Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25301 - 25320 of 25342 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bedded the Challenger down for the wintah here in NH waaaay over on the far side of the garage. The tank is full, tires pumped up to 40lbs and battery maintainer all set to connect in a couple more weeks. 14,774 miles and will be three years old when she wakes upin April!

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
177 Posts
Also put the car away for the winter. Later than previous years due to the mild weather this fall. Contacted the insurance company to let them know to reduce the coverage to comp only.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,219 Posts
Today was a pretty decent day - Sunny in the morning and up in the high 40's in the afternoon with clouds rolling in, so after we got the yardwork done about 3:00pm we jumped in the Li' Twister for a cruise. We started out by heading West towards Dwight, IL on State Rt. 17 West. After getting to Dwight, we hooked up with Old Rt. 66 and headed Northbound running through the rural countryside with all the rural small towns along the way. The sun was just setting as we rolled into Wilmington, IL and passed by The Launching Pad Drive In with the Gemini Giant. I quickly pulled a "U-ie" and, even though it was getting dark, decided to try and grab a photo-op . Here's a couple of them...if you look closely, old Mr. Gemini is holding an American flag in his right hand! He's certainly not "Leaning Left" like some of these politicians lately, he's standing straight and tall and FULL of American Pride!

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
594 Posts
Quick turn and astonishing service by the centerforce team, clutch is back today ready to go in, looks like a new floater design,
1100 miles an Centerforce clutch ready to go back for there review, no oil leaks, heavy slipping found drive hub clutch to be .032" off from inside paddle to outside, pressure plate uneven, an floater warped..
View attachment 264772

While out was able to weld in my bung for the production grade wideband , install harness in car. Wired up adapter for hptuners proline cable , custom mounted into glove compartment an wired enough you can only out when needed
View attachment 264775

View attachment 264776
Update, centerforce did a quick turn on new clutch, looks to be different floater design, an surface to the pressurplate. Installed this am,

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Looks good! Great image on the puddle lights. might I ask where you bought them

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,054 Posts
Nice work, what tips are you using? How involved was it to switch them out from the stock?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,794 Posts
Washed up the Challenger this afternoon after that nice long 250 mile drive on Friday. Was cool outside, but nice and calm. Enjoyed getting outside for a while! Another pic from Friday:

95421.JPG

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody
131 Posts
Looks good! Great image on the puddle lights. might I ask where you bought them
Thanks!! I got them off Amazon. My fiance ordered them for my for my Bday so I don't know how much they were total but the brand is Eastfly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice work, what tips are you using? How involved was it to switch them out from the stock?
These are Mopar quad tips #82214613. The best price I could find on them was from Bamwholesaleparts.com
It wasn't hard to switch out the tips. Just loosen the clamp, take a rubber mallet and give the existing tip a good wack to loosen the tip up and put the new one on, get it lined up and tighten the clamp. Torque the clamp to 24 ft/lbs and you're done. I think it took me 30 mins to do the tips once I figured out how to get the old one off.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,054 Posts
These are Mopar quad tips #82214613. The best price I could find on them was from Bamwholesaleparts.com
Thanks, those use to say R/T 5.7 only, glad they fit a scat pack must put on Christmas list.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks, those use to say R/T 5.7 only, glad they fit a scat pack must put on Christmas list.
Yeah, the tips fit any Challenger since the stock exhaust pipe is the same for all.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
notice any change in the sound after changing the tips?

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
594 Posts
Clutch is back in. Long day today but worth the hard work, test drive an 0 clutch smell, shifting great, now in 500 mile break-in period, afr500v2 works great on 1st test. Inspected the dss driveshaft all my arp hardware flawless, level 5 axles no issues allen bolts @Torque, Inspected the solid mounts (craddle an differential) and all jam nuts and hemi-s n the bmr hardware

Also rebuild the huge 2 pc rear shaft on wifes 2500 4x4 lb 4 door, 3 new aam u joints, carrier bearing , boot, and bolts topped off with fresh coat black ⚫ rustoleum paint

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had today off and the weather was decent today for a change and recently purchased Dr. Beasley's complete automotive kit and Mothers Wheel/Tire Foam w/brush, so figured today was a good time to try them out and put the T/A into winter hibernation afterwards. Did the wheels/tires first and onto the matte finish and the rest of the exterior. Spent about two hours total with washing/detailing and micro toweling just as it got dark while listening to some classic rock 'n roll and having a drink or two.

·
Registered
16 PC 392 Shaker•Barton Short Throw•Mid & Active Delete•Catch Can•Skip Elim•Cat Intake•SRT Wheels
43 Posts
Uncovered her and after Thanksgiving dinner took 2 of my siblings for a short (but quick 😳🥴) afternoon drive. Added some LED's to the footwells and trunk yesterday. Planning to add some in the Shaker tomorrow.

25301 - 25320 of 25342 Posts