Dodge Challenger Forum banner

23561 - 23580 of 23699 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,165 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,165 Posts
Needed a few extra groceries that I couldn't get on Tuesday, so since it was such a beautiful morning, I took the Scat and went the long way! Good therapy for being cooped up so much this winter! This afternoon I washed it and gave it a quick spray wax. Might have been able to just clean it up a little without the wash, but it just felt so good to get outside and wash it!!
A pic from today:

77471.JPG

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow...I really like that! How did you remove the stripe?
Just a little heat from a blow dryer helps stripes come off pretty easily. Longer you've had them on the harder it will be but heat helps.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Added some strut covers today. Cheaper than switching out the entire struts to match body color. Not bad for just decals. Got them off eBay.

Struts.png

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Stunning day, a high of 69! No way was I staying home! Our road finally dried out and so I just decided to go "somewhere"! Hadn't started it for 3 weeks. That is a record for me! Went to this small town of Rushville, NE. It is about 35 miles south. Population is under 1,000. My nephew's girlfriend opened a new business called the Farmhouse Coffee. Boy is it nice. She put it in a very old building, used to be a bank. Then a law office. Got a little upgrade, but kept some of the original stuff. Here are some pics:

View attachment 246460

View attachment 246461

View attachment 246462

This picture is of my great nephew who is graduating from high school this year.

View attachment 246463

I love this back room where all the old law books are still there. It makes a nice place to sit and drink coffee!

View attachment 246464

View attachment 246465

View attachment 246466

The old original safe from the bank. They now use this room for storage!

View attachment 246467

No secret, we live in Trump country!
That is simply an amazing place! I love the old decor and would a very nice place to stop in to!

·
Registered
84 Posts
So, last night I exchanged the rear diff oil (RP Max Gear) and the 6M Transmission fluid (Synchomax). Took it out for some exercise to warm up before the fluid exchange.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Started her up...moved her 25 ft or so, shut her down...

Checked and cleaned the catch can....reinstalled.......closed her all up.

May go for a drive tonight....we'll see.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The Shaker is OUT OF STORAGE! Streets are dry so I decided to bring it home and put it in the garage. Bad part is the wifey's Grand Cherokee is sitting in the driveway. So us guys know what that means. Programmed some settings and installed: touch-screen protector and steering wheel cover. I was going to install 3" blind spot mirrors but they seem too big. I will look for a pair of 2" mirrors and install them. More to do another day.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, just got back from rinsing the pollen off, rinsing/cleaning the brake dust off the rims (not sure which is worse, the pollen or the brake dust), and the obligatory run on the highway up to triple digits to dry her off........then back thru town for some light cruising......the high speed blow drying never takes long tho.......3-4 seconds maybe is all.

She now sits in the driveway, all clean and tucked in for the night.

·
Registered
419 Posts
FINALLY hand washed the Scat. First time since November. What a mess. I think we spent 10 minutes just getting leaves and seeds out of the cracks and crevices. The Car Guys Paint Sealer And their Hybrid Wax held up very well.
The bugs, sap, and pollen were as bad as anything I’ve washed after taking our Jeeps off-road lol. Happy to have gotten that done! Appreciated the MIL letting me use her car port as it is freaking hot!

6 more days until we move into our house! Our goods won’t be there until the 14th, but we can make due with camping chairs and a blow up mattress. Clean camping in a word!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed JLT Coolant Tank Overlay and Mopar splash guards now that the weather is a tad warmer. Splash guards look acceptable on a Destroyer Gray car. When it get's a little warmer, I'll tackle my Barton shifter.

23561 - 23580 of 23699 Posts