·
Premium Member
95 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,868 Posts
This is what I did Saturday.

To go get this today Sunday. My New Project.

Old but very nice and clean under the dust. Almost 40 years old with 48,000 miles. Drove up to Leander, Tx to get this. Not quite 3.5hrs up, and the same back. About 700 Miles. Pal was not happy pulling the empty trailer up there. Only got 15.8 miles a gallon going. Couldn't understand why we got 19.8 to 20.9 coming back. Then looking out the back glass I think I know why. The faring on the bike was knifing through the wind. Of course I was safely doing 70-75 miles an hour. Meaning I had my Fuzz Buster on....;)
'Oh and I got 3 Likes!'

Maybe with the empty trailer bouncing around back there, some of the safety features (traction control, anti-sway, etc) kept working against you ??

And with weight in it, there was less bouncing/vibration, so those systems didn't kick in and affect you on the way back ?

I can't see the fairing overcoming the extra weight that well.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,868 Posts
View attachment 260706
So, track day yesterday wore out my pads a little more than I hoped for. Fortunately, everything turned out okay, and the rotors are perfectly fine. I will replace these pads more frequently in the future. Though it is likely I will upgrade to a big brake kit next year. Test drive on the new pads (EBC Yellowstuff) revealed good brakes engagement. My last set of pads lasted three track days (about 12 x 20min sessions) and one year of daily driving (about 16k miles).
These pads combined with high temp brake fluid and EBC dimpled and slotted rotors have made my Challenger R/T capable of braking with far more confidence on track.

WHAT brakes ? All I see are some fancy new yellow & pink brakes pads, and some black metal shims.......

Dude, you definitely got your monies worth (and then some) out of the old ones.....

·
Trigger657
1,878 Posts
Maybe with the empty trailer bouncing around back there, some of the safety features (traction control, anti-sway, etc) kept working against you ??

And with weight in it, there was less bouncing/vibration, so those systems didn't kick in and affect you on the way back ?

I can't see the fairing overcoming the extra weight that well.
It's not the weight but the wind resistance. The bike I brought back weights about 700lbs. Going up-state I kept doing resets on the mileage and it always stayed the same at 15.8 - 15.9. Then on the way back it was giving me a constant 18.9 - 20.9.The reason I say that is because without the bike the wind hits the 3'x4' ramp that sits straight up...

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 6M
110 Posts
WHAT brakes ? All I see are some fancy new yellow & pink brakes pads, and some black metal shims.......

Dude, you definitely got your monies worth (and then some) out of the old ones.....
Stock brake calipers, EBC dimpled and slotted rotors. Rotors were fine. I agree, definitely did not waste any pad. I won't risk running them that low again, but at least it worked out okay this time.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,868 Posts
It's not the weight but the wind resistance. The bike I brought back weights about 700lbs. Going up-state I kept doing resets on the mileage and it always stayed the same at 15.8 - 15.9. Then on the way back it was giving me a constant 18.9 - 20.9.The reason I say that is because without the bike the wind hits the 3'x4' ramp that sits straight up...
If the ramp were solid, I might agree, but with it being expanded metal that air can flow thru.....not so sure.

I know weird stuff happens......going to my parents in FL or my daughters in GA, I get worse mpg on the way down than I do on the way back...every time, and I drive the same way (cruise set at the speed limit) both ways...Ram or Challenger......does not matter.

I guess FL & GA are uphill from VA.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
When I changed the rear spoiler to the Redeye spoiler with it's angled curve there was no true way to remount my original Challenger and R/T logo emblems, so I wanted at least something on the rear that said Challenger.

So I replaced the Dodge emblems on the rear between the tail lights and replaced them with a Chrome Challenger Script emblem, it helped that Dodge already had alignment marks back there.

The next undertaking was considerably more difficult as I had two HEMI emblems on my hood factory set, almost every R/T has those, and when it comes to waxing the hood those freaking emblems are just in the way and always required extra work cleaning the wax from around them.

So they are now gone and removing them was a total pain in removing the adhesive left behind, in the process I used WD40 as a first adhesive loosener, which worked very well, then cleaned up the rest of the residue and removed the WD40 with 91% Rubbing Alcohol, both will not hurt the paint.

Then I used medium grade polishing compound and plenty of elbow grease to blend in the area seeing as how under the HEMI emblems had never had sunlight on that paint, It looks really good but I still want to run a buffer over it. Finished off with Carnuba wax and the hood now looks really good!

Well I still wanted the HEMI logo somewhere on the Challenger so I added it below the 5.7L on the front side fender.

Now it's time to clean those rims again! Ry

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
I am going to Rapid City today to get the splash guards installed on my new Scat and the bright pedal kit. Got a few questions on the touch screen too. Didn't have time to go over all that when I picked up the car. They were swamped the day before Labor Day weekend. I started reading the media section of the owners manual and my eyes just started glazing over.......

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,806 Posts
I am going to Rapid City today to get the splash guards installed on my new Scat and the bright pedal kit. Got a few questions on the touch screen too. Didn't have time to go over all that when I picked up the car. They were swamped the day before Labor Day weekend. I started reading the media section of the owners manual and my eyes just started glazing over.......
Put up some photos of your interior sometime Betty, would like to see that! Splash guards too! :)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
50,483 Posts
I decided that the Airbox needed a lid since it doesn’t seal against the hood.
After a couple evenings of carving foam and laying up carbon fiber I now have a lid on my airbox.

View attachment 260881
Looks , really good, how does it attach and remove?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Sweet !

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,153 Posts
Took it to Pocono Raceway for some track time. The weather was perfect! The other cars on the track were amazing! Corvettes, Porsches, Camaros, Chargers, Mustangs, Mercedes AMGs, Alfa Romeos and a really nice Challenger Hellcat Redeye!
Some are these cars were super fast and hitting 170 mph! I was impressed. (y)
I had a blast.

IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1194.JPG Pocono track day 9-16-20.JPG Top speed Pocono 9-16-20.jpg

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
Oh goody John!!! That is wonderful!!! Get that beast out more often!!! So happy you had some challenger time!!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,153 Posts
Oh goody John!!! That is wonderful!!! Get that beast out more often!!! So happy you had some challenger time!!
Thanks Betty! I even surprised my wife by purchasing a stock car ride along for her. She loved it!

IMG_1189.JPG

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,414 Posts
Put up some photos of your interior sometime Betty, would like to see that! Splash guards too! :)
I will try later to get some new pics of the interior/ splash guards. They look very nice, they were installed perfectly, and the bright pedals look great. My understanding is that they had a guy named Leonard do this work. He started working there at age 18, and he is now 62. Apparently their go to guy! I was treated very nice yesterday. Got a nice Jeep Cherokee to drive while they did the work. Talked to a few guys in the shop. For some reason, there are a lot of people there that know who I am! My 2016 Scat is for sale, and they have had some interest. I was lucky that my title arrived the day before yesterday, so on the way home, I got to get it licensed with the same plate! Good to go now. I took some pictures yesterday, but not many. The smoke from the fires out west makes it difficult to get good pics. Here is one in the Black Hills, the fall colors are just starting.

10671.JPG

24861 - 24880 of 24953 Posts