Dodge Challenger Forum banner
29481 - 29500 of 29634 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Got my Pettys garage strut tower in yesterday and installed it only took about ten minutes then before I put the strut tower covers on took her for a drive to the store to test it and see if any bolts came loose one needed retightening a bit then got home and put the covers on. Gotta say I only drove in auto/street mode but the car on turns feels flatter, before on auto mode I’d feel a slight body roll like it was tilting a little towards the side of the turn but now nothing it feels more planted can’t wait to see how it feels in sport and track modes. Here’s a couple pics:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Typewriter
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
237 Posts
Also I was out late at night on rt 1 in MA and the place was empty so I decided to see how much hp my car actually produces. put the hp gauge in the center and performance pages on the touch screen and floored it I was up to 500hp before I let off and I def could of gotten more but I was already at highway speeds before I started and was getting into the upper 90s mph. And it wasn’t even cold out it must of been 60 degrees. Very impressed

·
Registered
3,173 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
ArmorAll plus heat (sun) equals cracked plastic. Don't ask me how I know...
OK, what's the best alternative? 303 aerospace protectant?
BTW, I read that Armor All does not cause dashes to crack. There are many cracked dashes that never touch Armor All. Dashes have plasticizers in them that leach out over time especially in heat leaving the plastic brittle and prone to cracking.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
IMO, the worst thing you can do to a vehicle is store it which can lead to many failures that have nothing to do with sun, because some store in closed areas and sun is not a factor and still get damage like a cracked dash. Air the same as water can get stagnant because it has moisture in it, water stagnates when there is no fresh water entering. Also possessions in life draw an essence from the life inside of it, one example is when someone dies and their home which may have been in excellent condition at their death.
But maybe because of family discord the house is left abandoned and the house rapidly deteriorates and a couple of years later it is falling apart.

A humans life force adds life to these possessions whether you realize it or not, every time you drive your car and open those doors you exchange air inside the car, so the air on a daily driver does not get stagnant. Also you have an aura about you that extends from your body and that is most evident when someone you do not want within your aura sits too close to you, you get uncomfortable. That same aura extends into things around us the life force so to speak. Our possessions draw energy from that life force around us, because if you remove it for long periods of time you will see degradation.

Maybe if you are forced to store your car over the winter instead of cranking it once a month, maybe increase the interval that you enter the car and completely exchange the air inside of it. Ry

• Wow
Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,984 Posts
Got my Pettys garage strut tower in yesterday and installed it only took about ten minutes then before I put the strut tower covers on took her for a drive to the store to test it and see if any bolts came loose one needed retightening a bit then got home and put the covers on. Gotta say I only drove in auto/street mode but the car on turns feels flatter, before on auto mode I’d feel a slight body roll like it was tilting a little towards the side of the turn but now nothing it feels more planted can’t wait to see how it feels in sport and track modes. Here’s a couple pics:

View attachment 301166 View attachment 301167 View attachment 301168
Very Cool , will get one later one for my Challenger, also just recheck the torque after a few days ...

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,756 Posts
IMO, the worst thing you can do to a vehicle is store it which can lead to many failures that have nothing to do with sun, because some store in closed areas and sun is not a factor and still get damage like a cracked dash. Air the same as water can get stagnant because it has moisture in it, water stagnates when there is no fresh water entering. Also possessions in life draw an essence from the life inside of it, one example is when someone dies and their home which may have been in excellent condition at their death.
But maybe because of family discord the house is left abandoned and the house rapidly deteriorates and a couple of years later it is falling apart.

A humans life force adds life to these possessions whether you realize it or not, every time you drive your car and open those doors you exchange air inside the car, so the air on a daily driver does not get stagnant. Also you have an aura about you that extends from your body and that is most evident when someone you do not want within your aura sits too close to you, you get uncomfortable. That same aura extends into things around us the life force so to speak. Our possessions draw energy from that life force around us, because if you remove it for long periods of time you will see degradation.

Maybe if you are forced to store your car over the winter instead of cranking it once a month, maybe increase the interval that you enter the car and completely exchange the air inside of it. Ry
Damn, that's deep!
I was standing in a department store line at Christmas one time. Lady in front of me was taking forever and I was in a hurry. While I did not look at her or say a thing, she turned and looked at me and asked if she was holding me up. As nicely as I could, I said "No Mam', you're fine". Her friend that was with her looked directly at me and said "Yes you are, I can FEEL it!". :oops: That's projection and no way I could turn it off.

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,860 Posts
Took the Scat into town today for a local high schooler's graduation party. Nice day. After the party, we stopped at the local convenience store. Weren't many parking places, so I did find one next to a white challenger that I see around town on occasion. That was painful. The front bumper was taped on! And of course it was dirty! My eyes still hurt from seeing that.
Got home before the rain sprinkles this evening. Now it just needs to start raining for real!

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,748 Posts
it is a much better filter...the price is pure gouging

They are normally in the 15-20 range each.
have you tried mopars e store

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
513 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Added shaker hood to my SXT

jk…

Car Vehicle Wheel Grille Vehicle registration plate

Ditched the splitter actually : )

Replaced it with SXT spoiler today

Pita but cheap mod <100

No more Nascar styling yay

Anyone need a good 15-22 scat splitter?

*Better pix this week. Happy Mother’s Day Betty

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,860 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very Cool , will get one later one for my Challenger, also just recheck the torque after a few days ...
I’ll give it a couple more days and check again should be to hard popping the covers off again. I took her out yesterday for a spin and decided to really try out the strut tower and see if it was just placebo, i was on the highway and took a fast turn into the staples parking lot and it was definitely not a placebo effect! the car was in auto/street mode and it felt more planted and balanced and no body roll at all. Sport mode same thing but I haven’t tried it yet in track mode. I’m really tempted to buy the rear strut tower as well but I don’t want to lose trunk space since I actually use it. Gotta say one of the best mods next to the mid muffler delete and adding in vibrants.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Added shaker hood to my SXT

jk…

Ditched the splitter actually : )

Replaced it with SXT spoiler today

Pita but cheap mod <100

No more Nascar styling yay

Anyone need a good 15-22 scat splitter?

*Better pix this week. Happy Mother’s Day Betty
Nice Shaker Mod and I also like the lower Profile front Spoiler / Splinter / Air Dam.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,756 Posts
New shifter day - install was pretty straight forward. Had an oh crap moment when my display was off after installing it, somehow I must have turned it off prior - View attachment 301239 doh!.
Picture makes it look like you don't have a clutch, just gas and brake. LOL!

Reactions: 6.1SilverFox

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Started to detail a little under the Hood cleaned with some greased lightning light mist on a some shop towels, then wiped it all dry with some Automotive Paper Towels,
then light dress some plastic and rubber with the Meguair's Marine Rubber / Vinyl and Plastic Protectant same way, nice and clean under the hood now
Gonna get the Covers for Washer Tank and Coolant Covers off Amazon. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like changing out my Cowl Cover.

29481 - 29500 of 29634 Posts