Dodge Challenger Forum banner
28521 - 28540 of 28589 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,033 Posts
OK, I’ll cut you some slack since you went the extra mile with the coating and PPF, but starting today you’ve got 730 days to provide the Challenger with a home it deserves. ;)
It's a deal brother! It bothers me every day. But before I can move, I have to get one Son married (He proposed! Date is 12/2/22!) and one out of college (Graduates 5/31/22!). Then it's my turn!!!! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Took it out to an early job this morning and it’s back in the garage looking pretty until it’s next adventure. Seriously can’t get enough of this car it’s absolutely amazing and dam is it quiet inside and comfortable even over bad roads in auto/street mode. Sport and track are stiff but even those modes aren’t bad. Also changed my custom mode and changed steering from sport to track. I love how tight and precise it is in track, and got 20.5mpg in auto mode on a 15 mile highway drive probably would of gotten better if I put it in cruise control

·
Premium Member
19,769 Posts
Took it out to an early job this morning and it’s back in the garage looking pretty until it’s next adventure. Seriously can’t get enough of this car it’s absolutely amazing and dam is it quiet inside and comfortable even over bad roads in auto/street mode. Sport and track are stiff but even those modes aren’t bad. Also changed my custom mode and changed steering from sport to track. I love how tight and precise it is in track, and got 20.5mpg in auto mode on a 15 mile highway drive probably would of gotten better if I put it in cruise control
That’s a good idea to play around with the different settings. I haven’t done that much but I will.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts
Ordered new rotors & pads for all 4 corners on the SRT.......pads are getting low, and the front rotors have a nasty lip on the outer edge no one will turn down, so just replacing them completely as I am sure that lip is not helping with the cold brake squeal I sometimes get.

Will retain all original equipment for potential use later.....I also want to replace the front calipers, as one has badly discolored, but can't find them anywhere except for dodge at a crazy price. So I may end up painting or powdercoating the calipers in the future...as right now, one is red and one looks orange......

Went with these.....was gonna go 1 piece cast front on the rotors to save 400 or so bucks, but decided to keep it close to original.......

·
Premium Member
19,769 Posts
Ordered new rotors & pads for all 4 corners on the SRT.......pads are getting low, and the front rotors have a nasty lip on the outer edge no one will turn down, so just replacing them completely as I am sure that lip is not helping with the cold brake squeal I sometimes get.

Will retain all original equipment for potential use later.....I also want to replace the front calipers, as one has badly discolored, but can't find them anywhere except for dodge at a crazy price. So I may end up painting or powdercoating the calipers in the future...as right now, one is red and one looks orange......

Went with these.....was gonna go 1 piece cast front on the rotors to save 400 or so bucks, but decided to keep it close to original.......

Had the same pads along with their solid coated rotors installed on my son’s 09’ R/T. Very good stopping power and no noise. Satisfied so far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did your car have the brembo caliper covers? If so what covers are you going to use? I’d think it would look downgraded without those big nice looking calipers that came with the brembos unless they looked equally as good.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,266 Posts

Love the powerstops virtually no dust, etc.,

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts
Did your car have the brembo caliper covers? If so what covers are you going to use? I’d think it would look downgraded without those big nice looking calipers that came with the brembos unless they looked equally as good.

Who are you asking ?????

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,266 Posts
Will do better photos later did the Polished Stainless Steel Headlight Ring Bezels I have been working on and fabrication when back and arm are allowing me. Now a touch of retro is on the front. Didn't want to use those cheap Chrome Vinyl Molding craps American Car Craft has in the over lay kit plus they were damaged from how they rolled them up and packaged them. I did use the over lays made of brushed Stainless Steel with Polished Trim Rings. Taped them sprayed SEM Automotive Self Etching Flat Black Primer then a light coat of the Dupli Color Ford Semi Gloss Black Engine Ceramic Enamel Paint which keeps it very low reflective and matches the plastic. Also will do the small Side Fillers later as well. These arent 100% perfect but pretty happy with the results. At least I was able to do some Fabiraction myself in spite of so physical limitations.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille

The Vanishing Point Challenger as a Inspiration for this project...
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Gave her a wash and off to the first car show of the year...
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

It was kind small but "a good time was had by all"...

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,033 Posts
Car show season starts early where you are at! First one here in North Alabama won't be until March. So, is the blue Cuda' yours?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts
@TRCM i was asking you
My car is a 2015 SRT 392...it has the actual 6 piston Brembo brakes up front and the 4 piston out back...no covers of any kind...just powdercoated calipers.

But the clear coat has come off on the drivers side front and the paint has faded.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Car show season starts early where you are at! First one here in North Alabama won't be until March. So, is the blue Cuda' yours?
I wish... 🙂

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did the Barton Pistol Grip Install and ZAuto Active Exhaust Delete
(yes i know i could have done AED for free but its cold as ch!t out, i'm working on a rock driveway, and im no spring chicken). I wanted the quick easy way to do it (or un-do it)
NO RAGRETS LOL...

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts

Holy Moly !!!

Woke up this morning at 0700, and they were already on my doorstep !

Wasn't supposed to be here till tomorrow.....oh well, not going on today..........house and garage have other ideas for me.....

1) garage door is acting up....I've had to tweak it several times over the weekend to keep it working, and i'm done.....gonna call in an expert and let him adjust it. I know they are gonna say I need a new one (and I know it would be nice) as the current one is over 30 yrs old, but some wall repair and fascia replacement needs to happen first

2) Kitchen sink needs either a new diverter & spray hose, or a whole new faucet (ain't been able to find the parts yet for much less than the cost of a whole new one) as the sprayer leaks, and the diverter doesn't divert all the flow like it should

3) After the wind the last 2 days (and the sounds I've been hearing), I'm pretty sure once I get dressed and walk outside, I'm gonna see some siding and such that need to be put back in place.....

28521 - 28540 of 28589 Posts