Dodge Challenger Forum banner

26861 - 26880 of 26963 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Carbon fiber overlay on steering wheel...
Before...

After...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger RT Scat Pack
1,307 Posts
Drove the Scat Pack to COLUMBUS AFB and made a T-Shirt! My fabulous daughter is quite an awesome crafter with a Cricut. She offered to make me a shirt. So, we manipulated some graphics and she showed me how it all worked.

I really enjoyed spending the time with her and have a cool, home made shirt!

Our Son-in-law graduated T-6 training and we got to watch his last flight yesterday. He dropped “Heavies” and starts training in the T-1 later this month. Very proud to see his dream of flying come true!

The Scat Pack was fabulous as always - averaged just shy of 24MPG, which is amazing considering it was not being babied during the trip ;). It also has an awesome trunk and is just incredibly comfortable on long trips.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
29,134 Posts
Drove the Scat Pack to COLUMBUS AFB and made a T-Shirt! My fabulous daughter is quite an awesome crafter with a Cricut. She offered to make me a shirt. So, we manipulated some graphics and she showed me how it all worked.

View attachment 279903

View attachment 279904

View attachment 279905

View attachment 279906

Our Son-in-law graduated T-6 training and we got to watch his last flight yesterday. He dropped “Heavies” and starts training in the T-1 later this month. Very proud to see his dream of flying come true!

The Scat Pack was fabulous as always - averaged just shy of 24MPG, which is amazing considering it was not being babied during the trip ;). It also has an awesome trunk and is just incredibly comfortable on long trips.
Great shirt, and congrats to your son-in-law! So nice when things work out like this!!!

·
Trigger657
3,199 Posts

View attachment 279903

View attachment 279904

View attachment 279905

View attachment 279906

Very nice....(y)

·
Trigger657
3,199 Posts
My 'FUN..' day with my Pal. The neighborhood was quite today because I wasn't. Even my little buddy from across the street didn't dare come over for his daily Doggy Treat. If your Oil Sensor goes out on your challenger, jack up the radiator cap and get rid of the rest. This is the first time I've had a really bad day with repairs on the Challenger. Yesterday I put a starter on Bubba in 15 minutes. I was so proud I hurt my arm patting myself on the back. Today I couldn't even finish putting on a 'Stinking' Oil Sensor. I guess this is what happens when I learn something new. By the way, BBC2Hemi was right. Hemi is a Hemi, 5.7L or 6.4L same on this issue. Figured out at 630pm tonight as I was putting stuff back together, the 1st engine cover after the air dam needed to come off tooo...:oops: YouTube didn't tell me that would knock off a lot of harsh words and time, doing this.
-Disconnected Battery.
-Top Radiator hoses off.
-Serpentine Belt/Idler Pulley off.
-Both lower engine covers off.
-Fresh Oil while I was at it. 3 oil changes in 2 years (7,000 Miles total) not bad.
-Alternator semi-removed. This was the Mo-hocker that kicked my butt.
-OMG! What does it take to put a starter on this thing...? Starter goes out on Pal, he's going over the cliff.
All this to access the pin on the plug, so I could remove it. Couldn't do it with my big hands. Swapping the sensor after was cake. Also had to deal with the 91 degrees out and Mosquitos from hell. Took a break and called the Dealership for a price. When they told me $315 plus just for labor, I feel better.

Antifreeze spill, not oil. Rinsed it off.

Barely could see it much less grab a whole of it to disconnect the harness.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,471 Posts
My 'FUN..' day with my Pal. The neighborhood was quite today because I wasn't. Even my little buddy from across the street didn't dare come over for his daily Doggy Treat. If your Oil Sensor goes out on your challenger, jack up the radiator cap and get rid of the rest. This is the first time I've had a really bad day with repairs on the Challenger. Yesterday I put a starter on Bubba in 15 minutes. I was so proud I hurt my arm patting myself on the back. Today I couldn't even finish putting on a 'Stinking' Oil Sensor. I guess this is what happens when I learn something new. By the way, BBC2Hemi was right. Hemi is a Hemi, 5.7L or 6.4L same on this issue. Figured out at 630pm tonight as I was putting stuff back together, the 1st engine cover after the air dam needed to come off tooo...:oops: YouTube didn't tell me that would knock off a lot of harsh words and time, doing this.
-Disconnected Battery.
-Top Radiator hoses off.
-Fresh Oil while I was at it. 3 oil changes in 2 years (7,000 Miles total) not bad.
-OMG! What does it take to put a starter on this thing...? Starter goes out on Pal, he's going over the cliff.
All this to access the pin on the plug, so I could remove it. Couldn't do it with my big hands. Swapping the sensor after was cake. Also had to deal with the 91 degrees out and Mosquitos from hell. Took a break and called the Dealership for a price. When they told me $315 plus just for labor, I feel better.

View attachment 279910
View attachment 279911
View attachment 279912
OMG!...

I did read that you'd have to take the alternator loose, but obviously there was more to it than that. I believe the worker that originally installed that oil sensor in the engine plant had a devilish grin on is face knowing all the crap that would be layered around that simple sensor! Engineers and bean-counters, the curse of the backyard mechanic!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,029 Posts
OMG!...

I did read that you'd have to take the alternator loose, but obviously there was more to it than that. I believe the worker that originally installed that oil sensor in the engine plant had a devilish grin on is face knowing all the crap that would be layered around that simple sensor! Engineers and bean-counters, the curse of the backyard mechanic!!!!!!
Eggzactlee! I realized that it had to be behind the alternator after looking at a few pics, like I said I never changed one myself. Glad he got it done..

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
29,134 Posts
-Disconnected Battery.
-Top Radiator hoses off.

View attachment 279910
View attachment 279911
View attachment 279912
A couple of gold stars for that!!! I just got nervous looking at those pics!!!!

·
Trigger657
3,199 Posts
OMG!...

One guy on YouTube did it with only pulling the serpentine belt. He must of had hands of a 9 year old. Another dropped the alternator like it was a piece of cake. Some times I wonder....

·
Premium Member
10,029 Posts
One guy on YouTube did it with only pulling the serpentine belt. He must of had hands of a 9 year old. Another dropped the alternator like it was a piece of cake. Some times I wonder....
You done good grasshawpper!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,137 Posts
took it to get pizza ,next town over 22 miles round trip 17 minutes ,nice the rain held off but i wasn't chancing it .;)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,199 Posts
-Disconnected Battery.
-Top Radiator hoses off.

View attachment 279910
View attachment 279911
View attachment 279912
I know when the alternator was replaced on my 2010 the bolts for it were really tight.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Drove the Challenger to the dealership this morning to stock back up on the oil filters for me and my wife's cars. Had to buy some OAT anti freeze for her Cherokee, when I changed her oil the other day, I noticed it was a little low. Also bought new windshield wipers for her car. Added the anti freeze and changed her wipers when I got back home. She should be good to go now. The parts department had a pretty good size poster of a red with black stripes on the hood and roof shaker. Thought that was a pretty neat looking Challenger, thought I might go look out side on their lot to see if they had one. They always have hundred's of cars and trucks on their lot. Don't know why their lot is pretty much empty, with only a few trucks in the lot. Wonder what's up with that ?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,199 Posts
Drove the Challenger to the dealership this morning to stock back up on the oil filters for me and my wife's cars. Had to buy some OAT anti freeze for her Cherokee, when I changed her oil the other day, I noticed it was a little low. Also bought new windshield wipers for her car. Added the anti freeze and changed her wipers when I got back home. She should be good to go now. The parts department had a pretty good size poster of a red with black strips on the hood and roof shaker. Thought that was a pretty neat looking Challenger, thought I might go look out side on their lot to see if they had one. They always have hundred's of cars and trucks on their lot. Don't know why their lot is pretty much empty, with only a few trucks in the lot. Wonder what's up with that ?
You are not serious are you?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,621 Posts
26861 - 26880 of 26963 Posts