Dodge Challenger Forum banner

25941 - 25960 of 26979 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,241 Posts
I reached out to the Dodge Garage explaining I had just purchased a 2015 SRT and to ask if I could buy a voucher to attend the SRT Track Experience. They asked me to send my VIN to see if the voucher had been redeemed.

Just got their reply:

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 7:09 AM
To: HemiMetal
Subject:RE: Bought a used Hellcat

Good news – that VIN hasn’t been used for the SRT Experience.

You can submit it to redeem the class, but will need to upload proof of ownership when you do.
Your name is not attached to the vehicle in the owner database, so we’ll need to see current proof of insurance listing both the VIN and your name.

Please let us know the date you took delivery as well – you can list that in the “do you have health restrictions” section of the form you need to submit.

Once we have all of the info needed, we’ll send you an approval, send your info to Bondurant, and they’ll reach out to begin your scheduling process.

Thank you!

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Took her out for a little joy ride to acclimate myself to paddle shifting which is something I had never done in any car before. I enjoyed it.
The paddle shifters are a bit intimidating to me. I messed with them once, but didn't want to go there until I put more miles on the vehicle. If you don't mind my asking:
1. Does the transmission downshift automatically when using paddle mode?
2. If I'm in Sport mode, can I use the + paddle to shift it into 8th gear without actually going into paddle mode? If that makes any sense. I suppose I'd have to be in paddle mode to shift, so...
3. I went into STP to activate the paddles. Does paddle mode activate via touch of the paddle?

·
Premium Member
19,091 Posts
The paddle shifters are a bit intimidating to me. I messed with them once, but didn't want to go there until I put more miles on the vehicle. If you don't mind my asking:
2. If I'm in Sport mode, can I use the + paddle to shift it into 8th gear without actually going into paddle mode? If that makes any sense. I suppose I'd have to be in paddle mode to shift, so...
3. I went into STP to activate the paddles. Does paddle mode activate via touch of the paddle?
Not at all. However, I haven't changed modes yet so I can't answer # 2 and # 3 but the tranny does automatically downshift as the car slows down when using the paddles.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,217 Posts
Today it got a bath and I treated the rocker panels, rear valance, taillight surround, splitter and grille surround with 303 aerospace protectant.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
387 Posts
Nothing. Put new tires on the truck. Waiting on parts to do a 2" level, new tie rod, and alignment. The car is next!
Uhh... the tires, not the lift...

·
Registered
170 Posts
1. It will downshift to keep the engine from lugging and will drop to 1st gear when stopped. You can hit the + paddle to start out in 2nd.
2. I don't have sport mode (1320). In drag it won't go into 8th gear.
3. Hitting either paddle will switch to paddle shift mode.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,614 Posts
After the thread I was reading got deleted mid read yesterday evening.........I went for a drive......

Just about ended up with an 'officer enema' too......

Was just out cruising around and enjoying the drive, and came up on a light just as it was about to go red (had just turned yellow). I was doing maybe 45 or 50 (limit was 55 there), and was going to stop.

As many know, these cars (when equipped with the 275s & big brembos) can stop really quickly if you want to, and in this case I could have easily stopped for the light without really trying too hard......and from past experience, I have learned to always look in the rear view mirror prior to doing any even remotely quick stops, as I have almost been rear-ended by people tailgating and not paying attention a few times.

Anyway, I looked in the rear view mirror this time as well as I put my foot on the brake (enough to turn on the lights but not really slow down much yet), and there was a car close enough behind me I couldn't see all of his headlights....thought it was an impala, but wasn't sure. So, I let off the brakes and kept going...didn't speed up, just kept going, and he followed me thru the light.

I looked in the mirror again, and he had slowed down and dropped back some, probably from his delayed braking....and I could see it was a police car....had I actually stopped, there is no way he would have NOT hit me...too close to stop in time, and no room to change lanes (not even allowing for his reaction time).

Wonder if he puckered up some when my brake lights came on ?????

Gave me a chuckle for the rest of the drive......

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
After the thread I was reading got deleted mid read yesterday evening.........I went for a drive......

Just about ended up with an 'officer enema' too......

Was just out cruising around and enjoying the drive, and came up on a light just as it was about to go red (had just turned yellow). I was doing maybe 45 or 50 (limit was 55 there), and was going to stop.

As many know, these cars (when equipped with the 275s & big brembos) can stop really quickly if you want to, and in this case I could have easily stopped for the light without really trying too hard......and from past experience, I have learned to always look in the rear view mirror prior to doing any even remotely quick stops, as I have almost been rear-ended by people tailgating and not paying attention a few times.

Anyway, I looked in the rear view mirror this time as well as I put my foot on the brake (enough to turn on the lights but not really slow down much yet), and there was a car close enough behind me I couldn't see all of his headlights....thought it was an impala, but wasn't sure. So, I let off the brakes and kept going...didn't speed up, just kept going, and he followed me thru the light.

I looked in the mirror again, and he had slowed down and dropped back some, probably from his delayed braking....and I could see it was a police car....had I actually stopped, there is no way he would have NOT hit me...too close to stop in time, and no room to change lanes (not even allowing for his reaction time).

Wonder if he puckered up some when my brake lights came on ?????

Gave me a chuckle for the rest of the drive......
Circa 1978... My friend (Steve) had just purchased a mint condition 1963 Plymouth Belvedere (318) for $200.00 cash. Same model driven by Deputy "Sam Wood" on the hit film "In The Heat Of The Night". Although we were rockers, we use to hangout at Sgt. Pepper's disco tech (Maitland, FL) because that's where the women were. He blew-through a stop sign on his way over to pick me up; which ended-up in a ticket by Winter Park PD. On the way out, he was describing how it happened; which included blowing-through the same stop sign for a second time. Steve; "This is what I did..." I couldn't believe he ran stop sign, again, but that's just how he was. Anyway... seconds later, the same cop pulls him over. The cop was dumbfounded! Cop: "Are you kidding me?" Steve; "I was just showing my friend how I got the ticket." The WPPD office took pity, and let him go without issuing a second citation.

We get to the corner of Aloma and 436 to gas-up, but cars were backed-up at the light. To gain fast access to the Tenneco station, Steve decides to drive up onto the sidewalk. I get out of the car to pick up a pack of Marlboro's, when an Orange County Deputy Sheriff (on motorcycle) pulls-up behind Steve. Without looking behind him, Steve backs the car up onto the front wheel of the cop's bike. It didn't damage the bike, but it sure pissed-off the officer. He gets off his bike, citation book in-hand, and proceeds to reading Steve the riot act. The cop asks for Steve's ID... "Steve - Smith, is it?" Steve; "Yes, sir". "Is Don your dad?" Steve; "Yes, sir". Steve's dad was a long time OCSD detective, known by most everyone in the area. The cop slaps the ticket binder shut and says; "Tell your dad he owes me a bottle of scotch." And that was that.

·
Registered
‘20 Scat pack 50th anniversary 6 speed, 1 of 9 in the color smoke show.
200 Posts
Steve white motors made good and sent me the correct shorter air tube for my hellcat lower air box so I got that installed today.

Catch can has been on for one week so I took a peek and it’s doing it’s job, that’s about 250 miles worth of driving.

Also installed my diode dynamics SL1 led fog lights with anti flicker modules, they look fantastic.

If anyone does this mod I highly recommend getting a good quality (not harbor freight)plastic rivet tool to replace the factory fender well blind rivets if you want to retain the factory look...you don’t really need one but it makes it so much easier to get them installed nice and tight.
I bought one called a Dent Fix from Amazon, a little pricey but it actually works very well.
Dent Fix DENDF-CT887 Slimline Plastic Pop Riveter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YKCSX6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JV9VNZKC9PAQDCMRZ2NT

installed my speed logix e-brake cover and dead pedal cover, really completes the look nicely.

Blacked out my side markers and rear reflectors with some pre-cut overlays from eBay.

The wife went to hobby lobby and found me this scat pack sign for my garage! She’s the best!

Next I’ll be installing a Mopar strut tower brace and Mopar billit caps

Attachments

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
387 Posts
Love the 1320 emblem. Is it vinyl or a 3d emblem?

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody
160 Posts
Steve white motors made good and sent me the correct shorter air tube for my hellcat lower air box so I got that installed today.

Catch can has been on for one week so I took a peek and it’s doing it’s job, that’s about 250 miles worth of driving.

Also installed my diode dynamics SL1 led fog lights with anti flicker modules, they look fantastic.

If anyone does this mod I highly recommend getting a good quality (not harbor freight)plastic rivet tool to replace the factory fender well blind rivets if you want to retain the factory look...you don’t really need one but it makes it so much easier to get them installed nice and tight.
I bought one called a Dent Fix from Amazon, a little pricey but it actually works very well.
Dent Fix DENDF-CT887 Slimline Plastic Pop Riveter Amazon.com: Dent Fix DENDF-CT887 Slimline Plastic Pop Riveter: Automotive

installed my speed logix e-brake cover and dead pedal cover, really completes the look nicely.

Blacked out my side markers and rear reflectors with some pre-cut overlays from eBay.

The wife went to hobby lobby and found me this scat pack sign for my garage! She’s the best!

Next I’ll be installing a Mopar strut tower brace and Mopar billit caps View attachment 273842
View attachment 273843
View attachment 273846
View attachment 273850
View attachment 273851
View attachment 273854
Parking brake and dead pedal look great! I plan on ordering them here soon. Hobby lobby as lots of great Dodge signs and memorabilia, I got 4 signs for my garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Love the 1320 emblem. Is it vinyl or a 3d emblem?
Thanks, I was questioning myself while doing it but dam I was happy with the results (and i even got it straight (i think) LOL... It's Top Grade Automotive Vinyl according to seller and the car is covered and not used in bad weather so I hope it last (they're real cheap so i ordered 2 more as spares just in case, LOL)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Out of winter storage today, given it's 61° and sunny here in the NH mountains. I let her warm up, and took her for a spin around the cul-de-sac in 1st gear. Music to my ears! Will put the insurance back on tmro and hope the snow/salt season is over!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,488 Posts
Lil' Twister has been in storage since early December. Today was a bright and sunny 65°. Got in him and changed the EVIC to show oil pressure status, put my foot on the brake, pressed the gas pedal all the way to the floor and switched it to START and he started cranking. Oil pressure worked it's way up to 35psi. Now that I knew that oil had circulated under pressure without actually starting the car, I let off the gas pedal with my foot still on the brake and started it up for real. Woke it up from its' Winter Sleep at 3:12PM Central Time with no lifter noise whatsoever and let him run about 30 minutes with the AC going. Will get full insurance on him again and be on the streets next week sometime. :)

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,488 Posts
Very busy day...after I got my car out of storage and ran it for a while, I stripped the wax. For a wax stripper I used Turtle Wax Max Power Car Wash. Max Power offers three levels of cleaning - Moderate, Agressive and X-Treme, which is what I chose to dilute it to, as that will entirely strip all waxes off your paint and creates a clean foundation for whatever wax or other protection product you are going to apply. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to not let it dry on your paint before you rinse thoroughly. I washed and rinsed the roof first, then the trunk and then the hood and followed by doing the sides in sections, IE the quarters, doors and fenders. After I finished the stripping process I pulled it back in the garage and dried it with the new Rag Company Double Twistress drying towels I bought last week. I bought a two pack, but only needed one as that was all that was needed to completey dry all the water off my car - no wringing needed. These are great quality towels and are well worth it and allow you to dry something fast without a chance of scratching.

What brought all this project on was the fact that I had decided over the Winter to do a makeover as far as what I use for paint protection. I have been using Mequiars Ultimate synthetic wax since I took delivery nearly 5 years ago and it's served me well with the paint still being flawless and like new. A couple years back I also started using P&S Beadmaker as a top coat for the Meguiars basecoat. This added a layer of hydrophobic protection with an extra step up in gloss. The wash water literally jumped off the finish when you hit it with a hose. All of this was fine, but there are some new products that have come into the marketplace that offer more protection and extreme gloss. (I might also mention that I do not care to spend $2,000 or more to have a shop do a true Ceramic job on my car. I've got better places for that money to go.)

The products that I plan on switching to are fairly new to the paint protection market and all are made by Turtle Wax in their PRO line of paint care. After watching several Youtube video reviews, I decided that they looked promising enough to upgrade to this year. The ingredients that are supposed to make these a step above in gloss and protection are the Graphene and Ceramic elements. Here is one of the reviews on Youtube from a Channel that I subscribe to and another for the Turtle Wax Graphene Infused Flex Wax.

Here's a list of what I'm going to be applying as the week goes by, after I clay bar and do a light polish on the finish...
  1. Turtle Wax 75th Birthday Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax (Used as the Base Coat - Application will be a single coat of this.)
  2. Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax - 2-Coats of this initially w/24 hours cure for each. (Used as a Topper and Maintenance Product.)​
Here's the Lil' Twister after wax stripping and drying...the rinse water showed sheeting rather than beading after this. The wax was removed completely and as a result the drying towels dragged on the raw paint finish and did not glide like they normally would.

Here are the products that I am using with my paint protection upgrade project...

25941 - 25960 of 26979 Posts