Dodge Challenger Forum banner
27521 - 27540 of 27642 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
i changed out the map lights for l.e.d.'s holy crap! i can perform surgery in there now with all the light. i just have to figure out which l.e.d.'s go for those little button lights over the rear seats.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,501 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i changed out the map lights for l.e.d.'s holy crap! i can perform surgery in there now with all the light. i just have to figure out which l.e.d.'s go for those little button lights over the rear seats.
I did the same thing including the vanity, glove box, puddle and trunk lights. Amazed at the difference. I couldn't find much on the small button lights except you have to pull the headliner to get them out. I'll live with those as-is for now.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I did the same thing including the vanity, glove box, puddle and trunk lights. Amazed at the difference. I couldn't find much on the small button lights except you have to pull the headliner to get them out. I'll live with those as-is for now.
Same here... One if my first mods... Makes a big difference... But yeah those headliner lights are hard... Was gonna do a little blue transparent scotch tape but haven't gotten around to it...

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,515 Posts
View attachment 286469
This finally arrived and I found it to be very well made. Overall, it was a great fit and looked great. I was greatly disappointed to find it covers the third media port which is for an SD card. Although I could use the USB port, I like having the SD card port accessible as I use it some for music. The SD cards take less space in the console as well.
where did you order that from ?

·
Registered
12,229 Posts
Entered her in a car show.
View attachment 285970
Look who made front page of the local news rag.....................better than an award from a biased judge IMHO.
The photographer has a great eye for cool cars!
These are the only two cars pictured out of over 400 entries BTW.

Car Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
29,687 Posts
Look who made front page of the local news rag.....................better than an award from a biased judge IMHO.

View attachment 286511
Now that is just super cool!!!!!!!! Congrats Vicki!!!!!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
29,687 Posts
Thanks! I agree that Dodge should put more emphasis on taking these on trips. The Challenger was a blast to drive on the twisties in Colorado and the Black Hills of South Dakota.
I might be a little prejudice, but thanks for visiting SD!!!! You hit some good spots!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,008 Posts
Thanks
View attachment 286469
This finally arrived and I found it to be very well made. Overall, it was a great fit and looked great. I was greatly disappointed to find it covers the third media port which is for an SD card. Although I could use the USB port, I like having the SD card port accessible as I use it some for music. The SD cards take less space in the console as well.
Thanks for posting this, I ordered one of those console organizers off Amazon for $9 and change delivered next day. For that money I think it's worth a try!

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts

View attachment 286511
Vicki better get an extra copy so she can laminate that front page for posterity! That's the way to do it by golly!!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have some colored film coming in soon for the spot lights and the foot well lights.
I will let you all know how it goes
What color you going with...

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Shaker 5.7 A8 in Octane Red
38 Posts
I installed the rear tower brace from BMR. the install pretty easy, the challenge is the cutting. Still waiting on the front, its on back order like everything these days...

View attachment 286228
I just got mine delivered to the house today. I guess I shouldn't have taken the fender carpets completely out due to eager anticipation. I'm going to install it regardless, and ride around without the carpets for a little bit until the weather gets cooler, and then do measurements, remove the bar, cut the carpets, and reinstall everything. Two of my push-pins broke while removing them so I'm going to need to pick up some replacements now. I even used the correct tools for the simple job, but the heads still snapped off.
Do you notice a difference in handling around corners? I installed the front brace from Petty's Garage on my Shaker a few weeks ago and I could tell a difference when I took it for a test drive.

·
Registered
2017 TA Green Go.
147 Posts
What color you going with...
Green. I already have green leds in the map lights. I have been looking for solutions to the spot lights in the headliner and footwell lights.
I found this business called Decorativefilms.com they will send you up to 5 samplez for 3.95. The sample they send is more than enough to cover the lights.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Amazon delivered my RUIYA Center Console Organizer Tray with overnight delivery. Thanks to @SFCR for tipping me off on this yesterday when I read his post in this thread.

I must admit that for $9.00 tax included (and FREE shipping) this was a great addition. It's cutout around the line in and USB ports and there's room for a cell phone or music player in the larger tray, plus a side tray to hold a mini-led flashlight, and even a change holding section. You can still load an SDHC card underneath it too in the lower storage space. The tray is also easy to remove if you want to store things you don't use very often in the lower area below the organizer. I might also get a short cigarette lighter plug and run a lead wire from it up from the plugin under there too. Here's the link to the special deal of $8.31 for it while it lasts. Others sell these for $12-$16 on there and they are the exact same product, just with a different manufacturer name.

Bag Luggage and bags Gas Automotive design Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Gear shift Personal luxury car
Rectangle Wood Audio equipment Bumper Gas
Brown Packing materials Wood Material property Beige

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Amazon delivered my RUIYA Center Console Organizer Tray with overnight delivery. Thanks to @SFCR for tipping me off on this yesterday when I read his post in this thread.

I must admit that for $9.00 tax included (and FREE shipping) this was a great addition. It's cutout around the line in and USB ports and there's room for a cell phone or music player in the larger tray, plus a side tray to hold a mini-led flashlight, and even a change holding section. You can still load an SDHC card underneath it too in the lower storage space. The tray is also easy to remove if you want to store things you don't use very often in the lower area below the organizer. I might also get a short cigarette lighter plug and run a lead wire from it up from the plugin under there too. Here's the link to the special deal of $8.31 for it while it lasts. Others sell these for $12-$16 on there and they are the exact same product, just with a different manufacturer name.

View attachment 286609 View attachment 286610 View attachment 286611 View attachment 286612
Other than the fact that it covers the SD Card port, I like it. It's well made and it's convenient. However, I have a lot music on a some SD cards and I'd like to have that port available without removing the tray. I could transfer my music files to a USB drive, though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just got mine delivered to the house today. I guess I shouldn't have taken the fender carpets completely out due to eager anticipation. I'm going to install it regardless, and ride around without the carpets for a little bit until the weather gets cooler, and then do measurements, remove the bar, cut the carpets, and reinstall everything. Two of my push-pins broke while removing them so I'm going to need to pick up some replacements now. I even used the correct tools for the simple job, but the heads still snapped off.
Do you notice a difference in handling around corners? I installed the front brace from Petty's Garage on my Shaker a few weeks ago and I could tell a difference when I took it for a test drive.

I did not take them out completely I left the two push pins in that are located behind the rear seats. I pivoted them inwards to work around the area. Just take your time in making the cuts that part took an hour for me, measured many times before making that cut... LOL

It did notice some change in lateral movement but it is low speed very hard to gauge, lets say she feels flatter, less roll around the turns. I install the front yesterday, it finally arrived. Waiting to get them 1500 miles so she can hit the track. On the road course is where I will be able to say if it was worth the dollars...

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,515 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I hate buying Chinese parts, but some of the plastic parts they've done over the past couple years are excellent quality and fit as well as a factory part. I suppose the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep factory plastic parts are probably sourced from China so that explains all the aftermarket items coming from China too. Glad you found some for your older Challenger!

27521 - 27540 of 27642 Posts