Dodge Challenger Forum banner

24821 - 24840 of 24953 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I installed my new air intake this weekend, sounds great and seat dyno feels like a torque improvement, gonna play around with improving the enclosure to isolate the filter from the engine bay air and then it's
time to start dressing up the engine... i'm thinking the custom billet store

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,806 Posts
Took a Labor Day cruise through downtown Manteno, IL and checked out the American Legion Post 755 Park and Pavillion located at the corner of Main and Third Street. The history of Post 755 goes back to 1933 when fifteen World War I veterans banded together and founded the post. In June of 1934 the American Legion granted a charter officially forming Manteno American Legion Post 755. Over the years they built this park, complete with cannons and a pavillion for all the residents of the town to use. These older displays with military equipment in them always catch our eyes whenever we see them while out driving around. 🤠 (y)

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Changed the spark plugs in Black Beauty these had to be the original plugs as they were very hard to get out they had very little if any anti sieze on them, took me about 3 hours to do it, I was in no hurry. I've had the iridium plugs close to a year just putting it off messing with it as it does get to your back after a while, it takes quite a few different length extensions to get the job done for the various locations. All the plugs gaps were good I removed except 2 were wider than they were supposed to be, can't tell any difference in the running of the car. Sure is different than the early shade tree days of 8 plugs vs the 16 for the HEMI today, feels nice to have it done though. Ry

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
I installed my new air intake this weekend, sounds great and seat dyno feels like a torque improvement, gonna play around with improving the enclosure to isolate the filter from the engine bay air and then it's View attachment 260381 time to start dressing up the engine... i'm thinking the custom billet store
Looks really good nice and clean, all business! :) Ry

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Looks really good nice and clean, all business! :) Ry
Thank you, i'm really on the fence on digging into dressing out the engine bay, but given that I probably won't keep the car more than another year ( looking to upgrade to a scat pak) I can't really justify the expense of all the billet items I want to add

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I emptied the half inch of stinky oil in the catch can, and topped off the washer fluid. And then I got totally soaked when I got out of the car to pick up my dinner.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
I took a beautiful drive in the new Scat before the grocery getting. Went south in the sandhills to Smith Lake. With a high of 61 today, I was in love with the weather. No wind, just a beautiful day to cruise! A few pics tonight, more tomorrow:

09961.JPG

09981.JPG

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
Are you going to put the OEM moulded Mopar splash guards on this one Betty? I'm glad I put them on mine as they really work well.
Yes, that is always my last negotiating point. I told them we had a deal if they included the splash guards! I caught them flat footed as the car came in earlier that expected and they were still waiting for the back set to come in. They are now in and I will return to the dealer and have them installed. Wouldn't be without them, they save you from that awful road rash.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
50,479 Posts
Gave it a bath and a spray detail, might be taking it out tomorrow night and I like to let it sit for a day just so all the water in the crevices where the blower does not get dries up.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
Got a little car time today. I changed out the floor mats and put in my Lloyd mats that I had with the '16. Nice to get those in the new car. They still look new, so I saved money there! I needed to program my garage door to the new car. So funny, took out my old (very old) opener, backed the car out of the garage, held the opener up to the garage opener button in the car for ONE SECOND, and it was programmed! THAT was easy! My old Stanley door opener, still going strong!
More stuff to do tomorrow..... Probably wash it for the first time.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Finally pulled Penelope out of the garage after a crappy colorado weather week and got some fresh air and crossed the magical 500 miles. Pulled a 4.0 zero to 60 at 7000 feet. Howdy dowdy this car pulls like a freight train. Not all that impressed with 1st gear so low until about 3k then hold on.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,699 Posts
I got in my new dash cam today. It's a Cobra SC201. I haven't installed it yet, because I want to play with it first in the house until I know how to use all of the features it has. Besides, the installation will take a whole five minutes once I find my round tuit...

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,868 Posts
I got in my new dash cam today. It's a Cobra SC201. I haven't installed it yet, because I want to play with it first in the house until I know how to use all of the features it has. Besides, the installation will take a whole five minutes once I find my round tuit...
My gift to you...................

NOW GET ON IT !!!!!

(and let me know how it works, as I've been shopping for them too...probably will put one in each of my 3 vehicles, and 2 of those 3 will have front & rear cams)

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,356 Posts
Adjusted the air pressure in tires of the Challenger.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
Washed the 2020 today. Was fun, a little different. The SRT spoiler might have kept some of the water out of the trunk lid. Didn't seem to be as much water running out of that, like the '16 Scat. The inside of the wheel wells had some kind of lettering/markings. First I used some rubbing alcohol, and it kind of worked, but then I went for the heavy duty stuff. The old fashioned nail polisher remover. THAT worked! Also had some markings on the tires that I had to remove. After washing, I finished with the new Ice Seal and Shine from Turtle Wax. Works great and I believe it will last a lot longer than a wax. Also faster. I put my HEMI valve stem covers on, and might put my Black Hills Challengers decal on later.

24821 - 24840 of 24953 Posts