Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25721 - 25740 of 25766 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Any reason you didn't go with the Z26's ?

I'm looing at rotors & pads all around mainly due to the dusting....but the front rotors are not long for replacement anyway.
Actually they were recommended for my needs as I don't do a lot of high speed driving requiring extremely short stopping distance, I do a lot of 0 ~ 60 runs but being able to run a quarter mile and build that much speed is few and far between, and if I got that opportunity it would not be multiple back to back runs with quick stops.

So far the Z23s have performed just fine for my needs and as far as dusting is concerned not changing the rear a year ago has definitely shown the difference regarding dusting from the stock to the Z23s, as my front rims are always clean and the rears were always dusty, but now I can clean them up real good and they'll stay that way.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆ '16 SPS•392 M6 3.90•Barton•Mid/Active Delete•Catch Can•Skip Elim•Mopar Intake•7Y Wheels
200 Posts
Drove her to work today for the first time in a while. Partly sunny 66° rode through town on the way home with the windows down. Never seem to turn on the radio. I'd rather listen to the exhaust.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
Unhooked the battery tender and started the Challenger up to circulate the oil and coolant. Let it run for a half hour and moved it back and forth to help with flat spots on tires. After shutoff, hooked the battery tender back up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The pins I had ordered, based on part #, are too small to use...so I got a 13 of them now.....and with shipping, it's not worth returning them. (Mopar part no. 6505411AA is on them, but they are too small, head and shank both). Luckily, I was able to re-use all of mine.....
I never get the right size. I don't think the part # is correct, but it's what always shows up.

I finally ordered an assortment and got some that fit. They need to be for a 9mm hole.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Unhooked the battery tender and started the Challenger up to circulate the oil and coolant. Let it run for a half hour and moved it back and forth to help with flat spots on tires. After shutoff, hooked the battery tender back up.
Will be doing this to mine early next week. So cold and icy here. Two weeks before we see any big changes to the weather.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,327 Posts
Got to check it out while on the lift at the dealer.....

Stopped by to see how things were going with the rear diff replacement, and the service dude wasn't there, but the SRT tech came out and took me back to show me some stuff, and talk about what he did. Also showed me what needed to be done to go with a single piece driveshaft vice the stock one, and told me to bring a big zip-loc bag with me when I pick the car up, and he'd give me a quart of diff lube he still had left.....

He showed me some other little stuff he took care of to for me, like getting the exhaust tips to line up better with the body cut outs (they stuck out just a wee bit too far).

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Smoke Show 6 speed manual
55 Posts
I went in the garage and opened the overhead door and I could hear it laughing at me! " Go ahead old man! You don't take me out in the snow, but if you are willing to dig me out, what the hell!?!?" So I cleared a little snow away so door would not freeze and I went back in the house!! View attachment 271426
Wow ! But "she" still shines !
Little snow in my part of Maryland. I added some badging today.
student driver.jpg

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L
145 Posts
I went in the garage and opened the overhead door and I could hear it laughing at me! " Go ahead old man! You don't take me out in the snow, but if you are willing to dig me out, what the hell!?!?" So I cleared a little snow away so door would not freeze and I went back in the house!! View attachment 271426
Bagger, do you have these conversations with your car often ?

·
Registered
2018 Challenger RT Scat Pack
1,136 Posts
I drove the Scat into work in Tampa yesterday. First time in over two weeks since the surgery. Wanted to drive Sunday but was still unable to move my head side to side all the way and left it parked.

Took my favorite, twisty back country road both ways. Had a BALL!

A gent at work has a Granite SRT392 and now there is a Granite SXT there too! Kinda funny. Nobody parks together as the lot is pretty big and everyone is way far away from everyone else.

Side note: I talked to my sister in Texas on the way home. Good to catch up with her and hear how they are surviving this storm. Rolling blackouts in Bulverde, but they are ok. The Uconnect setup works so well, she could hear me just fine even with my currently raspy voice and the sound of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Did a little more work on the engine bay and played with the Hp Tuner
IMG_0749_edited_edited.jpg

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
Started up the Scat today and backed it out of the garage. Let it run for about 30 minutes while I swept out the garage. Nice day, it was 21 degrees! Felt like summer! It hasn't been above freezing since February 3rd. Last time I drove the car was January 31st. Hope it will go above freezing by Friday.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
25721 - 25740 of 25766 Posts