Dodge Challenger Forum banner

23221 - 23240 of 23319 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Regarding the right side blindspot, this little Jewel is the best money I have spent on all of my upgrades. It is a stick on adjustable angle blind spot mirror, which is a perfect enhancement for the Challenger mirror. Found it at Oreillys, it has a black plastic frame that does not reflect like the chrome surrounding frames do, and the glass reflective mirror can be adjustable. I have the right side mirror itself adjusted out for the best wide blindspot, and the smaller blind spot mirror adjusted targeting the right beside the rear wheel of the car area, and it is so much peace of mind now! I think the mirror is a 2" diameter, and it is on the inside of the main mirror because you cannot see anything in that area of the cars mirror but the side of the car anyway, it is a perfect little place for this size adjustable blind spot mirror. Trust me Please, if you don't have one of these get one, peace of mind is a great thing to have in cars that do not have mirror blind spot detection, but even if you have that capability get one anyway, I promise you won't regret it. Ry

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Not today but last night.... traded it in on a new truck. No longer a Challenger Owner. Maybe one day in the future I’ll get another but for now we need 2 full time vehicles as personal use with the company truck is becoming more strict.

Thanks everyone for the last 7 years.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Not today but last night.... traded it in on a new truck. No longer a Challenger Owner. Maybe one day in the future I’ll get another but for now we need 2 full time vehicles as personal use with the company truck is becoming more strict.

Thanks everyone for the last 7 years.
What truck did you get?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
What truck did you get?
I probably shouldn’t say the F word on this forum. Haha.

150XLT Super Crew with 6.5’ bed, 3.5L Eco Boost, Sunroof, remote start, heated seats (had them add heated rear seats also) and a few other options and accessories.

My 2013 F-150 had the same engine and cab/bed configuration giving a good ride and plenty of power. The new ones has a few addition HP.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

150XLT Super Crew with 6.5’ bed, 3.5L Eco Boost, Sunroof, remote start, heated seats (had them add heated rear seats also) and a few other options and accessories.

My 2013 F-150 had the same engine and cab/bed configuration giving a good ride and plenty of power. The new ones has a few addition HP.
Congratulations! That's a great truck! :) Ry

·
Registered
304 Posts
View attachment 244986

Regarding the right side blindspot, this little Jewel is the best money I have spent on all of my upgrades. It is a stick on adjustable angle blind spot mirror, which is a perfect enhancement for the Challenger mirror. Found it at Oreillys, it has a black plastic frame that does not reflect like the chrome surrounding frames do, and the glass reflective mirror can be adjustable. I have the right side mirror itself adjusted out for the best wide blindspot, and the smaller blind spot mirror adjusted targeting the right beside the rear wheel of the car area, and it is so much peace of mind now! I think the mirror is a 2" diameter, and it is on the inside of the main mirror because you cannot see anything in that area of the cars mirror but the side of the car anyway, it is a perfect little place for this size adjustable blind spot mirror. Trust me Please, if you don't have one of these get one, peace of mind is a great thing to have in cars that do not have mirror blind spot detection, but even if you have that capability get one anyway, I promise you won't regret it. Ry
I install 3" blind spot mirrors in the upper outside corner of each mirror. One of the first things I do when I purchase a vehicle. I turn the visual indicators and beeper off. I been using blind spot mirrors for many many years. The blind spot mirrors also help with backing into parking spots as you can see downward too.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

American truck nothing wrong with that. I have owned a coulpe of Mustangs not ashamed of that but will get bashed someplaces.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That looks fantastic, excellent work!

I hope your 2019 SXT has blind spot detection on those mirrors, it is hard enough to drive these cars changing lanes to block any view over there. My wifes 2019 Charger SXT has the blind spot detection on her mirrors, a really nice feature! I wish my 2015 had that. Ry
Here ya go...

3 Wide Angle Convex Blind Spot Rear Side View Mirrors Car Truck Universal Fit | eBay

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,743 Posts
Going to actually drive the Scat tomorrow, but thought I would post this up tonight. Taking a trip to Rapid City and the computer is going in for a checkup. It isn't feeling well!! Got a few issues, think I have WAY too many photos on it. Going to have to cut down on those car pics!!! Don't know when I will be getting it back, so I still have my old one and it will work for internet, but won't be posting many pics with it. So here is a parting challenger shot:

34994.jpg

·
Registered
534 Posts
Going to actually drive the Scat tomorrow, but thought I would post this up tonight. Taking a trip to Rapid City and the computer is going in for a checkup. It isn't feeling well!! Got a few issues, think I have WAY too many photos on it. Going to have to cut down on those car pics!!! Don't know when I will be getting it back, so I still have my old one and it will work for internet, but won't be posting many pics with it. So here is a parting challenger shot:

View attachment 245014
Get yourself one of these. This one is a 3 TB USB drive...

WD My Book Premium Storage Hard Drive - 3TB - WDBYCC0030HBK-EESN - Scan.co.uk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Get yourself one of these. This one is a 3 TB USB drive...

WD My Book Premium Storage Hard Drive - 3TB - WDBYCC0030HBK-EESN - Scan.co.uk
My computer crashed several years ago but was able to recover most of my files. Since then I keep all my files on an external hard drive similar to this one. A plus is you can use it with other computers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here ya go...

3 Wide Angle Convex Blind Spot Rear Side View Mirrors Car Truck Universal Fit | eBay
Is there a certain spot these should go on? So far I've seen lower outside, upper outside and lower inside corners.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Is there a certain spot these should go on? So far I've seen lower outside, upper outside and lower inside corners.
IMO and not to start an argument, if you look at Gila Hemi's picture the cars mirror itself reflects the side of the car, in that inside area of the mirror you cannot see anything but the side of the car, and that's the best place to mount a blind spot mirror. Where his is mounted is actually blocking useable outer area mirror surface and with the Challenger you do not need a 3" blind spot mirror it will not properly fit the Challenger mirror. A 2" is perfect size for the Challenger mirror, but it has to be adjustable view or it will only reflect the side of the car.

·
Registered
304 Posts
IMO and not to start an argument, if you look at Gila Hemi's picture the cars mirror itself reflects the side of the car, in that inside area of the mirror you cannot see anything but the side of the car, and that's the best place to mount a blind spot mirror. Where his is mounted is actually blocking useable outer area mirror surface and with the Challenger you do not need a 3" blind spot mirror it will not properly fit the Challenger mirror. A 2" is perfect size for the Challenger mirror, but it has to be adjustable view or it will only reflect the side of the car.
My preference is upper outer, you are basically looking at the sky in that area of the mirror. 2" dia are okay but I found the 3" dia is better, IMO.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That is not one on my ride, but mine are in the same location. They are magic for changing lanes on the freeway. BTW, be sure to get ones with glass lenses, because the plastic lenses don't last long.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,051 Posts
I needed a change of pace today so I headed out to the garage, locked the door, turned up the stereo. I jacked the car up, pulled the front wheels, opened the box that has been setting on my workbench for a month from Diode Dynamics and installed my new LED fog lamps. I like the look and turning off the lights in the garage, a big improvement! Couple of pics..

First one, stock lamps, second passenger lamp changed to LED, third pic, finished up. Disregard the tire marks on the floor, my foot slipped off the clutch!

View attachment 244548 View attachment 244549 View attachment 244552

The future is here! The 2030 Dodge Challenger Hemi Hovercat! ...Sorry... I'll stop now.
BTW, nicely done on the new fog lamps ;)

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,160 Posts
Got my Petty's Garage double strut tower brace installed drilled through the firewall & painted the holes with automotive touch up paint hole lined up perfect torqued everything to spec took it for a spin feels more planted in the front end.
sorry my engine compartment is a little dirty it's winter finally hit 45 deg.
PG BAR.jpg

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,160 Posts
Emptied my catch can, re routed & zip tied a couple of wires in the engine compartment see above pic on the drivers side right past the shock tower cover see the wire loom over the over flow line my OCD kicked in laid down the beverage delete discs spiff clothed the windows & interior.

23221 - 23240 of 23319 Posts