while they work on the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had several kinds. I have tossed them all. Every time I go back to watch the videos the parts I want to see were not captured. There are always gaps from what I have seen. Very frustrating.
That stinks. I’ve had some of those too. It looks like they are recording but when I check the card it hasn’t recorded for days or weeks. Those were generally the cheaper ones (like $40) I had issues with. Haven’t had any issues with the ones I’m using now and it’s been about a year. It was $80 when I bought it but it’s dropped in price since version 3 came out. (No idea what’s different. Higher video quality maybe)

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
I have a Grdian also.. seems to work well, connects to my phone with an app.

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
A couple pics.. I wish they would have used black tape on the base but I could change that easily.

IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0609.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,857 Posts
Curious what kinds of dash cams people are using. I’ve had several and have had the best luck DDPai Mini 2.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YB6VBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wb.VBb68JE8WR

Great video quality and sound. All of the usual dash cam features but my favorite feature is it comes with a remote button that you can press anytime you see something and will go back and trim out the last 30 seconds for you. WiFi connect so you just open the app on your phone and videos and pics automatically download. No messing with taking out the memory card.

You can also set it to not power off X amount of minutes after the car shuts off. That’s handy when I take it in for service. It stays running while they work on the car.
Based on a co-workers input I bought a Thinkware F800 dash cam.

Link:

https://www.us.thinkware.com/products-f800

In fact I bought two. One for my Hellcat and one for my JCW. (Installed the one in the Hellcat but haven't had time to install the one in the JCW. Maybe today. I'm taking a vacation day.)

The camera defaults to recording 60 second segments but has an incident detector that stores a video clip the includes a number of seconds prior to the incident and a number of seconds after the incident.

One can press a button on the unit to have it record continuously.

The times I have checked I see no gaps in the video.

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
They just came out with their new model and offering $20 off not sure when that ends
They just came out with their new model and offering $20 off not sure when that ends
I like the size of the Defender and you barely notice it looking at the car. I put a 128 GB card in it and bought a spare, the were on sale for 50 bucks, they do not come with a card. So far I am happy with the video results I have pulled off the camera.

Reactions: 340mopars

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
BlackSys CH 200 - front and rear cameras. Has wifi (short range, must be in or next to car); has "Event" button that when pressed automatically saves prior 10 seconds and whichever file length you selected.

The reviews compared it almost equally to the Blackvue, but much less expensive. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm looking hard at the Viofo A119 Pro. I like the video the older one did and it's got a nice format of size and mounting, and lens adjustments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a couple of Falcon Ones (which mount to the rear- view mirrow, and have lenses pointing to the front and to the rear), and two Cobras (I foget the model #), which I purchased for about $130 at Cstco.

I figured that the Cobras would be good, given Cobra's reputation and brand longevity... I could not have been more wrong. They are very complicated to operate, they glitch out constantly, they stop working for no apparent reason, they will not work during inclement weather, they USUALLY don't work during good weather, the batteries were useless after one month, and they generally do nothing but disappoint.

On the other hand, the Falcons, a brand I had never heard of before, have performed magnificently. Even their customer service is great: I needed an extra charging cord (in order to hard- wire one camera into two different vehicles), and they sent me an extra, at no charge. I will buy Falcon again; Cobra, never again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts