·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L
145 Posts
Took it over to another paint shop for another estimate. Unfortunately, it looks like paint will cost 10-15 G where ever I take it.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
I got an email the other day that Wheeler is building a new place in Knoxville.
Thanks for the update! Those guys are all over the place buying up dealers! I turned 66 in November, so when I leave Voss, I will not be looking for further employment!! I will check it out though, because I learned long ago to never say never!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I paid a coworker to dig it out of the snow tomb it was in, and while that was happening, I called Sirius to get them to reactivate my radio, and then made sure the latest version of my music USB stuff worked ok. They said there was going to be 2 to 4 inches of snow today, but I looked out there and my car was as clear as it was at 930am.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Backed him out of the garage for a short warm up..ran the fan and a/c for a bit, then listened to that sweet rumbling sound...March 20th is first day of spring...can't come fast enough.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,600 Posts
Took it out to run some errands. When I came out to start it, at the 2nd stop
a check engine light, the traction control light off light was on and a message that the acc cruise control was unavailable and it was in limp mode. Made to the last stop. When I came out and restarted it only check engine light was on and no limp mode. I guess I have a speed sensor going out. I will hook the scanner up later. Wonder if they are part of the powertrain warranty, have to look that up.

·
Administrator
53,600 Posts
Yup it is covered, nice.
So it was not a wheel speed sensor, apparently the CEL came from the crankshaft position sensor. Seeing as it restarted twice and ran twice with no issues I cleared the codes. Today I started it twice no CEL or issues. I will just keep an eye on it. Weird

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,327 Posts
Picked it up from the dealer.......gonna have to keep an eye on it now for noises or drivetrain play and such with the new diff............

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
This past Sunday I went to start my Hellcat. Since it is parked during the winter and covered and never driven I go through the routine of exercising the clutch and brakes and running the engine long enough to heat up and watch the thermostat operate. I hadn't started the car since the 11th of January and all went well then. Sunday however there was barely enough power in the battery to turn the engine over a few seconds on and she fired up. I noticed on my display that the clock was at 12:00, the performance pages did not work and I received a message saying I had lost u-connect services. So after talking with Dodge I found out that the performance pages do require u-connect, i need a newer version downloaded for it, and naturally I know that since the battery was 5 years old it about time it is replaced. In January everything was fine and I attribute these occurrences to a failed battery. I was asked also how long I had been using the performance pages etc. and told them since I purchased the car in 2017 and that it was working well last month. My Hellcat has an extended warranty and when the weather breaks and the roads are salt free I will make an appointment to have my yearly oil and filter change, update the software , install a new battery and make sure my u-connect is restored and my performance pages work again. I also must explain that between January and this past sunday we have been below zero ( not really rare) and hadn't been up to 32 degrees in a month. Am I correct to assume that his is all battery related? It worked great in January when it was much warmer.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
This past Sunday I went to start my Hellcat. Since it is parked during the winter and covered and never driven I go through the routine of exercising the clutch and brakes and running the engine long enough to heat up and watch the thermostat operate. I hadn't started the car since the 11th of January and all went well then. Sunday however there was barely enough power in the battery to turn the engine over a few seconds on and she fired up. I noticed on my display that the clock was at 12:00, the performance pages did not work and I received a message saying I had lost u-connect services. So after talking with Dodge I found out that the performance pages do require u-connect, i need a newer version downloaded for it, and naturally I know that since the battery was 5 years old it about time it is replaced. In January everything was fine and I attribute these occurrences to a failed battery. I was asked also how long I had been using the performance pages etc. and told them since I purchased the car in 2017 and that it was working well last month. My Hellcat has an extended warranty and when the weather breaks and the roads are salt free I will make an appointment to have my yearly oil and filter change, update the software , install a new battery and make sure my u-connect is restored and my performance pages work again. I also must explain that between January and this past sunday we have been below zero ( not really rare) and hadn't been up to 32 degrees in a month. Am I correct to assume that his is all battery related? It worked great in January when it was much warmer.
Good to see you back, Wayne! Time for a battery tender!

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Administrator
53,600 Posts
Welcome back Wayne, I agree with Dan you need a battery tender and a new battery.

25741 - 25760 of 25766 Posts