Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25121 - 25140 of 25154 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Example: Came home from working with my Dad on his boat one time. I was about 13 years old. Been out about 3-4 weeks. My little bike (Suzuki 50) Won't start. Up and coming mechanically minded kid I was. I pulled the head off. Got a thick stick and a hammer. Put the stick on the top of the piston and knocked the sh---t out of it. Put it back together went riding. Bike didn't last long for some reason. Had to upgrade....🤷‍♀️
That is wayyy too funny! I've done a few things like that as well. When all else fails...get the stick, the hammer, or both! There were a couple of times I sent things across the yard, but that was too costly.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,551 Posts
10/4 Will Do. Tannnks
I always open the hood after I pull the car in the garage when I am done washing it. Give everything a nice wipe down, sure keeps it nice and clean.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,607 Posts

Upgraded the NOCO GB40 I bought last month to an Audew jumpstart booster. The GB40 is 1000 amps - good for jumpstarting vehicles with up to a 6.0L gas engine / 3.0L diesel engine which makes it adequate for my 5.7L R/T. But I wanted to upgrade to a 2000 amp NOCO GB70, good for up to an 8.0L gas engine / 6.0L diesel engine. At $200, I was waiting for Amazon Prime Day when the price would lower to $127.

But when Amazon posted the 2000 amp Audew on sale this weekend for $67 (normally $97), I couldn't resist. The Audew will crank any size gasoline engine and up to an 8.4L diesel and I just love having more power than I need. And since I just bought a new battery, the new boost starter will probably live in the trunk for a long time before I use it for the first time.

The GB40 now goes into the trunk of my BMW X1.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thanks for the detailed writeup. Was hoping to not to have to drop the headliner.
Ron, if you need the write up, I found it for a 2015 Challenger posted from a member named Aaron. I copied it and kept it since it's the same as for the 2016 YM, but I also have it on the Mopar Tech Authority CD. I'm unsure if it's the very same as your year model. Unfortunately, you'll have to drop the headliner, but takes very few tools. It's not the most difficult thing I've ever had to do to a car, but it is time consuming. The most aggravating part was to align the screw holes with the screws for the over head pull straps over the front door windows. The screws go in at an angle and a pain! Additionally, I'm 6'1" and it's cramped in the back seat. If this helps, attached is the write-up I found in the forum. I've made some clarifications from my experience.

First #1 and #2, Pop off the little caps with trim tool and remove these 2 Hex head screws. #3 has a little tab to pop off; there is also a screw in there. Once you pop #6 out a bit (see below further down), you can get to a Phillips head screw that is hiding behind the lower part (behind the circle at #4 below).

If you lower the rear seats you will see a push rivet right here at #5.

Once you remove #5, you can start popping out the whole side #6. It has no screws that are needed to be removed, and you just need to pull it out enough to access screw number #4 from the first picture.

This is a picture of the inside of #6; those gold pieces are the only things that need to be popped out.

Next is the rear piece by the rear window. This considered the C-pillar trim. I labeled it as #7, it just pops out as well, BUT.... the 2 points I labeled at #8, they pop out then you have to slide them off of the plastic piece. These small black plastic pieces are called tethers. You’ll need something to push in a small black tab and the push the end of the tether out of the metal tab (the two small circles). Set Piece #7 to the side.

Next is the plastic piece right in the middle of the car by the back glass covering the CHMSL. This piece like the others is just popped on. The back 2 came out really easy. Then stick your hand way in there and apply pressure to pop the front 2 out. Being careful not to break anything... didn't like this part, front 2 required a good bit of pressure. NOTE: Mine came out without a lot of pulling. Just be careful and pull straight down.

#10 is showing the inside part of #9, did this so you can see the 4 push pins.

To the left and right of number #9, the headliner is being held up by these push pins that are pushed into the metal part of the roof of the car. Just reach your hand in there and pry in middle of plastic piece and the metal.

At this point you should have nearly 1 side of the car done... Don’t try to stick your hand in and grab the light just yet! Next thing you want to do is repeat all these steps to the other side. We are doing this to release as much pressure off of the headliner as to not mess it up!

Next will be the pull handles in the roof. Didn't take a picture before I already removed them, but the little plastic pieces just pop up, and slide them down to middle of handle, and there will be 2 star bit screws to remove this.

At this point you want to easily reach your hand into the part closest to the lights. You will see number #14, which is just a connector, however it is glued to the headliner... what I did was use a serrated bladed kitchen knife and easily pried/ cut the glue out... the glue is a slightly soft glue, not like super glue that is super hard! Be careful not to rip up in headliner. After you do this, you can go to the bottom side of your light, and pop off the outside ring, being careful not to break them. NOTE: My headliner had a lot of glue holding down the connector and I was unable to remove the glue, so I had to cut the wires.

Once you unplug #14 from the light, you can now remove your light.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
View attachment 262576
View attachment 262577 View attachment 262578
Upgraded the NOCO GB40 I bought last month to an Audew jumpstart booster. The GB40 is 1000 amps - good for jumpstarting vehicles with up to a 6.0L gas engine / 3.0L diesel engine which makes it adequate for my 5.7L R/T. But I wanted to upgrade to a 2000 amp NOCO GB70, good for up to an 8.0L gas engine / 6.0L diesel engine. At $200, I was waiting for Amazon Prime Day when the price would lower to $127.

But when Amazon posted the 2000 amp Audew on sale this weekend for $67 (normally $97), I couldn't resist. The Audew will crank any size gasoline engine and up to an 8.4L diesel and I just love having more power than I need. And since I just bought a new battery, the new boost starter will probably live in the trunk for a long time before I use it for the first time.

The GB40 now goes into the trunk of my BMW X1.
I have the NOCO GB40 as well. So far, it's done great. It seems you found a good deal there. I've needed only one booster so far, though.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,551 Posts
Took another beautiful fall drive today. This will be the last nice fall day, as the weather is going to get much colder and the fall colors will be gone. So glad I was able to get this drive in. Stunning day! I will be putting up a thread tomorrow.

14061.JPG

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Took another beautiful fall drive today. This will be the last nice fall day, as the weather is going to get much colder and the fall colors will be gone. So glad I was able to get this drive in. Stunning day! I will be putting up a thread tomorrow.

View attachment 262630
Ahhhhh....stunning indeed! I'm jealous! BTW, did you get the mud flaps installed at the dealer? Are they OEM?

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,551 Posts
Ahhhhh....stunning indeed! I'm jealous! BTW, did you get the mud flaps installed at the dealer? Are they OEM?
Yes, OEM, and they were installed by the dealer. They did a perfect job.

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody
118 Posts
Hellcat airbox swap complete! The whole swap took about 15 mins once I got those stinkin torx screws out. Now it’s all buttoned up and ready to go.
On a side note, after the test drive, I noticed that the ambient intake temp was only 1-2 degrees different than the outside air temp. So the intake is definitely benefiting from the cooler air coming thru the headlight intake.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
173 Posts
Nothing , was going to wash it but it is too windy today, it would have been dusty by noon.
That’s the thing about black vehicles. I own two, so I know what you go through. Windy here too, 20-30 with gusts way above that.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,056 Posts
That’s the thing about black vehicles. I own two, so I know what you go through. Windy here too, 20-30 with gusts way above that.
Yes and the garage is not sealed that well plus the wife is in and out of it today.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Installed New BMR strut brace, now I'm just waiting for my billet technologies Catch can set-up and strut covers to show up. little by little but its getting there
Strut Brace.jpg

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T 6M
113 Posts

Rear brakes need love too sometimes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bought a stablemate for my Challenger; 2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude in Sting Gray, which has the same paint code as the Challenger's Destroyer Gray. Notice the gray trim on the doors, windows and walls in my garage. Oh yeah, my house is also gray. Did I tell you I like gray? The little hair I have left is gray too!

·
Registered
113 Posts

Put on my coilover socks and bought Blizzaks. Getting because I winter it in the snow of north Idaho.

Mopar or no car!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bought a stablemate for my Challenger; 2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude in Sting Gray, which has the same paint code as the Challenger's Destroyer Gray. Notice the gray trim on the doors, windows and walls in my garage. Oh yeah, my house is also gray. Did I tell you I like gray? The little hair I have left is gray too!
View attachment 262892
Now that's a fine garage!!! Great choices!

·
Registered
58 Posts
oil changes and parked it for the winter
We had enough snow here in NH's White Mountains to make a mini-snowman this morning, but it's still way too early to put the Challenger to bed. I know it's time when the DOT salt spreaders roll!

25121 - 25140 of 25154 Posts