Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25141 - 25154 of 25154 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,551 Posts
Yes and the garage is not sealed that well plus the wife is in and out of it today.
Corbin, have you thought about using a car cover in the garage? I do all the time, and it sort of frees me up to wash the car when I want to, not just right before a road trip, or car cruise. If I didn't have the cover, my car would always get dirty, even in the garage. But of course I live in the country, so there is more dust/dirt here.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,953 Posts
Went out for a drive tonight, and found something new out...........

Never could figure out how to power brake to warm up the tires...engine would always shut down after 1-2 seconds.......

Well, I was testing how much wheel spin I get under normal traction control and sport, and with both rapid acceleration and just simply matting it (track is just stupid...you bounce off the limiter too much)

I found out if you get the wheels spinning and then touch the brake just enough to slow forward movement, you can literally roast the tires......I had to let off as the rear tires were so hot it was starting to feel like I was on ice after less than 5 seconds of tire spin....

Went back thru after the smoke cleared, and man, 2 nice thick black marks for at least 4 car lengths......

(yeah, feeling like a kid again....)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,056 Posts
Took it to Walmart to pick up some flavored water as they were out of my flavor yesterday And they still were so I got a couple of bottles of strawberry Cream and cherry vanilla . Also got a calzone for a lunch this week .

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,565 Posts
Well, the weather forecast last night was 80% chance of rain all day today... Woke up this AM and it was around 20%, with about 45 % around 10AM....With the rain last night, it was not a Cuda morning, so the Challenger got the call to do Cars n Coffee - Trunk or Treat Edition today... on the way home i stopped by this to snap a few shots....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Bought this hood from mrwfb Bill 14 months ago. Finally installed it need to do the hood pins and decide on paint. I dont think flat black will work on my car.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,958 Posts
Bought this hood from mrwfb Bill 14 months ago. Finally installed it need to do the hood pins and decide on paint. I dont think flat black will work on my car.
View attachment 262979
Looks like it fits well and I've always been partial to that "P51" style scoop. I also agree with painting it to match your body color so you keep the "old skool" look! Does it use the OEM hood latch assembly to hold it closed?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,056 Posts
Looks like it fits well and I've always been partial to that "P51" style scoop. I also agree with painting it to match your body color so you keep the "old skool" look! Does it use the OEM hood latch assembly to hold it closed?
Old school look would be flat , matte black .

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,958 Posts
Old school look would be flat , matte black .
You're certainly correct on that, thanks for correcting me as well as educating me at the same time. :)

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
639 Posts
Installed the LED heads & resisters/decoders, nice & white 6000k, started car no flickering & no codes. I think they are brighter than HID. Next LED tail/stop/turn.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,551 Posts
If you replace the R/T stripe with a black T/A Stripe, flat black the hood and top of the header panel, it would complete the look I think you are going for anyway.
Agree with your assessment. That would look great!

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL
25141 - 25154 of 25154 Posts