Dodge Challenger Forum banner

23181 - 23200 of 23319 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
Had to take her out in the rain today.Wasn't a happy camper. Dried her off and gave her a coat of waterless Wash & Wax. Looks good again.
Love that waterless wash & wax. Never use detail spray anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Had to take her out in the rain today.Wasn't a happy camper. Dried her off and gave her a coat of waterless Wash & Wax. Looks good again.
That's the worst...when you have no choice but to drive it. The car goes from spotless to a mud puppy in what seems like a blink of an eye. When that happens the first thing I do when I get home is to rinse all the road gunk off before it dries with the hose - kind of like fighting back at old Mother Nature! Still end up handwashing it though first chance I get...

·
Now that was dumb!
5,992 Posts
It has been an unusually warm Winter here. Snow below average but frozen precipitation in other forms such as freezing rain and ice have prevailed. Couple days ago I took the cover of my Hellkitty and did the same winter routine. Started, exercised clutch and brakes, monitored charging system and the cooling system. Pretty tired of doing this "I WANNA DRIVE IT!. Won't happen for about 3 months or more. (Dammit)

·
What's Old is New Again!
34,554 Posts
It has been an unusually warm Winter here. Snow below average but frozen precipitation in other forms such as freezing rain and ice have prevailed. Couple days ago I took the cover of my Hellkitty and did the same winter routine. Started, exercised clutch and brakes, monitored charging system and the cooling system. Pretty tired of doing this "I WANNA DRIVE IT!. Won't happen for about 3 months or more. (Dammit)
Hi Wayne! Good to see you here! It's been awhile.

·
Premium Member
15,777 Posts
That's the worst...when you have no choice but to drive it. The car goes from spotless to a mud puppy in what seems like a blink of an eye. When that happens the first thing I do when I get home is to rinse all the road gunk off before it dries with the hose - kind of like fighting back at old Mother Nature! Still end up handwashing it though first chance I get...
You described my feelings to a "T". ;)

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,160 Posts
Installed 3 more carbon fiber pieces on during lunch & got a shipping notification my Petty double front shock tower brace will arrive Wednesday going tomorrow to the auto shop to pick up some gloss black automotive paint i'm OCD going to paint the sliver washer black & paint the hole i drill through the firewall.

·
25,743 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Changed the front rotors and pads to the Z23 Evolution Sport high performance drilled and slotted rotor and pad set.

During the beginning of the process I discovered that I had the drivers side wheel bearing assembly making a clicking noise.

That put everything on hold until I got replacement bearing hub assemblies for both sides, finished the installation yesterday.

I really did not have to replace the passenger side bearing hub assembly, as they say the odds of having 2 bad assemblies are rare but with over 54,000 miles on Black Beauty I did it anyway, just doesn't make sense to me to replace one side and not the other so I did both sides. Ry

·
25,743 Posts
Don't you need to be concerned about scratching the paint being "waterless"?
I don't use it on a dirty car, only a dusty one. Kind of like detail spray use. If my car is really dirty (not too often), then it gets the regular wash. One thing you can do is spray a little water on the sides first, then finish with the waterless wash. This stuff comes in handy for me when it is too cold outside to try a complete wash.

·
Premium Member
15,777 Posts
Don't you need to be concerned about scratching the paint being "waterless"?
I don't use it on a dirty car, only a dusty one. Kind of like detail spray use. If my car is really dirty (not too often), then it gets the regular wash. One thing you can do is spray a little water on the sides first, then finish with the waterless wash. This stuff comes in handy for me when it is too cold outside to try a complete wash.
Betty gave a perfect explanation on how to use this product. I don't consider it a substitute for when the car is dirty. I use it as a detailer.
Yesterday for example, the car was clean when I took it out and got wet. I dried it with micro fiber towels (couldn't use the leaf blower as I was in the garage) and then used the product to shine it up nice again.

23181 - 23200 of 23319 Posts