Dodge Challenger Forum banner

23201 - 23220 of 23319 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
To me (being an engineer)...waterless wash means waterless rather then using on a "clean" vehicle as in "detailer". :geek:
You are correct in your assumption, but most of us are OCD with our cars, and wouldn't use it on a really dirty car. I love it when I am out on the road and the sides of the car get dusty. I can just stop and spray, clean off this stuff and get those pics of the car!! Not sure how dirty your car could be and still use this stuff. Just have to be practical, decide when it is too dirty to use it. I think it works better than a detail spray, and you can ask Art. I believe he changed over to this and noticed a big difference.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You are correct in your assumption, but most of us are OCD with our cars, and wouldn't use it on a really dirty car. I love it when I am out on the road and the sides of the car get dusty. I can just stop and spray, clean off this stuff and get those pics of the car!! Not sure how dirty your car could be and still use this stuff. Just have to be practical, decide when it is too dirty to use it. I think it works better than a detail spray, and you can ask Art. I believe he changed over to this and noticed a big difference.
Understand but if it is dusty I would use a California Duster. Just sayin'.

·
25,743 Posts
Understand but if it is dusty I would use a California Duster. Just sayin'.
I do use that too, but if the dust is a little too much, then I use the waterless wash. Just a judgement call mostly. I only use the duster on light dust.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Put on quarter window distressed flags.

5A57D2A8-A46E-4530-9B02-A58B54688CF7.jpeg

9AF77605-CB0F-499F-9400-C3E1A60368DB.jpeg

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you put them on yourself? I have found that they are a bit more difficult to properly apply than I thought.
Yes. I’ve done all my striping/decals so far without too much trouble. The wet method makes it more forgiving but never as easy as they make it look on the videos.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I charged the battery as I do every week with a battery tender using the jump post & the ground in the engine compartment. I also cleaned a light coating of brake dust off of my rims using McGuire's Waterless Wash & Wax and a microfiber towel that I use only on my rims & wash afterwards. This is pretty much a weekly routine plus getting the light coat of dust off of the car with a California Duster.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What's this wet method,never heard of it?
This should give you an idea. Dish detergent works just as well when making the solution. Helps with preventing bubbles too.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Put on quarter window distressed flags.

View attachment 244969

View attachment 244970
That looks fantastic, excellent work!

I hope your 2019 SXT has blind spot detection on those mirrors, it is hard enough to drive these cars changing lanes to block any view over there. My wifes 2019 Charger SXT has the blind spot detection on her mirrors, a really nice feature! I wish my 2015 had that. Ry

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hope your 2019 SXT has blind spot detection on those mirrors, it is hard enough to drive these cars changing lanes to block any view over there. My wifes 2019 Charger SXT has the blind spot detection on her mirrors, a really nice feature! I wish my 2015 had that. Ry
That I do. Those windows are pretty much useless as is so yeah, BSD comes in very handy and use it all the time. Plus having the side mirrors adjusted correctly goes a long way.

·
25,743 Posts
That I do. Those windows are pretty much useless as is so yeah, BSD comes in very handy and use it all the time. Plus having the side mirrors adjusted correctly goes a long way.
I actually use my back side mirrors a lot. I lay down the passenger seat, and I find those windows helpful. Doing a lot of business in a small town, I have to back out of parking spaces on Main St. and those are helpful. But most of you wouldn't need them for that.

·
25,743 Posts
Just tried to edit my above post. Won't let me do it! I meant to say back side WINDOWS, not mirror! Sorry about that!

23201 - 23220 of 23319 Posts