Dodge Challenger Forum banner

22621 - 22640 of 22675 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Got to hang out with @245pacer (Grant) and @OrangeCrush392 (Dave) yesterday at Cecil County Dragway. Any day at the track in late November is a good day. Ran a new PB for the car at 12.077 @ 113.55 MPH.... just a bit short of hitting high 11s as I was hoping for. If I keep the SP, may throw some mods at it next year as well as putt the car and myself on a diet. 11s or bust. Lol.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Glad you're OK John. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,204 Posts
Me, too- that'd be a fantastic road trip! Not to mention train racing! :D
No kidding!!! I need a helper, or should I say a "partner in crime"!!!

·
Premium Member
5,083 Posts
Got to hang out with @245pacer (Grant) and @OrangeCrush392 (Dave) yesterday at Cecil County Dragway. Any day at the track in late November is a good day. Ran a new PB for the car at 12.077 @ 113.55 MPH.... just a bit short of hitting high 11s as I was hoping for. If I keep the SP, may throw some mods at it next year as well as putt the car and myself on a diet. 11s or bust. Lol.
Hey it was great to catch up with you guys , I can’t believe how your car still looks brand new . I guess it was sitting next to mine and Dave’s ( ours are well used Dave ) . If you want that 11s pass come early Saturday and we’ll pull those seats , the conditions for this coming Saturday look amazing at this stage . I missed a PB by 0.001 so maybe one more go this year .

·
Registered
182 Posts
It has been cold here in So Cal, especially during the evening and early morning. I turned on my heated seats for the first time & didn't really feel any heat for awhile & then it only got slightly warm on the high setting. Today, I checked the fuse for the heated seat circuit and it is good. I plugged in back in after dropping it & almost seeing it disappear under the battery. I would like to know if the heated seats get really warm & if not, what could be the issue? During my test run today, the screen shows when the heated seats are on & the seat blower works on both speeds. I just think the seats should be pumping out a little more heat. I took off my jacket and drove in a t-shirt with the HVAC shut off. I did feel a little heat but not nearly as much as my other brand X cars heated seats put out.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Wrecked it! Yesterday. On a day when it was only 20º out. Dry pavement too. I just got out of the hospital this morning. Lost the car in a curve. The car just slid on cold tires and got totally destroyed. There is nothing left as the car spun into multiple trees off road. Nothing can be salvaged. So I am out of the game. I won't be getting another Challenger. It was fun while it lasted. I've got to sit back and relax and and nurse my 3 cracked ribs and severe bruises on my legs. I may come back and read from time to time but for the most part, I am out of here.

-John
Dang John! I am so sorry to hear your news, but I'm glad you're ok...for the most part. What do you plan to purchase next? You won't consider another Challenger? Charger? If I would get rid of mine for any reason, I've thought about either a truck, Tahoe/Yukon, or a BMW M-Class.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Must have missed the announcement that it's Door Ding December. Found a small scuff-and-dip yesterday morning on the body crease where the trunk slopes to the passenger side body, and then a new one that happened today while I was at work- a pretty deep one right below my driver's side door handle. Of course, no notes from the "ding dongs" that did either one... pffft. :mad:

·
Trigger657
715 Posts
Must have missed the announcement that it's Door Ding December. Found a small scuff-and-dip yesterday morning on the body crease where the trunk slopes to the passenger side body, and then a new one that happened today while I was at work- a pretty deep one right below my driver's side door handle. Of course, no notes from the "ding dongs" that did either one... pffft. :mad:
pffft's me tooo...:mad:

·
Administrator
43,354 Posts
That just ticks me off. If there is no paint chipped a PDR GUY can hopefully get them out.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,204 Posts
Oh nooooo!!! That sucks! PDR can probably get them out easily, but it still isn't right. Can you park in a different spot? Buy a case of bubble wrap and wrap it up before heading into work??? LOL!!! Dang!!

·
Trigger657
715 Posts
Neither one appear to have gone below the clearcoat, so I think they're good candidates for PDR. In the grand scheme of things it's no big deal- but it's the principle! Phil, don't tell me you got dinged, too?!
I was waiting for my son in San Antonio outside a Denny's a few years back. I was leaning on the entrance rail watching as a van pulls up and the passenger pushes her door open like if the were to stops and wacked the sh---t out of my 09 B5 R/T drivers side door. Knocked out a thumb sized chip of paint. Let out a big Son-Of-A-,,,,, holler and stumbled on over. I should stop here......

·
Business
18,790 Posts
My Scat just became my daily. Till I can get the truck figured out. Terrified the same thing will happen to it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Drove her back from pizza with my Mom, sis, and niece. Pulled up to find a package waiting for me. Thanks again T @KeysB5Blue and crew for knockin' it outta the park again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh nooooo!!! That sucks! PDR can probably get them out easily, but it still isn't right. Can you park in a different spot? Buy a case of bubble wrap and wrap it up before heading into work??? LOL!!! Dang!!
I usually park at the back of the lot- but I'm thinking maybe I should park crosswise on the landscaped grass in front of our clinic and tell my boss, "Oh, I thought this was festival parking!" ;)
Everybody, have a good (and ding-free) day!

22621 - 22640 of 22675 Posts