Dodge Challenger Forum banner

22641 - 22660 of 22675 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wrecked it! Yesterday. On a day when it was only 20º out. Dry pavement too. I just got out of the hospital this morning. Lost the car in a curve. The car just slid on cold tires and got totally destroyed. There is nothing left as the car spun into multiple trees off road. Nothing can be salvaged. So I am out of the game. I won't be getting another Challenger. It was fun while it lasted. I've got to sit back and relax and and nurse my 3 cracked ribs and severe bruises on my legs. I may come back and read from time to time but for the most part, I am out of here.

-John
Very sorry to hear about this.
Wrecked it! Yesterday. On a day when it was only 20º out. Dry pavement too. I just got out of the hospital this morning. Lost the car in a curve. The car just slid on cold tires and got totally destroyed. There is nothing left as the car spun into multiple trees off road. Nothing can be salvaged. So I am out of the game. I won't be getting another Challenger. It was fun while it lasted. I've got to sit back and relax and and nurse my 3 cracked ribs and severe bruises on my legs. I may come back and read from time to time but for the most part, I am out of here.

-John
Very sorry to hear this.🤥 It seems these cars just beg us to push them hard. I think about your scenario after pushing my own into a corner or after those 110mph bursts.
I'm sure cold weather did play a part, but I'm curious as to what brand of tire you were using.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this.

Very sorry to hear this.🤥 It seems these cars just beg us to push them hard. I think about your scenario after pushing my own into a corner or after those 110mph bursts.
I'm sure cold weather did play a part, but I'm curious as to what brand of tire you were using.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Brand new 3 season tires only a month old.
-John

·
Registered
4,446 Posts

-John
Waaa. I hope you check in. Just cuzyou don't drive one doesn't mean you aren't forum family. Hope you have a good recovery!

·
Trigger657
715 Posts
Waaa. I hope you check in. Just cuzyou don't drive one doesn't mean you aren't forum family. Hope you have a good recovery!

-John
That's right dude. We are family. Get better and get back on that horse.....;)

·
Business
18,790 Posts
Took it to Walmart to get a toy for Saturday's M&G also got a jug of Gold Class car wash. When I got home I cleaned and then used 303 on all three grilles, what a PITA. The grilles are really the only thing that I don't like on this car.
I use the spray on Black to Black. I think that's what it's called. Keeps the grill looking like brand new.

·
Enjoying the ride !
875 Posts
Cut down my stand offs a 1/4" for my ZL1 diffuser due to the low profile diff brace it is now closer to spec without the brace they came out perfect red 272 for the studs going into the stand offs with the 1/4" gone they will have more bite going through the brace & into the threaded frame install is Saturday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
After being impressed with the quality and look of the carbon fiber style grill surround overlays I installed last week, I ordered some interior pieces. They are really well made and nice looking. Fit is perfect. Have more coming next week. It's the little things that make our cars unique.

DoorControls.png

Shifter.png

Steering.png

Vents.png

·
Administrator
43,354 Posts
If the car is never driven in the rain you probably won't need to do it. But basically you need a 0000 steel wool pad and a foaming window cleaner. You spray 1 /2 the windshield then rub in circular motion keeping the pad on the glass only then wipe dry with paper towels, then do the other 1/2. It removes the imbeded stuff pick up while driving in the rain. Ever see the wiper stop shadows it removes them. @Midnight.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yay, finally got out and about today. The driveway solidified enough to not be a slip 'n slide to the road! Felt good to get it out and all warmed up. Gotta put a couple pounds of air in the tires tho. It's been a little over a week since I drove it last but avg temps have dropped.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,204 Posts
Been almost two weeks since I drove the Scat!!! WAY too long. A snow storm followed by a blizzard last weekend, kept me off the roads. I will be driving it tomorrow. A Christmas shopping trip and I will deliver a few challenger calendars! Looking forward to a nice day off. NO more shoveling snow for me.

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
If the car is never driven in the rain you probably won't need to do it. But basically you need a 0000 steel wool pad and a foaming window cleaner. You spray 1 /2 the windshield then rub in circular motion keeping the pad on the glass only then wipe dry with paper towels, then do the other 1/2. It removes the imbeded stuff pick up while driving in the rain. Ever see the wiper stop shadows it removes them. @Midnight.
Thanks Corbin.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
22641 - 22660 of 22675 Posts