Dodge Challenger Forum banner
28501 - 28520 of 28589 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT-8
229 Posts
We are able to do this online here in Texas also, as long as we get the inspection done before hand. $7 at the inspection station and another $7 added to the Registration cost. Equals about $85. If we were in the Houston or some other norther sate areas, the inspection cost is much higher due to the smog testing they do. Down here in south Texas they don't care about the smog stink yet..
Interesting hearing about your vehicle testing in TX. There are only two counties in Indiana that require the emission testing, Porter and Lake. Both counties are located in the furthest most NW portion of the state. The emissions test is free and is required every other year. Without a “passed” emissions test number, you are unable to renew your plate/registration.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,801 Posts
My kids could drive down here and get the cheap inspection and then go back home with no issues...🤷‍♂️
Sorry this is way off topic.

With the compliance all the automotive industry is doing these days to appease the government with newer cars, unless a car or truck has been modified by the owner, inspections should not even be necessary anymore. I think in my area the biggest problems lately are coming from the new truck fad the younger generation is into called the Carolina Squat, in North and South Carolina. They lower the rear of the truck almost to the ground and lift the front, and run the loudest exhaust they can put on it, they say they do it to stand out and attract attention from girls and others. Unfortunately they are finally getting the attention but not the kind they want, from the Police.

Unfortunately there are always some that ruin it for everyone else, and the extremely loud exhaust is definitely one of them almost sounds like straight pipes to me. That also is happening in the Charger, Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang camps, as many are for some reason running straight pipes. Some are obnoxious as hell being heard 3 to 5 blocks away even when trying to be as unnoticeable as possible because the Police are close by. It will cost South Carolina a lot of money to reopen inspection stations as they are completely gone. I hope that never happens here!

·
Trigger657
4,006 Posts

With the compliance all the automotive industry is doing these days to appease the government with newer cars, unless a car or truck has been modified by the owner, inspections should not even be necessary anymore. I think in my area the biggest problems lately are coming from the new truck fad the younger generation is into called the Carolina Squat, in North and South Carolina. They lower the rear of the truck almost to the ground and lift the front, and run the loudest exhaust they can put on it, they say they do it to stand out and attract attention from girls and others. Unfortunately they are finally getting the attention but not the kind they want, from the Police.

Unfortunately there are always some that ruin it for everyone else, and the extremely loud exhaust is definitely one of them almost sounds like straight pipes to me. That also is happening in the Charger, Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang camps, as many are for some reason running straight pipes. Some are obnoxious as hell being heard 3 to 5 blocks away even when trying to be as unnoticeable as possible because the Police are close by. It will cost South Carolina a lot of money to completely reopen inspection stations as they are completely gone. I hope that never happens here!
Same here.

·
Premium Member
13,031 Posts

Unfortunately there are always some that ruin it for everyone else, and the extremely loud exhaust is definitely one of them almost sounds like straight pipes to me. That also is happening in the Charger, Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang camps, as many are for some reason running straight pipes. Some are obnoxious as hell being heard 3 to 5 blocks away even when trying to be as unnoticeable as possible because the Police are close by. It will cost South Carolina a lot of money to reopen inspection stations as they are completely gone. I hope that never happens here!
I was wondering about those trucks on my trip to Florida and they fly down the interstate, weaving thru traffic, just attracting attention to themselves even more!

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,801 Posts
I was wondering about those trucks on my trip to Florida and they fly down the interstate, weaving thru traffic, just attracting attention to themselves even more!
Unless they modify the headlights they cannot even safely drive at night, that is one of the reasons they are pushing to outlaw those mods in SC.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,196 Posts
Drove up to Rapid City today to pick up some shelves that came in for my garden shed. That took about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time was spent in the car! Great drive up and I returned through Keystone, and drove by Mt. Rushmore.

A morning pic and then one close to Mt. Rushmore. NO one was there while I stopped to take some pics. I was there 15-20 minutes and not one car. That was pretty amazing. I had the Presidents all to myself! More pics coming tomorrow.

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT-8
229 Posts
Drove up to Rapid City today to pick up some shelves that came in for my garden shed. That took about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time was spent in the car! Great drive up and I returned through Keystone, and drove by Mt. Rushmore.

A morning pic and then one close to Mt. Rushmore. NO one was there while I stopped to take some pics. I was there 15-20 minutes and not one car. That was pretty amazing. I had the Presidents all to myself! More pics coming tomorrow.

View attachment 293841

View attachment 293842
Pretty cool sight! Next year’s calendar entry? Absolutely!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,196 Posts
A couple posts on my drive yesterday. First pics from on the way up. Went through some wide open country with lots of grazing land and cattle! Ranchers are feeding cows right now, getting ready for calving season that starts in the coming month for many.

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

Cloud Sky Plant Window Building

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Automotive tail & brake light

Brown Sky Cloud Slope Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Sky Cloud Natural landscape Slope Mountain

The picture above and the one below are in opposite pastures. Lots of angus cattle in SD!

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Horizon Plain

Sky Plant Cloud Plant community Natural landscape

The above cattle were quite a ways further west from the these cows. Here a mixture of black baldy and Herefords.

Cloud Sky Azure Natural landscape Wood

I am thinking one more post for the trip to Rapid City.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Washed it for the first time today. Took it to a automated touchless since it’s to cold to do it myself. That ceramic coating made the drying off really easy and it cleaned up real nice. No water spots and a quick microfiber towel drying here and there a little tire shine and it looks just like the day I picked it up from the ceramic shop. Does anyone know if there’s a touch up paint for the rims? I noticed this tiny can’t really see it scratch on the black rims, I have the carbon black wheels.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,196 Posts
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

Horse Ecoregion Vertebrate Mammal Natural landscape

These horses were beautiful and before I could catch them in the pic below, just standing still, they were off and running/playing with each other!

Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape Bedrock

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

This Scat pic is at the Mt. Rushmore site, and I got a few more pics from that area.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Sky Plant Mountain Bedrock Sculpture

Automotive parking light Car Sky Automotive side marker light Vehicle

I actually made a U-turn and didn't intend to stop here. Mt. Rushmore is right behind those pine trees. I saw these deer eating along the road, so I wanted to get a
few pics. They sure weren't very wild.

Deer Fawn Grass Terrestrial animal Groundcover

Vertebrate Deer Mammal Grass Fawn

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

I had to stop in Keystone and get this pic. Most of the time you can't stop, for all the tourists. Most of the hotels and restaurants are closed down. Pretty quiet in
Keystone right now.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,516 Posts
fired it up ! let the coolant and oil reach it's max temperature for a half hour then kissed it good night and told it spring is around the corner :cool:

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,033 Posts
Complete detail on the Scat Pack today. Then put on it's new Covercraft Ultra Tech car cover for the first time. Very happy with it. Tough but lightweight with good breath-ability and smooth as silk. Snow expected Sunday night.

Vehicle cover Tarpaulin Plant Hood Vehicle

·
Premium Member
19,769 Posts
Complete detail on the Scat Pack today. Then put on it's new Covercraft Ultra Tech car cover for the first time. Very happy with it. Tough but lightweight with good breath-ability and smooth as silk. Snow expected Sunday night.

View attachment 293927
Looks like there is a garage back there which begs the question, why isn’t that bad boy in there ?

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Looks like there is a garage back there which begs the question, why isn’t that bad boy in there ?
Good question! Because unfortunately, that garage is occupied with 2 collector cars and 2 motorcycles. Just look at my profile. The Hawk's have never been rained on or driven on a wet street. Both, at 20 years old, have less than 7K miles each on them. It's only temporary. Moving to the country in 1 - 2 years and will have a shop big enough for them all...and them some! ;) With full ceramic and PPF, I think it will be OK until it get's it's own home.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Just a peek, here's the inside.......

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

28501 - 28520 of 28589 Posts