Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25701 - 25720 of 25766 Posts

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
New graphics.. I think they sent the wrong color.. but it is a different shade and different over all size/shape..... not hating it.. lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,938 Posts
fired up the challenger ,let it get up to temp and shut it down. won't be long now winter 's half over:cool:

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,711 Posts
New graphics.. I think they sent the wrong color.. but it is a different shade and different over all size/shape..... not hating it.. lol
Color looks good and I like the way it transitions upward and back into the upper rear quarter flowing with the factory styling crease in the quarter. I say it's rightous!

·
5,416 Posts
Color looks good and I like the way it transitions upward and back into the upper rear quarter flowing with the factory styling crease in the quarter. I say it's rightous!
Thank you!!

Reactions: Derecho

·
Business
21,288 Posts
Went out to the garage and lightly wiped him down and then opened the door to go out and shovel the 7" of heavy, wet snow we received overnight. The last photo shows our "pecking order" for parking in the drive around here perfectly! Note that after raising it, my new garage door dropped a mini-snow clump onto the rear spoiler and deck lid - will have to get to the bottom of that issue. :eek:

View attachment 270395 View attachment 270396
Looks like your Challenger is on life support too!

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆ '16 SPS•392 M6 3.90•Barton•Mid/Active Delete•Catch Can•Skip Elim•Mopar Intake•7Y Wheels
200 Posts

·
5,416 Posts
Looks great. What size tires did you go with?
Thanks !! I reused the ones I had... 275/40/20 in front... 305/35/20... in rear....

Reactions: Thumper

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,327 Posts
Put in my BMR rear strut brace........and managed to do it without getting in the trunk, altho I did have to get my fat butt in the back seat several times.

It didn't take that long really, but I was waffling over how to cut the side panels and get it to look good.

And the push pin style christmas tree fasteners are a royal PITA to get out as there's nothing really to pry against to ease them out to minimize the damage so they can be re-used.

The pins I had ordered, based on part #, are too small to use...so I got a 13 of them now.....and with shipping, it's not worth returning them. (Mopar part no. 6505411AA is on them, but they are too small, head and shank both). Luckily, I was able to re-use all of mine.....

Anyway, here are some pics...........I may take it back out and paint it in grey hammertone paint to match better....but we'll see, as the black mat does tie it in well ...

The 'seat of the pants feel' is that it has stiffened things up enough to notice during quick side to side maneuvers, and it seems to break loose sooner (less chassis flex maybe ?)....but this was just during a short drive as a feeler....

·
Registered
153 Posts
The pins I had ordered, based on part #, are too small to use...so I got a 13 of them now.....and with shipping, it's not worth returning them. (Mopar part no. 6505411AA is on them, but they are too small, head and shank both). Luckily, I was able to re-use all of mine.....
I have a 3rd try to get the right size coming, but ordered based on that part no.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Finally changed out the rear rotors and pads for the slotted rotors and carbon fiber pads, the drivers side rear was finally metal to metal so it was definitely time to do it. The rear had been put off at the time of getting the full set of rotors and pads because of the ordeal discovered doing the front.

When I was changing out the front over a year ago I discovered the drivers side wheel bearing was bad so I went ahead and replaced both front wheel bearings and then installed the new rotors and pads. Then during test driving discovered the drivers side caliper was dragging on the new rotors and had to also order and replace that. So since the rear at the time was in good shape it got postponed.

Went to get a burger Monday and driving by the wall at Wendy's I could hear the drivers rear pad dragging on the rotor so it was time, went home ate and changed the drivers side Monday. Did not have enough daylight left to do the passenger side, so I did that side yesterday and all is well again. The parking brake which is hardly ever used on my Challenger looked good so I cleaned them up real good and reused them. The parking brake is on the inside of the rotor as it is shaped on the rear like a drum brake design with the parking brake inside the drum section.

:) Ry

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Finally changed out the rear rotors and pads for the slotted rotors and carbon fiber pads, the drivers side rear was finally metal to metal so it was definitely time to do it. The rear had been put off at the time of getting the full set of rotors and pads because of the ordeal discovered doing the front.

When I was changing out the front over a year ago I discovered the drivers side wheel bearing was bad so I went ahead and replaced both front wheel bearings and then installed the new rotors and pads. Then during test driving discovered the drivers side caliper was dragging on the new rotors and had to also order and replace that. So since the rear at the time was in good shape it got postponed.

Went to get a burger Monday and driving by the wall at Wendy's I could hear the drivers rear pad dragging on the rotor so it was time, went home ate and changed the drivers side Monday. Did not have enough daylight left to do the passenger side, so I did that side yesterday and all is well again. The parking brake which is hardly ever used on my Challenger looked good so I cleaned them up real good and reused them. The parking brake is on the inside of the rotor as it is shaped on the rear like a drum brake design with the parking brake inside the drum section.

:) Ry
They are the Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Rotors and Pads

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,327 Posts
They are the Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Rotors and Pads

Any reason you didn't go with the Z26's ?

I'm looing at rotors & pads all around mainly due to the dusting....but the front rotors are not long for replacement anyway.

25701 - 25720 of 25766 Posts